Post by MarketInSG » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Well, like what many says, when there's no competition, there's no improvements. So I have made one checkout extension that can be compared to the One Page Checkout.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=7382
Quick checkout enhances your customers’ checkout experiences. It removes unnecessary fields to allow quicker checkout and have the checkout in one single page, instead of the default multiple steps. Best of all, no default files are replaced!

Features:

• Removes unnecessary fields
• Compatible with all payment methods
• Compatible with all shipping methods
• Easy to use one page checkout
• Efficient checkout with lesser fields
• Improved usability, better error handling than One Page Checkout
Many would ask why I made this when there's already one? Here's my reply to it: I had a client that asked me to purchase One Page Checkout for him awhile ago. Well, he complained of the many errors that kept appearing in the error logs. So I decided, it's time to improve the standard of the extensions out there 8) It may look alike to One Page Checkout, but it has improved error handling, reduced ajax callbacks, and what most will love, removed unnecessary fields like company ID etc ;D

Code written from scratch (other than some parts of it which uses the default checkout files). Currently it doesn't support shoppica theme since I don't have that theme on hand, and I don't like that nasty theme ;D

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by bingo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Had reported this extension last time.Then it is disable a while.
Now he redeveloped the codes and resell again.
He bought the extension from us and learn and redeveloped.
The structure/framework is based on mine.

I had contact OpenCart to remove this extension.

Everyone should NOT buy this extension.

bingo

One Page Checkout Professional - More flexible and powerful one page checkout solution.
One Page Checkout Standard - Best one page checkout solution,separate module,no core files replace.
Product Import Export - Bulk insert update download product excel format.
Order Manager - help you manage orders more effectively.

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Nope, it wasn't disabled at all. I unpublished it as it was full of bugs for our first version.

I was waiting for you to get here anyway. Let's get things clear, codes are all built from scratch by us. There isn't any framework. Purely ajax. Did you patent your so called 'framework'? Doubt so as I think there's none anyway. You can request OpenCart to compare our extensions. They are so different. ::) your so called 'framework' should be different too.

I purchased your mod for work on one of my client. Nothing to do with the extension I just released. You can check the date of purchase which is like half a year ago? If I wanted to purchase to refer to your codes, my pocket must had been very loaded, and I won't be doing it now :laugh:

Enough of explanation from me. It's now for OpenCart to decide. This was fully built from us. If you accuse this as stolen, then many similar mods in the market should be remove :) There's hundreds of facebook like box module out there, should we remove ALL and only leave ONE? It's OpenCart to decide.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by bingo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:15 pm

chaning onecheckout to quickcheckout,rename ajax function name to another,the structure of checkout.tpl is almost the same...

Bought my extension on 2012-5-30,and he said half years ago.Screenshot as below:
order_history.jpg

order_history.jpg (34.33 KiB) Viewed 6555 times

Now I understand why you disable for a while after I report,because the code and structure is almost the same as mine.
So you disable and redevelope it again,making more different!

The question is NOT there are many similar extension.
The question is you bought the extension from us and learn from it and redeveloped the extenion and resell it as yours.
It is STEALING,stealing the idea,stealing the codes.

NO honor at all.

Everyone see this topic should report this extension.
Basic respect to OpenCart and the developer.

bingo

One Page Checkout Professional - More flexible and powerful one page checkout solution.
One Page Checkout Standard - Best one page checkout solution,separate module,no core files replace.

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:28 pm

For those mods in this forum who wish to compare the two extension, feel free to drop me an email.

Say for all you like as my conscience is clear. Codes are new, totally different with BETTER error handling, better ajax callback etc. Lesser error in error logs etc. Well, there's nothing to learn here. Want to learn? :) Go to www.google.com and learn all you can :D

If you are looking at checkout.tpl of our file, we followed the default checkout.tpl file. Are you gonna say OpenCart stole your idea? :laugh:

As mentioned above, we did purchase it for our client. 2 months ago, not bad not bad. I thought it was on March when I was building his site.

It's time you wake up to your senses and improve your extension. It's competition of skills, not words. If you had written your extension better and my client didn't complained to me to ask me to fix, I wouldn't had thought of making one. Time to give up controlling the market here. It's competition time. Improve, or begone.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by bingo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Funny.
Let's our customers decide and OpenCart decides.

FAULTY COPY extension will not live for long.
Beware!

Funny funny,no one is controlling the market here,I was not the first developer to develope the one page checkout first,yet not the last one.
deeman and Q released another two quick checkout solutions after I did,and they develope theyself.
Not like you.
Competition?
I dare you can say?

bingo

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Funny? 'haha'. You got your laughter :)

Faulty? Nope, it's GREAT and NEW and BETTER :)

Me? I created mine base on the default OC checkout system :) the codes shows it all. Waiting for Q to say something about my codes and yours.

Competition? It sure is one. Else why would you be so bothered about me creating a similar one? Is yours having too much bugs? Anyone can see your source codes too by just using a browser. Well, and I would be disgusted to copy it.

If you claim the so called 'framework', which I obviously don't see any, to be yours, did you forget to patent it? :laugh:

In another one to two years, there will be more of this extension by other users too that look similar. Well, looks the same, but you can never judge a book by its cover.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by TomC » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:00 am

Why does this remind me of the scene in "The Social Network" where Mark Zuckerberg proclaims from across the deposition table . . .
MARK
Do you see any of your code on Facebook?
Did I use any of your code?

DIVYA
You stole our whole goddam idea!

SY
Fellas.

MARK
Match-dot-com for Harvard guys?

You know you really don’t need a forensic
team to get to the bottom of this. If you
guys were the inventors of Facebook, you’d
have invented Facebook.
http://www.hark.com/clips/ylflspstjp-do ... n-facebook

;)

Personally, I think there is PLENTY of room for competition amongst similar ideas/concepts . . . such can only serve to benefit the OpenCart Community via the effort to create/develop continuingly better/improving products and options toward further improving the dynamic/robust range of/for OpenCart based stores/sites.

8)

Location - California (USA)

Post by Basikboy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:46 am

I agree with Tom. I will also say all our dealings with MarketInSG have been great and they have always gone above and beyond for us. We have had many conversations and even suggestions from them and the reason we go back to them is because of their prompt work and honesty with us. I find it very hard to believe they would rip someone off like this.

Post by MarketInSG » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:33 am

TomC wrote:Why does this remind me of the scene in "The Social Network" where Mark Zuckerberg proclaims from across the deposition table . . .
MARK
Do you see any of your code on Facebook?
Did I use any of your code?

DIVYA
You stole our whole goddam idea!

SY
Fellas.

MARK
Match-dot-com for Harvard guys?

You know you really don’t need a forensic
team to get to the bottom of this. If you
guys were the inventors of Facebook, you’d
have invented Facebook.
http://www.hark.com/clips/ylflspstjp-do ... n-facebook

;)

Personally, I think there is PLENTY of room for competition amongst similar ideas/concepts . . . such can only serve to benefit the OpenCart Community via the effort to create/develop continuingly better/improving products and options toward further improving the dynamic/robust range of/for OpenCart based stores/sites.

8)
I believe Q will have something to say about this. He compared it and the file structures are different, and the codes that are similar is definitely less than 1%. Or would I even say not even 0.5%? Of 2000 lines per file, dozens of files, only 1 file out of the dozens, with only a few lines being similar? Not even close to the percentage to claim me as of 'no honour', a 'copycat', and of all nonsensical words that can come.

Well, it's Q to judge and leave his views here.
If you guys were the inventors of Facebook, you’d have invented Facebook.
Interesting :D

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by bingo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:21 pm

MarketInSG,you may did a lot changes in v2.0.
You know and I know,v1.0 was totally a copy of mine.
Redeveloped the code or changing or improve,does NOT make it yours.

I guess you don't understand.

PS.if you think your improve(reduce ajax callback,better error handling),that is none sense.
And you so called support all shipping module and support all payment module,that is not ture.

Go home and think about it.

bingo

Post by MarketInSG » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Tell me more about the 'support all shipping and payment'. :) Improvements are definitely welcome :)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by TomC » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 am

bingo:

You're not helping yourself here . . . . in fact, the more you whine and rant and cast stones, the more you're damaging your own public perception and reputation.

Best to just move on from here and continue to work on/develop great new mods and extensions for OpenCart.
There are LOTS of ideas within the "Feature Request" and "Concepts" section you can take on.

TIME TO MOVE ON

8)

Location - California (USA)

Post by MarketInSG » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:45 am

I would like to hear some feedbacks from him :) it's interesting when he says that the mod can't support all payment and shipping. Because my shipping methods and payment methods run on default OpenCart files. If default OpenCart supports it, my mod will support it :)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 pm

@bingo

There's a new one page checkout again. Looks similar to yours too :D but codes don't look similar.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by clinton4 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:03 am

MarketInSG wrote:...Currently it doesn't support shoppica theme since I don't have that theme on hand, and I don't like that nasty theme ;D
Does this now support Shoppica?
You know Shoppica is the most sold OC theme out there?

Spam blocking PHP script, use it!

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Well Shoppica isn't the most sold theme, but Journal 2 seems to be the one. Shoppica theme will still need minor adjustments for our checkout to fit in nicely, but you can contact us through our help desk after purchase for assistance.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore