Post by xoomit » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:57 am

Hej everyone,

I run a shop on opencart and realized some time ago that my order numbers are not consecutive. Now I saw that there are some orders in the DB that are not shown in the shop (which explains why some customers complain). These orders have the status "0" in the DB. How / why do orders get this status? Which one is this status? How can I prevent this so that I see ALL orders in the backend of my shop?

Thanks & best,
Torge

Post by rbosworth » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:00 am

I have the same issue using Paypal Standard

Post by labeshops » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:21 am

Depending on your oc version, these orders are "Missing Orders" or "Abandoned Orders" when you filter by status in your sales > orders list.

They result from several things - a payment api call not completing back to your store (like paypal standard), a customer that only goes so far in the order process and doesn't complete the order, etc. There are several threads about the fix for paypal and other payment processors not completing so do a search (this applies if you have received a payment for those orders but they come thru on oc as "missing" or "abandoned"). Otherwise, they are incomplete orders and should not be processed, though you may want to email those customers to see if you can help them complete their order or what the issue might have been.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by xoomit » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Hej labeshops,

got you. Great that OC already writes this into the DB...even though I doubt that you're allowed to e-mail these guys in Germany :/

Thank you so much!

Best,
Torge
www.diestadtgärtner.de

Post by i2Paq » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:17 pm

You should check you OpenCart error log, it sometimes reveals the issue why PayPal did not change the orderstatus.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Nope, if you are sure you got the IPN set up, I would say, take a look at your Paypal Account IPN history. See what they sent and the response. It's easier to debug this way. If your IPN isn't set up right, your OpenCart won't log anything

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by thbr02 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 am

There is a extension to show your Abandoned Orders http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ed%20order. The abandoned orders are not necessarily due to some error. I think they also are created if the customer almost put an order but did change it at the checkout.

Location - Sweden