Post by rumen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem as Freejoy.
I've installed the modules and vqmod xml, manually edited mentioned in the install instructions .tpl files.
Next I've tried to login to the admin pannel I get the following error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ocart\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-admin_model_sale_customer.php on line 222

The version of OpenCart is 1.5.3.1 with added Bulgarian language.

Please advise.

Post by rumen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 pm

I forget to say, that I'm using version 2.01 of the extension.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ocart\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-admin_model_sale_customer.php on line 222
This error is due to a conflict with another contribution affecting the same file with offsets vs non-offsets with VQMod. Combining both statements into one of the XML file should resolve the issue in your case.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 pm

In my case, there are no other contributions that may affect the mentioned file. There is no other extentions, themes, modules or anything else installed. The only addon to the clean instalation of OpenCart v1.5.3.1 is aforementioned bulgarian language pack, which do not overwrites nothing, except \admin\view\template\common\header.tpl, and do not use vqmod.

If I understand you correctly, you presume that, there is something else that uses vqmod or similar technique that tries to alter the affected file in conjuction with countries_zones_multilang.xml, but I think that this is not the case.

Can you please investigate more further and suggest another solution or tell me where am I go wrong in my understanding of situation. Do you think that aforementioned language pack could cause that problem? If so, please tell me how could this happen.

It's important for me to get this extention work with my website.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 pm

The XML file only contains the English folder. So far, it would be the only difference on knowing why you'd be having this error. Although, it doesn't explain why exactly the admin/model/sale/customer.php file would be affected as I'm also using v1.5.3.1. Could you tell me exactly where and how in the admin you were able to see this error ? I will try to reproduce it.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:50 am

As you can see from the error message provided in my previous posts we are talking about local installation using XAMPP. I'll try to reproduce exact steps that I took from installation to the moment when the error appears.
1. Install OC 1.5.3.1
2. install VQMOD
3. Install bulgarian language pack fro this link:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=27
4. Log in to admin pannel
5. Successfuly added a language from System>Localisations
6. Everything works fine so far - frontend and backend side
4. Install Countries & Zones Multi-Language v2.01
5. Manualy alter mentioned .tpl files
6. Logout from the admin pannel because I'm still logged in
7. Try to log in again
8. Login page appears normally
9. Enter my credentials and hit login
10. Next screen is the one with the error

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:38 am

10. Next screen is the one with the error
What is this next screen (route name) ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 am

Confirmed bug. I have now updated my package. Thanks for letting me know. In your case, simply redo step 4 from the readme file and it should be stable now.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Thank you for the quick, and more importantly effective response. The updated version of the .xml file solved the unable-to-login problem, but now I have another issue. After successfuly migrate both contries and zones now all the countries and zones are listed twice in the two accompaning modules where actual edit of names take place. I have two languages installed and I can guess, that the modules just list one entry for every language. Anyway, this is just a wild guess. I watched the video provided by you on how exactly the modules should work and there (also with two active languages) every country and zone was listed just once (I speak only for the admin pannel, not the catalog).

So why is that happen and can you suggest solution. It's really confusing which entry do I have to edit since the both iterations of every name are the same.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:03 pm

I can guess, that the modules just list one entry for every language
That is correct. The import tool only uses the current store language as default in order to store languages into the countries and zones table.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:25 pm

That's not exactly answers my question, but never mind, I can live with the duplicate entries. It's just seems to me that this is not the proper behavior and may cause a potential future problem if I edit the wrong entry.

The bigger problem that I have now is that both guest-checkout (http://localhost/ocart/index.php?route= ... t/checkout) and register-account (http://localhost/ocart/index.php?route=account/register) do not show correctly zone names in the zone selection dropdown menus according to the selected language in the frontend.

I browsed the zone-description and country-description tables via phpmyadmin and everything looks fine for me with the entries that I edited earlier using the modules.

Please advise.

Post by rumen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Just to make myself clear, what I mean, when I spoke about duplicate entries (please, see attached pictures).
Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg (100.61 KiB) Viewed 6354 times

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg (86.45 KiB) Viewed 6354 times

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:48 am

That's not exactly answers my question, but never mind, I can live with the duplicate entries. It's just seems to me that this is not the proper behavior and may cause a potential future problem if I edit the wrong entry.
????? Ok, please elaborate that statement. I don't understand clue what you meant there.
Please advise.
Advise what ? All I see from those two screenshots you provided are the main list of the Countries and the Zones.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:17 am

OK dude, I already lost two days in attempts to get your module works as it pretends to work. I tried everything to get it work for me before even think to write in the support forum. So I already have a Iist of questions concerning problems that I have. I tried to post problems one by one, because I think that flooding you with questions will lead to nowhere.

The first problem was the one with the error at the login. You're solved it. Thanks.

The second one was for the duplicated list entries and since the provided answer concerns actually the way that the module fills the tables initially (at least the way that i understand it) and not why the duplicated entries appears at the admin panel I posted the shots to make myself more precise and said
That's not exactly answers my question, but never mind, I can live with the duplicate entries.
when I received your answer.

Is the lists on the shots posted by me looks normal to you? Is it every name has to appear twice? If so I apologize for the stupid question and your previous answer explains the situation perfectly.

The third one concerns the way module works in the frontend portion of OpenCart. I think that the select zone and contry dropdown lists did not show correct names according to the language that was selected in the frontend. Here goes the "Please advise" part.
Please advise.
I meant - please advise what to do to solve the problem.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:32 am

The third one concerns the way module works in the frontend portion of OpenCart. I think that the select zone and contry dropdown lists did not show correct names according to the language that was selected in the frontend. Here goes the "Please advise" part.
Any URL and route name so for me to see the issue you're reporting ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:49 am

The bigger problem that I have now is that both guest-checkout
(http://localhost/ocart/index.php?route= ... t/checkout) and register-account (http://localhost/ocart/index.php?route=account/register) do not show correctly zone names in the zone selection dropdown menus according to the selected language in the frontend.
http://localhost/ocart/index.php?route= ... t/checkout
http://localhost/ocart/index.php?route=account/register

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:01 am

And how does a localhost link help me in order to resolve the issues you claim to encounter with this contribution ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:06 am

It's a local instalation. My tests (and not only mine) mainly run on a localhost instalations.What kind of links do you expect me to send you?

From the provided links you can see the route. Do you really need a publicly accessable version to investigate further or I don't understand something?

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:27 am

From the provided links you can see the route. Do you really need a publicly accessable version to investigate further or I don't understand something?
No, you understood clearly. I really need a publicly accessible version to investigate further.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON