Post by alfredooo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:58 am

Hi Everyone
and thanks to all the pros that help opencart improve
I have a problem with Checkout Confirmation in Choosing Payment Method
I already search the forum for this issue and installed a patch that shows the whole error
I used the firebug too, so I find the error
but i can't solve this, Here is the story

Code: Select all

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character
parsererror
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index:  comment in 
<b>/home/gardesho/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php</b> on line 
<b>253</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index:  payment_method in 
<b>/home/gardesho/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php</b> on line 
<b>352</b><b>Notice</b>: Error: Could not load controller payment/! in 
<b>/home/gardesho/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php</b> on line <b>49</b>

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 am

The payment module you are trying to load doesn't appear to be working correctly.

Administrator

Post by alfredooo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:03 am

on all of the payment methods, i got this error :-\

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 am

Could not load controller payment/! in

Somehow it didn't get the method from step 5 during checkout
But this doesn't happen for anyone else

Administrator

Post by alfredooo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:12 am

thanks Qphoria
so how can i find a solution

Post by alfredooo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:20 am

I reainstall opencart, and got same error again...
I think its from VQmod

Post by alfredooo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:30 am

I delete database & install a fresh copy of opencart without VQMOD and without any modules...
the error appears again in Step 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is it possible that JSON.Parse is not work in my WebHost ? ???

Post by alfredooo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:07 pm

any help?

Post by CJMartin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:04 am

I have the same problem with my checkout, i get the same error code each time i try to checkout.
I have tried reinstalling vQmod.

SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<'
parsererror
<b>Notice</b>: Error: Could not load model checkout/extension! in <b>/home/content/91/8979391/html/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php</b> on line <b>39</b>

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:44 am

CJMartin wrote:I have the same problem with my checkout, i get the same error code each time i try to checkout.
I have tried reinstalling vQmod.

SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<'
parsererror
<b>Notice</b>: Error: Could not load model checkout/extension! in <b>/home/content/91/8979391/html/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php</b> on line <b>39</b>
This isn't the same thing. You just need this:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=45863

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:47 am

alfredooo wrote:I delete database & install a fresh copy of opencart without VQMOD and without any modules...
the error appears again in Step 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is it possible that JSON.Parse is not work in my WebHost ? ???
Sounds more like something is wrong with your sessions not saving. Tho if payment_methods isn't set in the session, it shouldn't even be possible to get to the point where you are seeing the error as it should simply force you to choose payment again.

If it is happening on your site with a fresh install and nobody else is seeing it... It is likely a server issue.

Administrator

Post by tophat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:18 pm

I have had this problem with the same error message.

It was because I removed the 'fax' field from the order and the file /catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php was calling this and getting confused. Found the problem highlighted in the error.txt file... clearly outlines here why it was getting stuck on line 115.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by linhos » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 pm

OpenCart Hello forum members, I have a problem at the checkout of my OpenCart 1.5.3.1 SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character, did the firefox debug and found the following response

<b> Fatal error </ b>: Call to undefined method Cart :: getTotalRewardPoints () <b> in / home / bethapec / public_html / catalog / controller / checkout / confirm.php </ b> on line 255 <b> </ b> <br />

Someone has gone through this problem that can help me fix it, I need urgent, because the store of my client is already ready, only this error in step 5 of payment that I need to finish the project completely successful. I appreciate the cooperation of everyone. success to all!

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:14 am

linhos wrote:OpenCart Hello forum members, I have a problem at the checkout of my OpenCart 1.5.3.1 SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character, did the firefox debug and found the following response

<b> Fatal error </ b>: Call to undefined method Cart :: getTotalRewardPoints () <b> in / home / bethapec / public_html / catalog / controller / checkout / confirm.php </ b> on line 255 <b> </ b> <br />

Someone has gone through this problem that can help me fix it, I need urgent, because the store of my client is already ready, only this error in step 5 of payment that I need to finish the project completely successful. I appreciate the cooperation of everyone. success to all!
What mod are you running on that page? getTotalRewardPoints() was in 1.5.1.3 but moved in 1.5.2 and later.
So if you are running 1.5.3.1 then I assume one of your mods replaces the confirm.php file with an older one that still expects that function to be there. Get the catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php file from the 1.5.3.1 zip

Administrator

Post by aviatedman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:51 am

I'm seeing a lot of people with similar problems and a lot of the "solutions" have been pretty much questions themselves. So.....has anyone came across this specific error yet??? And if so, how did you fix it? I have vqmod installed but have not uploaded any files through it. Frankly....I don't have the SLIGHTEST clue how to use vqmod either.

I've never had to jump threw so many damn loops just to modify a theme or core files :crazy:

MY ERROR:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character
OK
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: payment_address in <b>/home/planet45/public_html/shop/catalog/controller/checkout/payment_address.php</b> on line <b>125</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: payment_address in <b>/home/planet45/public_html/shop/catalog/controller/checkout/payment_address.php</b> on line <b>171</b>[]

Post by gob33 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:11 am

I confirm the same error with 1.5.4 and 1.5.4.1 installed right out of the box.
No error with 1.5.3 series. Topic should go to the bug list.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by dtommy79 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:48 pm

I have the same issue, please any help?

EDIT!

Ok, for me this error occured when there was no default address added to the customer account. When I added the default billing address I managed to go through with the order.