Post by OC2PS » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 pm

I have run into this weird issue. Every day, I receive 2-3 calls from customers who face this problem.

When they click "Checkout" and log in, then after selecting the address in Billing Details, clicking on CONTINUE button does not work.

What's particularly challenging is that this problem is not consistent or predictable. It is so notoriously difficult to replicate that for the first few weeks, I dismissed the customer reports as "stupid users" and tried to tell them to use Tab and Enter or Refresh page, etc.

On my 4 machines, 99.99% times, the checkout process works fine. But I have been able to replicate the issue in both Firefox and Chrome. Unfortunately, I can't help with specific factors that help replicate the issue, except for using lots of different machines, and to try checking out lots of times.

Now that I know the problem is real and that it's turning away several customers every day, I would greatly appreciate a fix.

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by jakuba » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:28 pm

I have same problem. On 1.5.1.3 and now in 1.5.3.1.

Location - CZ-Prague

Post by Daniel » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:44 am

could it be the names of customers? have you tied foreign characters?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by OC2PS » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:11 pm

All my customers have "foreign" names. Not all face the issue.

Besides, when I faced this problem myself, the account I used did not have any "special characters" in customer name.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by jakuba » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Yes, customer name did not have any "special characters". I think it is issue with session or something else.

Location - CZ-Prague

Post by kevinlim » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:25 am

I have same problem now in 1.5.3.1.

Post by jakuba » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 am

After selecting the address in Billing Details, clicking on CONTINUE button does not work (nothing action) and error log is empty.

Location - CZ-Prague

Post by acco_deutschia » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:58 am

Hi, I have the same issue, has anyone founded out the source of the bug? Thanx, Akoshimo

Post by mark07ward » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello,
yes there is an issue with continue button it doesnt work properly might be it is related to some special characters in name but i wish solve this issue as soon as possible ..

Flower Mound Locksmith
Glen Burnie Locksmith
Locksmith Lewisville
Livonia Locksmith

Post by Daniel » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 pm

most likely you are using old templates or have done a bad upgrade. or not configrued your mail system. step 2 noally shoots off an email at this stage.

do some research and higher some one to help fix your problems. don't wait around expecting me to fix problems that are caused by yourself.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by OC2PS » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:55 am

Daniel wrote:most likely you are using old templates
I suspect that's not the case as using Default theme, with whatever template files came with it.
Daniel wrote:or have done a bad upgrade.
Again, unlikely. Facing same issue in fresh install.
Daniel wrote:or not configrued your mail system. step 2 noally shoots off an email at this stage.
The email system is set up and works. But I don't understand what you mean by "shoots an email at this stage". Why/what email would be sent at this stage?

Just to be clear, the issue occurs on clicking the Continue button after Billing Details on Checkout page (as opposed to the Confirm Order button at bottom of page)

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by dracoteam » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Exactly the same happens to us. It´s very difficult to understand what happens.

1.- It seems usually costumers can finish checkout process and buy without problems
2.- I don´t know how many sellings I lost every day ´cos not everyone that has problems contact to us, but 2 or 3 times a day costumers ask for help because they can´t finish checkout process
3.- If we change the password of the costumer and try to buy, we can do it without problems
4.- I don´t know with FF, but those costumers tried to buy with IE and Chrome
5.- Some of those costumers tried to buy through different pcs and tablets without success

First I thought they were doing something bad, but I know they do everything correct, ´cos many times we help them step by step by phone. They can´t buy, but if we try to finish in our pc, using their shop user, we can finish without problems

My shop is in Spanish language

I hope somebody can help me ´cos we can´t solve this after many weeks

Thanks

Post by jakuba » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:44 am

This is a serious issue but without changes.

Location - CZ-Prague

Post by sino » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 am

I had to start another cart, and direct customers to it, who are having this issue with checkout. Some customers are complaining that they cant even login with their credentials. Its not opencarts fault, its my fault, cause i probably mess something up on each upgrade. When i tried fixing it, and messed up other parts of the site. Im just starting to think, a hosted cart solution is the way to go, Im loosing more and more customers after each upgrade

Post by detoner » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm

I am having the same issue - using Firefox Opencart 1.5.3.1 on a fresh install - using Shoppica2 template and when we try it with the default template. You have to press the continue button twice at the checkout when you are a logged in user to select shipping address. No errors in the error log files.

Is there a fix for this?

Post by Daniel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:00 pm

could it be your mail settings are not setup correctly and there are error messages in the background interfering with json sending back a success url to redirect to.

major issue here is that nobody used there brains to post a link to their web site, their error log or tell me which payment gateway they selected.

instead just repeatedly post oh i have this problem.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by beipink » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 pm

OC2PS wrote: Just to be clear, the issue occurs on clicking the Continue button after Billing Details on Checkout page (as opposed to the Confirm Order button at bottom of page)
I cannot reproduce the error. OC1.5.4.1
these are the steps i do:
add 1 product to cart
go to check out

Post by beipink » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 pm

anyone who can add more information re this bug? or how to reproduce it.

Post by detoner » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:50 pm

As requested details of the problem being experienced with Opencart 1.5.3.1 using Firefox for logged in users at the checkout.

Site url: http://britishbrandsonline.com
Problem is for logged in users - so create an account
use Firefox - does not happen in internet explorer

The name and address I was using was

fred jones, New York, New York, United States

and then when you go to pay for an item the shipping address continue button does not go forward on the first attempt - you have to press it twice.

Post by newdigitalboy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:53 am

I am having the same issue. I have had customers contact me because they are not able to advance during the checkout process. As far as I can tell this is only happening for users that are logged in. I am using Version 1.5.1.3.

It appears as though this issue is related to the shipping_address_id or payment_address_id not being retrieved when a customer is logged in.

I have checked the error log and found these errors:

2012-12-12 21:50:17 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: shipping_address_id in /[website].com/shop/catalog/controller/checkout/shipping.php on line 11

2012-12-13 22:59:42 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: payment_address_id in /[website].com/shop/catalog/controller/checkout/payment.php on line 11

2012-12-13 22:59:44 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: payment_address_id in /[website].com/shop/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 11

2012-12-13 22:59:44 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: payment_address_id in /[website].com/shop/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 107

2012-12-17 18:22:11 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: shipping_address_id in /[website].com/shop/catalog/controller/checkout/shipping.php on line 11