Post by Smokinoakum » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 am

Hi all...I'm about to have to setup a payment gateway for my fathers store. He has chosen to go with the opencart's Authorize.Net(AIM) gateway. He has finished setting up the account with them and has a Login ID, and a Transaction Key.

I have a few questions before I attempt to go further.

1. MD5 Hash: What do I put here?
2. Transaction Server: Do I leave this on Live?
3. Transaction Mode: Do I leave this on Live?
4. Transaction Method: I would think I need to change this to Capture?
5. Order Status: I would think I need to change this to Complete?

My other question is, do I need to purchase a SSL certificate to go along with the Authorize.Net(AIM) gateway.

I looked online for a tutorial on this and could find nothing. Any help would be great!

Thanks everyone.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:40 am

1. It is optional, only if you have it set in your actual authorize.net account settings
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Capture
5. Complete or whatever status you want the order to be in when payment is successful

Yes you need SSL for any payment gateway that is hosted and collects card data directly on your site

Q

Administrator

Post by Smokinoakum » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:17 am

Qphoria wrote:
Yes you need SSL for any payment gateway that is hosted and collects card data directly on your site

Q
Thanks for the fast response Q. Do you suggest buying the certificate though the web host provider or through Authorize.Net? The costs are just about the same.

Post by cmohunter » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:03 pm

I recently purchased the Q add-on for Opencart but its generating an error - ERROR: (TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive. I am using the Authorize.net Sandbox to generate the API Login Id and Transaction Key on OPen Cart v.1.4.9.4.

I could use some help to understand what needs to be modified in order to get this to work properly. Thank you.

Post by eseaman3 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:55 am

Hi, guys,

I am getting a consistent "This transaction cannot be accepted." error when I try to check out using the Authorize.net payment module. I purchased the Q product for authorize.net and it also did not work, so I went back to the original module to see if I can't get it to work again. Here is what I have done to troubleshoot:

I have enabled SSL on my host and in my OpenCart. I checked my Authorize.net account against my OpenCart, and my API Login ID, Transaction Key and MD5 hash match between authorize.net and OpenCart. I checked my host against my OpenCart timezones, and my OpenCart is set to Central/Daylight Savings Time and my host is located in Texas, so this is correctly configured as well. I have set up an OpenCart GeoZone to USA, with a Description of USA, and a Zone of All Zones.

I tested with Authorize.net on the phone, and they tell me my tests are not even hitting their server, so the problem is on my end. Next steps, please?

Thanks,
EdS

Post by eseaman3 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:48 am

Hey guys/gals,

I just got off the phone with authorize.net- we got it to work. If you have an existing authorize.net API login ID and Transaction Key, you MUST create a new transaction key if you are migrating your shopping cart to a new server.

Would it have value for me to document what I have learned about troubleshooting and making authorize.net (AIM) work and posting it somewhere on the community forum?

Thanks,
EdS

Post by tonkapark » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:53 am

Thought I would add a more accurate solution here for the error, "(TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive." when using Authorize.net AIM gateway.

Assuming you have all the right details entered not all accounts have privileges to the test url so you have to use the normal secure subdomain and set the parameter for a test request to true.

A quick and dirty fix is

In file catalog/controller/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
find:

Code: Select all

$url = 'https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll';		
change to:

$url = 'https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll'; 

Post by Demon5 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:05 pm

You also have to sign up for a separate account on the sandbox server which is completely separate from your regular account.

https://www.lotnllc.com is your one stop shop for all your computer needs!

Location - Sacramento, CA

Post by lilpantherpaw » Wed May 30, 2012 12:20 pm

We are using Authorize.Net on OpenCart Version 1.5.1.3.

Registered customers are receiving a "Transaction Invalid" error when trying to submit their payment info. Unregistered users are able to submit their payment without error. We have entered a new Login ID and Transaction Key for the module, without resolve to this issue. Please advise.

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Smokinoakum wrote:
Qphoria wrote:

Q
Thanks for the fast response Q. Do you suggest buying the certificate though the web host provider or through Authorize.Net? The costs are just about the same.
GoDaddy... $25
cmohunter wrote:I recently purchased the Q add-on for Opencart but its generating an error - ERROR: (TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive. I am using the Authorize.net Sandbox to generate the API Login Id and Transaction Key on OPen Cart v.1.4.9.4.

I could use some help to understand what needs to be modified in order to get this to work properly. Thank you.
The "test" server is for developer accounts only. Not for live accounts in test mode.

Administrator

Post by oasisfleeting » Fri May 09, 2014 5:00 am

Using a phrase will work, but that isn't the REAL problem.
The root of the problem is this:
1.) Grab a hash from any site like http://www.adamek.biz/md5-generator.php , an MD5 hash is always 32 characters
2.) Enter the hash into Authorize.net's md5 hash and compare that to the hash you created. You'll notice that on Authorize.net's MD5 hash the field length is limited to 20 characters but the md5 hash field in opencart is not. This is the causing invalid hash collisions.

Solution: Create your hash from a password or for example i_love_lucy.
i_love_lucy will hash into bcd91b9012a23f973cd8baca7eeeb5de but only 20 of those 32 characters will be allowed into the authorize.net md5 hash field.
So in conclusion the hash that needs to be put into opencart auth.net aim is bcd91b9012a23f973cd8

Do not comment out the hash checking code as this will more than likely compromise your shops security.

Ultimately, the true fix for the authorize.net aim module would be to limit the md5 hash field to 20 characters so that it matches the hash entered in to authorize.net

I figured this out while pooping and thinking. I win.

Opencart 1.5.6.4

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 09, 2014 8:41 pm

oasisfleeting wrote: I figured this out while pooping and thinking. I win.
Quote of the Week! :)
But really this is the best place to do thinking...

Administrator

Post by FAISALBTT » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:41 am

Anyone knows how to solve this errors? "Country must be a valid three-character value if specified"

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:44 am

FAISALBTT wrote:Anyone knows how to solve this errors? "Country must be a valid three-character value if specified"
ok so looking at that error here:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-664

It seems that if Authorize.net uses "EVOSnap" as the processor, they require a 3-letter country instead of the normal full country name. So you have 2 options
1. Ask Auth.net to change you to another processor
2. Change the opencart code as follows:

a. EDIT: catalog/controller/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
b. FIND (TWICE):

$order_info['payment_country']
c. REPLACE BOTH PLACES WITH:

$order_info['payment_iso_code_3']
d. FIND:

$order_info['shipping_country']
e. REPLACE WITH:

$order_info['shipping_iso_code_3']

Administrator

Post by willisdomingo » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:37 am

I already have authorize.net AIM on my OpenCart store 3.0.2.0 and it works fine. I want to add authorize.net as a payment gateway for a new Ecwid/Facebook store I am opening. The Ecwid interface requires me to enter a Signature Key and authorize.net in turns requires me to generate a new Signature key to be able to do that. Generating a new key will disable any old keys. That means, if OpenCart requires a Signature Key, the gateway will no longer function on my OpenCart store. I cannot find a Signature Key field in my Authorize.net AIM edit page on the dashboard. Does this mean that OpenCart doesn't require a Signature key and that I'm safe in generating a new one?

Post by willisdomingo » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:53 am

I asked for advice from authorize.net tech support and they told me the following:

20:46:56 UTC Brandon : There are 3 main possibilities:
1. Your existing store doesn't use it, so it will ignore it when changed, so the change will have no effect
2. Your existing store doesn't use it, so when it's received the store will not know how to handle it, producing errors
3. Your existing store uses it, so the change will cause errors until the store is updated with the new Key.
20:47:04 UTC Willis Domingo : In other words, if I generate a new Signature key, then the old one will be disabled and processing will not work? Is that right? So I need to have the developer of my existing store on hand and ready to reconfigure before I add authorize.net to the new Facebook store. Is that right?
20:47:40 UTC Brandon : Generating a new Signature Key will disable the previous Signature Key, yes.