Post by LEDtopia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:43 pm

I have 1.5.2.1 and it seems to working well with a few test orders I have played with, Needs a tracker in it though for the customers

I spoke to AustPost about the Ebay boxes and satchels. They are valid for everyone. Not just Ebay sellers apparently.
Also they include tracking if you do this via Click and Send
oh and sometime soon there is going to be a new satchel out called Parcel post plus, this includes tracking (no sig) on all parcels.

Pricing and sizes(in mm) as follows:

Small box ( Bx1) 220W x 160D x 77H :$6.50
product code for Click and Send: 00069

Medium Box (Bx2) 310W x 220D x 102H : $10.50
product code: 00076

Large Box (Bx4) 430w x 305D x 140H : $13.25
product code: 00090

Valid for anything up to 15kg (provided you can fit it in one of the above boxes)

500g satchels : $5.50
3kg satchels : $9.35
Signature on del = an extra $1

Links are here http://auspost.ebay.com.au/flat-rate-satchel#pricing
and http://auspost.ebay.com.au/flat-rate-box

HTH

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:56 pm

LEDtopia wrote:I have 1.5.2.1 and it seems to working well with a few test orders I have played with, Needs a tracker in it though for the customers

I spoke to AustPost about the Ebay boxes and satchels. They are valid for everyone. Not just Ebay sellers apparently.
Also they include tracking if you do this via Click and Send
oh and sometime soon there is going to be a new satchel out called Parcel post plus, this includes tracking (no sig) on all parcels.

Pricing and sizes(in mm) as follows:

Small box ( Bx1) 220W x 160D x 77H :$6.50
product code for Click and Send: 00069

Medium Box (Bx2) 310W x 220D x 102H : $10.50
product code: 00076

Large Box (Bx4) 430w x 305D x 140H : $13.25
product code: 00090

Valid for anything up to 15kg (provided you can fit it in one of the above boxes)

500g satchels : $5.50
3kg satchels : $9.35
Signature on del = an extra $1

Links are here http://auspost.ebay.com.au/flat-rate-satchel#pricing
and http://auspost.ebay.com.au/flat-rate-box

HTH
Thanks for the details.

The tracker is really outside the scope of the shipping module because there is no mechanism provided in the API to associate a tracking number to the order (for shipping module) that I am aware of. I have seen modifications to OpenCart itself to provide this, but from the shipping side I haven't looked into it too deeply.

As for boxes, dimension calculation is easy if you are sending a single item, but comes infinitely more difficult if sending multiple items. Cubed shipping estimate is how this module manages to calculate multiple items, but packing it into a fixed size box becomes difficult. I haven't yet seen an elegant way of doing this. Once method I have considered is continuing to use the cubed shipping estimate then confirming that no item lengths are longer than the constraints of the box.. this however doesn't guarantee that multiple items will fit in the box, just that the single items being placed in the box won't exceed the dimensions.

I unfortunately haven't got access to click 'n' send, but it seems more and more people are using it. I may investigate this in the future, I am unsure if its API differs from the main postage calculation API, but I can talk to Auspost about that if required.

It's funny how a simple module grows over time :D

Post by LEDtopia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:00 pm

I think the API is the same from what I gather

http://auspost.com.au/devcentre/assets/ ... onv234.pdf

This document has a lot of sample codes for the API's including tracking

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:04 pm

LEDtopia wrote:I think the API is the same from what I gather

http://auspost.com.au/devcentre/assets/ ... onv234.pdf

This document has a lot of sample codes for the API's including tracking
The problem in tracking is with the OpenCart API. If I get a tracking number returned back from Australia Post I don't believe there is a mechanism where the shipping module can put that information anywhere in the order (if there is it would be no drama adding it). The module would have to email the tracking details back to the store owner to manually add it to the order comments, or email directly to the customer (but shop would need a record too).

I will need to look at the OpenCart API again and see if this facility has been added. I don't really want to extend this code past the shipping module API because it will lead to compatibility issues across versions (changing code etc.)

I will have a read through the Australia Post docco, it looks like the new API that they are phasing in.

Post by LEDtopia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Yes that document is for the new API, so hopefully it should benefit you in some form. The old API should be dead by the end of the month from what I was told.

I understand about the shipping module just being a shipping module and just trying to keep it simple. I do also agree.

I think you might be right with the tracking number and have to manually assign it to the order in some way or form. Especially since there is so many different postage options with AustPost .
Most of their tracking numbers wouldn't be automatically assigned unless booked online through Click and Send or eParcel (2 different AustPost systems) and a mailing label printed out.
eg buying a satchel with the tracking number sticker on it- this would have to be manually added into the order

Post by philbydevil » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:42 am

All of my tracking numbers are always manually assigned - registered post and express post - so I use this module to add tracking details to the Order Update email that gets sent to the customer when their items are posted:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4433

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by Ozfarmer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:22 am

Is anyone else getting these errors?

012-04-04 13:05:55 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: iso_code_2 in /home/public_html/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 75
2012-04-04 13:05:55 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: iso_code_2 in /home/public_html/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 195
2012-04-04 13:05:55 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: iso_code_2 in /home/public_html/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 221

Its not affecting the mod its excellent and yes my iso 2 is AU.

Location - Australia

Post by philbydevil » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 pm

No errors here.

But I do get some random, repetitive errors (undefined index) showing in my log sometimes (not related to this mod) that I can't reproduce myself (the errors just show up every once and a while from random browsing of my site). So I think that sometimes the model/controller hasn't loaded correctly/completely, but not always, and that's why I get the errors (just guessing though).

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by Ozfarmer » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:16 am

Yes it does seem random.

Location - Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Ozfarmer wrote:Is anyone else getting these errors?

012-04-04 13:05:55 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: iso_code_2 in /home/public_html/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 75
2012-04-04 13:05:55 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: iso_code_2 in /home/public_html/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 195
2012-04-04 13:05:55 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: iso_code_2 in /home/public_html/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php on line 221

Its not affecting the mod its excellent and yes my iso 2 is AU.
This is strange, but I can honestly say I have never seen it before, thanks for posting it though.

It may be a race condition of some variety.. do you get any similar warning for other modules? or is Auspost just lucky? :D

I will step through the code next time I have it open and see if I can come up with any ideas!.

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:03 pm

I have confirmed that satchel prices have increased as of April 2012, I will be releasing an update for this in the near future.

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 pm

New module version has been released 1511u4 and is available from the extension page:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=1011

This should be compatible with 1.5.1.1 -> 1.5.2.1, if you have any issues please let me know.

This update is primarily to bring in the new satchel pricing introduced by Australia Post April 2012. There have also been changes to the 'standard' prepaid satchels, which are now also available in 5kg (Australia Post now call them Parcel Post Plus).

I have also added support for two types of eBay standard post prepaid satchel (500g and 3kg). eBay satchels are a discreet configuration item in the module admin configuration page so can be enabled/disabled independently of other satchels.

The pricing schedule for all the satchel price updates came from the PDF's linked to from the following page:
http://auspost.com.au/about-us/price-changes.html

For older versions of the module (1.4.9.x and 1.5.0.x) it is unlikely I will release an updated module for pricing unless there is a number of specific requests for it to be updated. If you would like to update the satchel pricing of these modules (will not add eBay satchel support but will add the 5kg standard prepaid option), modify the following satchel pricing array (after taking a backup!) found in

opencart/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php

Change the following from:

Code: Select all

//Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) - Updated July 2011
                $satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 6.60, 1 => 11.20, 2 => 0),
                                 "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.20, 1 => 12.55, 2 => 20.85),
                                 "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.40, 1 => 17.70, 2 => 0));
To:

Code: Select all

//Define the different satchel sizes / prices (0 represents unavailable) - Updated April 2012
                $satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 7.20, 1 => 11.40, 2 => 14.50),
                                 "satchexp" => array(0 => 9.55, 1 => 13.05, 2 => 21.65),
                                 "satchpla" => array(0 => 13.90, 1 => 18.35, 2 => 0));

Post by rev0luci0n » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi,

Firstly thanks for this free module!

I host an online store for a client who want to send really small items via this module, things that will fit into envelopes etc and cost no more than $2 to send.

Can this be incorporated somehow with this module? Or are you aware of something else I can enable alongside this that will detect the weight and show the correct option?

Cheers!

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm

rev0luci0n wrote:Hi,

Firstly thanks for this free module!

I host an online store for a client who want to send really small items via this module, things that will fit into envelopes etc and cost no more than $2 to send.

Can this be incorporated somehow with this module? Or are you aware of something else I can enable alongside this that will detect the weight and show the correct option?

Cheers!
I would probably use one of the fixed price shipping modules to be honest, as the cost of postage is going to vary so little for parcels that size anyway.

There should be a fixed post module included with the default OpenCart install.

Alternatively, you could modify the satchel code slightly and make a envelope satchel that is for <200g for eg.

Post by rev0luci0n » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:58 am

Any chance you could provide an example of how to add a <200g satchel size?

I simply tried changing the array for regular postage but I still get $6.60 as the returned price, I want to set a value of $2 or so.

$satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 2.00, 1 => 11.40, 2 => 14.50),
"satcheby" => array(0 => 2.00, 1=> 10.55, 2=> 0),

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 pm

rev0luci0n wrote:Any chance you could provide an example of how to add a <200g satchel size?

I simply tried changing the array for regular postage but I still get $6.60 as the returned price, I want to set a value of $2 or so.

$satchel = array("satchreg" => array(0 => 2.00, 1 => 11.40, 2 => 14.50),
"satcheby" => array(0 => 2.00, 1=> 10.55, 2=> 0),

Regular post isn't calculated using the array, that array is for regular satchels. The 6.60 is being returned from the Australia Post gateway.

To use that array you need to enable regular post satchels in the admin page, then anything under 500g will be charged at $2.00.

In the same function that gets the satchel price there is code that figures out which value in the array to use based off the weight of the cart, you could modify this logic to have a < 200g option.

First step, confirm that your changes above to satchel regular and satchel ebay (I would only modify one of them) is showing up correctly at checkout, to do this enable the satchels in the admin panel.

Post by rev0luci0n » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks that's exactly what I needed all working wonderfully now!

Post by PGS » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Checking cost of NZ posting, the post quote for a 290g item to NZ returns:

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.
Australia Post
The service Sea Mail for NEW ZEALAND does not accept parcels over 20kg.

I tried this with several NZ desitinations to the same result.
This is a fresh (full) reinstall of everything today.

AU destinations are fine.

OC version 1.5.2.1

PGS

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:56 pm

PGS wrote:Checking cost of NZ posting, the post quote for a 290g item to NZ returns:

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.
Australia Post
The service Sea Mail for NEW ZEALAND does not accept parcels over 20kg.

I tried this with several NZ desitinations to the same result.
This is a fresh (full) reinstall of everything today.

AU destinations are fine.

OC version 1.5.2.1
Does it show the shipping estimate as well? or just the error?

To troubleshoot, in the file

/catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php

Look for the function getAuspostQuote

Find the line that starts with $request_url =

After that line add

error_log($request_url);

Then confirm that the request URL being passed to the Australia Post calculator has the correct weight (ie. 290g) by looking in your PHP error log. Also try pasting the request URL into a browser window and confirm that you get the same error.

If you have multiple shipping methods enabled, there will be multiple lines in your error log. For testing, narrow it down to just enabling sea based options.

Post by PGS » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Just the error. That was the message in full.

As the coding isn't line by line, but all jumbled together, I have no idea where this line should go.

I have found a "$request_url =" & a "$request_url .=" phrase - nothing that suggest the end of that line of code.

I removed the 'sea freight' option which removed the error.

PGS