Post by KennyK » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:57 pm

This mod workes great. one problem with product on spesial.
If a product is on special and there is options, this mod use the product price+ options and not the special price + options

How can I Fix this.

Any help? Thanx

Post by PetSue » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Qphoria - any chance this being addressed or has it gone into the too hard basket?

Post by thepaladin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:11 pm

I have the following problem:
e.g.
So if someone buys pack and lets say something costs 100 € with 15% save pay only 85€ if they add options: pack two + 50€, pay only 127,5€ the display is 135€ see only 15% to 100€ more 50€, must show 15% of € 150 = 127€.

Can you do something?

Location - Italy

Post by PetSue » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Would anyone be able to update this for v 1.5.4 please as this is a must have for us and would love it to work for latest version?

Thank you :)

Post by Qphoria » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 am

The code was already 1.5.4.x compatible
But I've fixed code to properly work with Special prices.

Administrator

Post by PetSue » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Qphoria wrote:The code was already 1.5.4.x compatible
But I've fixed code to properly work with Special prices.
Thank you very much, works a treat :)

Post by Sokonomi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Is there a way to make it hide the price if the option does not add or subtract anything?

Say im selling medals, and want people to choose a ribbon color at no extra charge,
can I make it so it wont show the prices next to the colors?
Because it might confuse customers into thinking the ribbon costs extra.

if ($option_price == 0) { hide option_price }

Kinda like that, roughly. ;D

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 am

So as it is now..

Tshirt: $100.00
- Color Red: $100.00 <-- implying a $0 increase
- Color Blue: $110.00 <-- Implying a $10 increase
- Color Green: $115.00 <-- implying a $15 increase

You want to change it to:

Tshirt: $100.00
- Color Red: ____ <-- implying a $0 increase
- Color Blue: $110.00 <-- Implying a $10 increase
- Color Green: $115.00 <-- implying a $15 increase

Because showing $100.00 by the red would make people thing it costs $200 ?
But you don't seem phased that people might think the Blue costs $210 or the green costs $215?

The way it is now means the same logic applies to all prices.

Administrator

Post by Sokonomi » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:46 am

The problem is that there are options that do not affect prices.
I do agree that not pricetagging just one item in an option list looks odd and confusing,
but on options that have no items that affect price it would look nicer if they didn't have a pricetag.

Say I have a trophy that's available in different sizes and the price differs accordingly.
But those trophies also have an option to be gold, silver or bronze, without affecting the price.
It would look nicer if that color option had no mentioning of price since it doesn't affect it.

So for short:
if(optionprice array != 0) { do what your mod does }

Would make things look nicer in my opinion.

Post by Cosmological » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:20 am

Sokonomi wrote: Say I have a trophy that's available in different sizes and the price differs accordingly.
But those trophies also have an option to be gold, silver or bronze, without affecting the price.
It would look nicer if that color option had no mentioning of price since it doesn't affect it.
Hello Sokonomi
I wanted a similar functionality and so added the following hack to Qphoria's mod. I can't guarantee it'll work for everyone, although it is quite simple and works on my install.

I found

Code: Select all

<![CDATA[
and added the following immediately after:

if ($option_value['price'] !='0.0000') {  
Then, at the end, immediately preceding

]]>
added:

} else {}
Hope this helps, best of luck and thanks Qphoria for making the mod available.

Dan
Last edited by Cosmological on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sokonomi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:26 pm

That doesn't work because option value price is not a float but a string.
So it involved a heap of string replace and substring select code to deal with it.

Post by Cosmological » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Sokonomi wrote:That doesn't work because option value price is not a float but a string.
So it involved a heap of string replace and substring select code to deal with it.
Oh right, sorry to hear it didn't help your situation. The alterations work fine on my site (1.5.4.1) and do exactly what I need; use this mod to display actual prices on the selections rather than +/-, whilst not displaying any price at all on options that cost nothing extra.
It sounds then as if your setup is different to mine if my modification doesn't work for you. Too bad, I was pleased with my hack (I'm primarily a designer and very amateur when it comes to coding) and was hoping it would help you or others too. Maybe Qphoria will come up with a better solution at some point.

Dan

Post by Sokonomi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:54 pm

The problem is the comma, Im guessing your shop uses american annotations, thus a dot for decimals. That gets accepted as a float, as where my comma decimal throws a spanner in the works. I had to jump through hoops by converting both $price and $option_value['price'] to floats and then applying math and then reformatting it again. Plus I had to do a dirty hack by turning a products MPN into a toggle switch so it will reformat all or none of the options. Because as Qphoria said, only doing it partially will look weird. But it got done in the end so im pleased with it. :p

Post by Cosmological » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Sokonomi wrote:The problem is the comma, Im guessing your shop uses american annotations,
Ah right, yeah I'm keeping it simple and sticking to the point... pardon the pun haha. If I wanted to change presentation to use the comma, I'd probably have gone for the easy option and written a bit of jquery using regex to match and switch the points to commas after the fact. Sounds like your solution might be more robust - glad it works for you anyway, that's the main thing!

Dan

Post by dianem » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:41 am

There is a little wrong in Cosmological's solution.

You must add

} else {}
not

else {}
and it works

Post by FreshRoastedCoffee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 pm

I am also in a bit of of a fix, my company sells coffee and the prices will show correct for each bag size option, but i don't wan the grind option to show a price. Is there a way to just have this mod apply to certain options.

Post by Cosmological » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 am

FreshRoastedCoffee wrote:I am also in a bit of of a fix, my company sells coffee and the prices will show correct for each bag size option, but i don't wan the grind option to show a price. Is there a way to just have this mod apply to certain options.
Using this mod, together with my modification should work for you (at least it does on my install), so long as you set your "Grind" option price to be +/- 0.00.

Cheers
Dan

Post by Xciso » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Is this working with 1.5.5.x?

Post by wildrizzo88 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:47 am

Cosmological wrote:
Sokonomi wrote: Say I have a trophy that's available in different sizes and the price differs accordingly.
Hello Sokonomi
I wanted a similar functionality and so added the following hack to Qphoria's mod. I can't guarantee it'll work for everyone, although it is quite simple and works on my install.

I found

<![CDATA[
and added the following immediately after:

if ($option_value['price'] !='0.0000') {  
Then, at the end, immediately preceding

]]>
added:

else {}
Hope this helps, best of luck and thanks Qphoria for making the mod available.

Dan
Where did you add it? There are multiple spots and haven't been able to get to work.

Post by Cosmological » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 pm

wildrizzo88 wrote:Where did you add it? There are multiple spots and haven't been able to get to work.
You add it in the xml file, here: /vqmod/xml/show_full_option_price.xml
Xciso wrote:Is this working with 1.5.5.x?
On my installation of 1.5.5.1, yes, it works fine.

Dan