Post by spikeachu » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 pm

What's the point in a 'Report Extension' feature if everything you quote is ignored and you are threatened with a ban for misusing the feature?

I quite like opencart and know that most developers are honest. However when I point out that the marketing strategy of a particular mod is somewhat contentious and misleading I receive a standard email, with no explanation.

If this is the contempt in which feedback is dealt with, I'll just not bother. It's not my reputation that's at stake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

spikeachu,

If you continue to misuse OpenCart extension reporting system you will be banned.

- The report button is NOT to be used for support problems!
- The report button is NOT to be used for requesting a refund!

The report button is used to report extensions that are:

- Fake: Advertising with no download.
- Copyrighted: Reposting of another developer's exact work.
- Corrupt: The downloaded file won't open.
- Malicious: Virus or other damaging code.
- Extension is extremely low quality or has many bugs.

Best Regards
OpenCart Team

Wedding Invitations and Stationery by Love2print

Commercial Mods
Product Colours on Category Page
Cardsave Direct Gateway
Clear Cache
Promotional Watermarks on Images
Multiple Category / Product Templates ** Popular **
Log Failed Login Attempts
Display Eligible Coupons with Products
Twitter Feeds

Have I helped you out or saved you some time? Please donate

Post by crojo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 am

Extension store spam is a concern, some people release multiple versions of the same extension to get massive exposure when they "update".

Example: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... =adkisrael

Released the same theme 114 times so you can pretty much guarantee if he does it right he can be in the first 10 extensions pretty much everyday all the time in, by "updating" at certain periods.

Post by Johnathan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:47 am

Terrible...I've reported it, so hopefully Daniel will take care of it.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by spikeachu » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:46 am

Johnathan wrote:Terrible...I've reported it, so hopefully Daniel will take care of it.
Or your legitimate reporting of the mod might receive a bog standard reply with the threat of being banned for misusing the feature. We'll wait and see. Needless to say, I won't be reporting anything else. I wasn't even given the dignity of a response when I asked if what I had written had been understood.

Wedding Invitations and Stationery by Love2print

Commercial Mods
Product Colours on Category Page
Cardsave Direct Gateway
Clear Cache
Promotional Watermarks on Images
Multiple Category / Product Templates ** Popular **
Log Failed Login Attempts
Display Eligible Coupons with Products
Twitter Feeds

Have I helped you out or saved you some time? Please donate

Post by Johnathan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Daniel never replies to reports, but I've never been censured for using it, either. Of course, I've never misused it in my opinion, either. ;)

Looks like he agreed with me, in this instance.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Yes I accidently click the mis-use button by mistake a few weeks ago for a couple of people reporting some extensions. it was an accidental click as the buttons are next to each other.

I'm sick of people using the reporting system to report they have a problem with the extension and expect me to solve it via the report section. are these people completely blind that there is a contact us for help link at the top of the site!

also sick of the little reporting flame wars going on with some developers.

adkisrael is a scammer who got banned then thought it would be a good idea to post an extension 114 times. He also started a dispute on paypal for a language pack after purchasing 10 minutes before with the only words "don't work".

i had another one from turkey who because one of the 17 extensions he bought had a small issue he could not solve decided to start a dispute on paypal for all 17 extensions posting the same error code in each dispute.

another guy from the US rather than send me an email decided to go down to the bank fill out a 20 page form 3 times for each transaction to get the bank to reverse the charges. I don't know the reason why he wanted a refund. was it broke?, was he a scammer? I was on the phone for 30 minutes shouting at him. i had seller complaining because they also wanted to know the reason.

its not just my time these people are wasting, its the whole community because it means i have to stop working on adding new features to opencart and deal with these problems.

I have hired 2 developers who are dealing with over 170 emails a day trying help people with there problems but there are still people who prefer not to use their brain and think opening a dispute will get them an no.1 priority.

I'm the only one who have access to the opencart paypal account. so when people ask for support or a refund via paypal it is taking time away from development.

Its not just about having to deal with a large amount of support it's also about common courtesy. How would you feel if someone phones his / her credit card company and asks them to reverse the charges after they bought something from you without even emailing to ask for support or explain the reason they want a refund. I’m not an unreasonable person. I have provided a script for free that would take a company more than a year to develop. I have also hired people to provide free support and installation.

Anyway i have updated the extension page to reflect my feelings by adding a support link which gives detailed instructions for users who wish to request support.

Here it is:

Requesting Support & Refunds

At OpenCart we offer free support to get your OpenCart installation and any extensions downloaded from OpenCart up and running.
You should first always try searching the OpenCart forum using the extension name to see if there is a thread created for support problems. This is very important as it can free up the developers time to deal with people who require support the most.

Requesting Support

If you require support please use the following steps:
Search the OpenCart forum using the extension name.
Contact the developer of the extension. Normally a contact email address is included in the install instructions.
If the developer has not got back to you in reasonable time please try the contact us link at the top right of OpenCart web site to get support from the OpenCart team.
Please note that you might have to wait 2 days for reply after a weekend or a public holiday due to the large number of support emails we answer.

It is very important you include as much information as possible about your problem. The type of information we require web site URL, Order ID (if applicable) and any error messages.
After we receive your initial contact mail we may ask your for additional information such as Admin, FTP and cPanel information so we can fix your problem. Any login information will be deleted after your problem is fixed.
Requesting Refunds

To request a refund please use the following steps:
Click the contact us link at the top right of OpenCart web site and select support.
Choose the support option.
In the enquiry field please state why you require a refund, your order ID and username.

PayPal Dispute = Instant Ban

Unfortunately a small number of people prefer to ask for support or a refund via the paypal dispute system.
PayPal’s dispute system is very slow and only a limited number of OpenCart staff have access to it. This means we can not give support via the dispute system and takes time away from developing new OpenCart features and providing support to others.

Being Reviewed

OpenCart tries to protect itself from fraudulent credit card transactions by paying for anti fraud services offered by some companies.

We try to review orders as quickly as possible. The review time can vary from a few minutes to a few hours depending on the time. Orders are reviewed 7 days a week, public holidays and at night time so you can download your code as quickly as possible.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by alexmbra » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Perhaps Daniel, you should start to make like prestashop. They make you wait for 7 days until your module goes online. On this time, they have people testing the module. This way, if the module work, there is no reason for someone to ask for a refund saying that it doesn't work, because they know that it works.

Flash Ctt Tracking V2
Animated Flash Header Banner V3
Animated Flash Banner V2
Rastreamento de envios pelo CTT correios
Flash Expandable Category Side Menu module
Flash Category Side Menu Module
Flash Cart Steps Module
Animated Flash Banner Module
Animated Flash HEADER Banner Module

Post by Daniel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 pm

people ask for refunds even if they work.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Nice job on the "Request Supoort" link, Daniel -- hope it helps reduce the amount of crap from people you have to deal with.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:17 pm

going to update it with a form at some point.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by qahar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:30 am

Daniel wrote:going to update it with a form at some point.
That is a great idea, no need to make it complex. Just send the form to developer mail is enough.
Thank you for provide it :)

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:15 am

crojo wrote:Released the same theme 114 times so you can pretty much guarantee if he does it right he can be in the first 10 extensions pretty much everyday all the time in, by "updating" at certain periods.
It's for this reason I think that the extension store should just do away with the recently added as the default store view, and instead just have X amount of random products on the initial page with at least a 4 star rating (or none). That way, people aren't going to go updating their extensions every day, without actually updating anything. Would really like to see this feature introduced. Either that, or a most popular extensions showing by purchases for the last X days, though that may be a bit unfair to the newer developers

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Avvici » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am

The SORT of what should go on the home page should mimic sites like flash den: http://activeden.net/

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 am

Well ideally I'd like to see it look more like an app store kinda style...but I was thinking start small ;)

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:54 am

just add facebook like and google+ to the extension store. it actually works quite well. google+ gives you likes to pages people have just liked.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by settysantu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:12 am

Daniel wrote:just add facebook like and google+ to the extension store. it actually works quite well. google+ gives you likes to pages people have just liked.
Thanks Daniel, working pretty well. If possible can you please add pinterest button too.

Location - Hyderabad, India

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 am

It's good, though I have noticed with the addition that it adds this to the end of the URL's now in your browser

Code: Select all

#.USbUilqAtXc

Guru Member

Post by rph » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:23 pm

I wouldn't mind a few enhancements to the store if you're open to ideas.

The ability to sort downloads would be useful. A lot of users expect the most recent OpenCart version on top of the list which doesn't always happen.

Also, how about adding a FAQ tab? I notice I'm answering a lot of the same questions over and over again even when they answers are already in the description or comments. I think putting them in an area where they're not buried in a bunch of other info might be helpful.

Some simple description formatting like bold, italic, and lists would also go a long way to making information clean and presentable to potential customers (perhaps using something like BBcode or similar alternative).

Last, dedicated links for any storefront and admin demo sites. Again, this is info a lot of people tend to miss in descriptions, especially since there's no automatic hyperlink creation.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by settysantu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 pm

BB Codes are enable so we can create hyperlinks now. I think it would be good if we display no.of sales too on extension page.

Location - Hyderabad, India