Post by manikanta4 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Hello Folks,

Please help me!! i'm unable to see different mode of payment for user to pay us..can any please me...

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:38 am

In admin, navigate to extension > payment , click install on paypal standard. after it was installed, click edit, complete the form with the necessary data, set the status to enabled and save.

Expert Member

Post by iMpr324 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:49 pm

How do the practicalities go when you have enabled Paypal in OpenCart, is there any account creation required on Paypal side or is the email given on OpenCart side enough for that?

Post by Digmen1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:26 pm

And when you have set up Paypal, go into the opencart options for it and make sure all the other defaults are not set to "Cancelled"

I lost a sale until I found that out.

Post by iMpr324 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Right, that was one of the tricks there.
Found the instructions for my question, somehow missed it on the first round of reading it through:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... 8_32_35_60

Post by TheoLogosPub » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:21 am

iMpr324 wrote:Right, that was one of the tricks there.
Found the instructions for my question, somehow missed it on the first round of reading it through:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... 8_32_35_60
I followed the instructions TO THE LETTER but it does not work for me - I get the missing order problem from my own live test.

The only difference between my case and the example in the instruction is my OC shop is installed in a sub-folder while the example is in root of the public_html folder. So on my PayPal side I entered this for PayPal IPN:

http://theologos.net/store/

Note that there is a trailing slash there - not sure if I should use it or not, but I assume I should use it.

Don't know why I have missing order for my own test.

Aubrey at
TheoLogos Publications 神道出版社

Post by TheoLogosPub » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:14 am

OK, JP of the Advanced Multi Level Affiliate System helped me to pinpoint one major issue that all PayPal instructions seem to miss: the Paypal email entered should be the PRIMARY email, not any other emails you may have registered with PayPal.

I made the change, cleared all Cache for the store and tested again. Still have some problem - the live test order is marked "Cancelled" - don't know why.

Anyone had this issue before?

Aubrey at

Post by TheoLogosPub » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:36 pm

OK, it is working now, but only customers who enter their firstname and lastname in English. Apparently the non-English firstname and lastname entered caused some problem from PayPal IPN to OC which make the test orders being marked as "Cancelled"

I will do one more try with IPN setting removed on the PayPal side.

Any one else had this issue before?

Aubrey at

Post by TheoLogosPub » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:58 pm

i am so glad that I got the issue resolved! So I am posting here what I did...

Initially I thought it was the Theme problem, so I tried changing to the default theme that comes with OC, cleared the cache both on the OC side and on my browser. Did a live test, still the same problem.

What worked when after I did the following two changes - don't know which made it work:

(1) At the "Local" section of the Setting, I changed language from English to Chinese - maybe this is the trick

(2) For the "Order Status" (Set the default order status when an order is processed) under Checkout of the Option area, I changed it from "Pending" to "Complete"

Anyway, the store now has passed the test for both Chinese and English customers. In fact, I had always had problems with customers from China - they paid but OC does not registered the payment. So I had to rebuilt my OC using the latest version (1.5.3.1) but I still had the problems for a few weeks. But now the problem has been solved!

Hope what I shared help those who have similar problems when you always have the missing customers problem with certain group of customers.

Great!

Aubrey at