Post by Signman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 am

I never found a solution either. eagerly hoping someone has an idea :bash:

Post by jewellerstore » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Surely someone has got a solution to this problem! There seem to be enough of us with it.

Post by prem » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:26 pm

I managed to remove them. I''m using custom theme and the code is different and it works.

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS PLEASE BACKUP THE FILES YOU EDIT! I'm no programmer and can't guarantee this will work or won't cause any errors. For me it works... I guess it would be good to mark all to no on customer groups options.

So the files you need are guest.tpl and register.tpl in catalog/view/theme/YOUR-THEME/template/checkout/

remove the following lines:

<span id="company-id-required" class="required">*</span> <?php echo $entry_company_id; ?>

<span id="tax-id-required" class="required">*</span> <?php echo $entry_tax_id; ?>

Post by Signman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 am

Didn't work for me. Dang got all excited too lmao.

I am using default template.

Ok edit that. My issue was from the beginning concerning registration. So your tip probably works good for checkout issues. I do not allow guest checkout so I never even noticed the issue at checkout.

but thanks to your tip,

I went to account>register.tpl and removed it there and i got a sort of works reaction.

It did remove the Company ID text from the registration page. Problem mostly solved.

But it leaves the text box. Not the biggest of issues and definitely a better situation, but still not completely clean.

Now ho to remove the text box?

Post by DSGI » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:11 pm

POSSIBLE SOLUTION USING V1.5.3.1 WITH BOTH DEFAULT AND CUSTOM THEMES AND MULTISITE:

1) Create a default customer group that is:
1a) ALL NO to the following options: Approve New Customers, Display Company No., Company No. Required, Display Tax ID, Tax ID Required.
1b) Set that customer group as the default customer group for the store under: Settings --> choose store --> Options Tab --> Account section

2) Uncheck ALL other customer groups from the Account section mentioned above.

This should make it so meet your requests.

Feel free to visit my site: Http://nwfineart.com/register to see what I'm referring to.

Hope that helps - feel free to PM me if you need more help.

DSGI

Post by vodz0001 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:49 am

This solution worked for me. Seems like the best solution as I tried everything - changing code etc.
Cheers.

Post by Brinkmann » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Change file so Company and Tax ID do not show....

path /catalog/view/theme/default/template/account
file register.tpl

line 73
Change from
<tr id="company-id-display">
to
<tr style="display:none" id="company-id-display">

Line 80
Change from
<tr id="tax-id-display">
to
<tr style="display:none" id="tax-id-display">

Post by vegivory » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:28 pm

I was having the exact same issue and this is what I did and it worked like a charm:

From the administration panel click on the "System" tab and select "Settings". Next, click on "Edit" next to your store name.
Then click on option. Now scroll down to "Account" and where is says: "Customer Groups:
Display customer groups that new customers can select to use such as wholesale and business when signing up.
" click to checkmark the box next to the name of the group which appears in the box on the right. (In my case the group is called "Wholesale") The checkbox next to that group name was previously "unchecked".

Now go to Sales/Customers/Customer Groups and click on edit. Then simply click on the desired radio buttons.

This should solve the problem.

-Jim

Post by dfnetchii » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:17 pm

vegivory wrote:I was having the exact same issue and this is what I did and it worked like a charm:

From the administration panel click on the "System" tab and select "Settings". Next, click on "Edit" next to your store name.
Then click on option. Now scroll down to "Account" and where is says: "Customer Groups:
Display customer groups that new customers can select to use such as wholesale and business when signing up.
" click to checkmark the box next to the name of the group which appears in the box on the right. (In my case the group is called "Wholesale") The checkbox next to that group name was previously "unchecked".

Now go to Sales/Customers/Customer Groups and click on edit. Then simply click on the desired radio buttons.

-Jim
This man deserves a cookie!!! Thanks ;D

Post by MikeSCC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Thank you.

Post by chocolatte » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Awesome! This solution works! Thanks a million ;D

Post by oneonesip » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:10 pm

sure just make new group or edit the default company no to NO

Soccer bet tips | Rumah dijual | Rumah minimalis Jasa SEO
| Thailand Movie

Post by ronnieb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 am

Brilliant I would never have found that !!

Post by pooks » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:36 am

I had similar problems needed to get latest install put new models and controllers and also the template files... The old modifications in those caused problems...

Post by ukmarketeer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 am

jim your a top man, had this issue for ages until i see your comments O0

Post by byens » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 am

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=10454

I have made vqmod version for this, tested with 1.5.5.1

cheers

Selling Kristik - Jasa Foto Aura - Kapas Vapor - supplier baju anak -

Location - Surabaya

Post by byens » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:11 pm

However error php still occurs when someone checkout as guess

index company_id and tax_id in catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php

I can not find any solution for this. Please anyone advice?

Selling Kristik - Jasa Foto Aura - Kapas Vapor - supplier baju anak -

Location - Surabaya

Post by jefflawsonn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I am not sure about that, but may be there are two stages. I would also be interested in downgrading from 1.5.3.1, if i could remove the country ID field. Or if anyone has a suggestion on how to remove it directly.

e liquid uk

Post by rumahminimalis374 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:40 pm

chocolatte wrote:Awesome! This solution works! Thanks a million ;D
yeah awesome and very helpfull 8)

Rumah Minimalis | Gambar Rumah Minimalis

Post by tdaubs » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:04 am

vegivory wrote:I was having the exact same issue and this is what I did and it worked like a charm:

-Jim
Thanks Jim! That fixed the issue for me too.

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California