Post by pbul2004 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi,

I am wondering how or if its possible to have OpenCart as the root / main page of the site. Then also themed the same as Wordpress?

As a client wants to use OpenCart for his shop which he wants as the main page, but he also wants a forum and a blog on there as well.

I was going to use Wordpress to achieve this, so wondering if anyone has done this successfully and how i might go about using the two solutions together, but making it look seamless.

Cheers
Paul
Last edited by i2Paq on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

Post by SapporoGuy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:08 am

For the theme, you will have to edit opencart to match it manually. There is no point and click that I know at the moment.
As for the rest, you might want to check at wordpress for a module.
If not, you will have to consider the problems of having multiple logins or not.

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by rsbenedict » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:44 am

I've done this (http://teachforjune.com). I have two separate installs: wordpress and opencart. And I just added the relevant parts of my wp header and footer (html and applicable scripts only) to the header.tpl and footer.tpl of opencart. I then took the applicable css from my wp install and appended it to the bottom of the opencart css. I had to make a few tweaks here and there to the css because of different css defaults on each css, but it was relatively easy and painless.

I've also done something similar with other scripts like whmcs.

Post by karan2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello Group ,

just completed a blog post on integrating wordpress and bbpress with opencart

http://wp.me/pORG4-1T

Enjoy the post :)

Thanks and regards ,

Karan Ahuja
www.kodeplay.com/opencart
www.kodemall.com

Post by kookalab » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:55 pm

karan2 wrote:Hello Group ,

just completed a blog post on integrating wordpress and bbpress with opencart

http://wp.me/pORG4-1T

Enjoy the post :)

Thanks and regards ,

Karan Ahuja
http://www.kodeplay.com/opencart
http://www.kodemall.com
That post doesn't talk about opencart at all you twat

Post by finestdesign » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:21 am

pbul2004 wrote:Hi,

I am wondering how or if its possible to have OpenCart as the root / main page of the site. Then also themed the same as Wordpress?

As a client wants to use OpenCart for his shop which he wants as the main page, but he also wants a forum and a blog on there as well.

I was going to use Wordpress to achieve this, so wondering if anyone has done this successfully and how i might go about using the two solutions together, but making it look seamless.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul,

As already suggested you would need to create a new template for both OpenCart and Wordpress. If you would like "recent blog posts" on the storefront page, or something alike, then you will need knowledge in PHP. You will also need some degree of knowledge in PHP to create the custom templates, but not an awful lot. Both OpenCart and Wordpress are very easy to edit, so it really isn't too difficult. I am working on something similar myself at the moment so if you'd like a hand feel free to drop me a PM.

Craig

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Slightly off topic but do you really need a full cms?
Couldn't you just do with news or news acting like a blog?

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by T3Kaos » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:27 am

rsbenedict wrote:I've done this (http://teachforjune.com). I have two separate installs: wordpress and opencart. And I just added the relevant parts of my wp header and footer (html and applicable scripts only) to the header.tpl and footer.tpl of opencart. I then took the applicable css from my wp install and appended it to the bottom of the opencart css. I had to make a few tweaks here and there to the css because of different css defaults on each css, but it was relatively easy and painless.

I've also done something similar with other scripts like whmcs.
I really liked how you did this and this would be the perfect solution for myself until a WP OpenCart Bridge is developed. Due you have a tutorial on how you did this succesfully. I already have the wordpress installation done (https://z01.co.uk) and the opencart installation done (http://neutrino.z01.co.uk), now I'd like to merge them the way you have. It looks awesome.

Location - London, UK

Post by rsbenedict » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:37 am

Sorry, no tutorial. I just copied the header and footer of the wordpress files before the header and after the footer of opencart. I then also appended the appropriate CSS from wp to the bottom of teh opencart css.

Basically, wordpress header and footer wrap the opencart content.

Post by T3Kaos » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:38 pm

What about unified logons?

Location - London, UK

Post by rsbenedict » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Nope. this is just a simple integration. Logins are separate.

Post by derekshirk » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:46 am

@ rsbenedict

Did you place the WP directory inside of the OpenCart (root) directory or did you put OpenCart inside of the WP directory?

I am hoping to achieve a very simple integration similar to what you described. Just to clarify could you help confirm if I am barking up the right tree based on what you have described.

1) Move OpenCart to root directory
2) WP directory will be located at /blog directory inside of the root
3) Copy necessary WP header info and paste above OC header (.tpl?) info
4) Copy necessary WP footer info and past below OC footer (.tpl?) info

I mentioned (.tpl?) above because I want to make sure that I am pasting the WP info into the correct OC files. What is the path to the correct header/footer files that need to be modified within OC?

Post by derekshirk » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:48 am

@rsbenedict

I should have also mentioned that I want to use the default OC (category) navigation on all pages of my site not the wordpress menu system. Does that matter? Is this possible?

Post by rsbenedict » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:24 pm

They are two separate installations in two separate directories. I use directadmin so both installations and directories are totally separate from each other. There is NO integration between the two installs. I just opened up the files of opencart and added the code for the wordpress layout header and footer to the applicable opencart files and then appended the appropriate css from wordpress to opencart´s css file.

It´s a very simple solution and it suits my needs. I don't need a total integration or a shared log in. Just a store to adjunct my main website.

Post by ksrep28 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:25 am

rsbenedict wrote:They are two separate installations in two separate directories. I use directadmin so both installations and directories are totally separate from each other. There is NO integration between the two installs. I just opened up the files of opencart and added the code for the wordpress layout header and footer to the applicable opencart files and then appended the appropriate css from wordpress to opencart´s css file.

It´s a very simple solution and it suits my needs. I don't need a total integration or a shared log in. Just a store to adjunct my main website.
You nailed it! I would really love a little more info. of how you did it. I could care less about shared log in as well. Seems easy in theory but not so. Can you please just answer a few questions: Did you take the entire header.php, copy it and put it in the header.tpl files in opencart? (same with the footer?) or are only portions of the WP code copied. It doesn't seem hard but when I copied the the wp code and put in in opencart I got errors. Any help would be soooooooo appreciated.

Post by rsbenedict » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:49 pm

I displayed my main page and then looked at source. I then copied the header div and the footer div and added them to the appropriate tpl pages in opencart. I then also copied the appropriate css and added it to the open cart css. Some tweaks needed to be made to get everything to look right.

You have to take it from the source code and not from the actual wordpress templates because wordpress calls for it's own php that opencart doesn't know.

If you take it from source code, then all the variables are already propagated and you won't get any php errors.

Post by ksrep28 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:11 am

AWESOME! I got it to work. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was just about to give up. I was digging into the php code and getting errors every time. I never thought of taking it from the source code. Christmas came early this year!!!! So cool!

Post by viviansank » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:31 am

also a plugin in wordpress to import products from opencart ?

Post by readyman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 pm

How would you import your Opencart content into Wordpress?

FYI - WPOpencart phase 2 has been released. It displays your Wordpress content inside Opencart.

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by viviansank » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 am

its is free?