Post by wickedstangs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:48 am

Hello Everyone new to opencart.. Looking pretty good. Hope Community Support is helpful:)

How do you put items on the featured module?

Is there something I have to add to the Product (Autocomplete) section?

Running Opencart v3.0.3.1 http://www.wickedstangsperformanceshop.com
http://www.slpgear.com

Post by sinbad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:50 am

Modules > Featured
start typing the product name in the input field.

Post by wickedstangs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 am

sinbad wrote:Modules > Featured
start typing the product name in the input field.
Wow, I feel dumb now:) Thanks for the help...

Running Opencart v3.0.3.1 http://www.wickedstangsperformanceshop.com
http://www.slpgear.com

Post by JonathanM » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi.

I can use featured module with no problem in 1.5.1.3 version but in 1.5.1.2 I cannot add any products into it. It dont autocomplete and it dont work with full product name either. I have tested this now in three different default installations, with latest FF and IE. Is there something changed in the version that could have something to do with server settings or what could be the reason?

Is there any workaround how to add products there manually, if I can not get it to work?

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:33 pm

ask your server host to install mb_string() php module

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:49 pm

JonathanM wrote:Hi.

I can use featured module with no problem in 1.5.1.3 version but in 1.5.1.2 I cannot add any products into it. It dont autocomplete and it dont work with full product name either. I have tested this now in three different default installations, with latest FF and IE. Is there something changed in the version that could have something to do with server settings or what could be the reason?

Is there any workaround how to add products there manually, if I can not get it to work?
I am seeing this issue too on another persons site. I was going to upgrade them to 1.5.1.3 but perhaps uksitebuilder's clue will help

Administrator

Post by JonathanM » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:19 pm

My host says that php-mbstring is already at the current version.

Post by JonathanM » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Update: Installing this mbstring did fix it, so thanks a lot for the info!

Here is link how to do it if anyone else needs it installed in WHM:
http://serverfault.com/questions/149122 ... ing-module

But now I encounter another problem. I have "make offer" module installed and after I add featured product, I get this following error: (shop still looks ok and featured item is visible)

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/mysite/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_controller_module_featured.php on line 51
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/mysite/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_controller_module_featured.php on line 53

Here is the code from line 51 forward in that file:

Code: Select all

$discounts = $this->model_catalog_product->getProductDiscounts($result['product_id']);
			$this->load->model('fido/make_offer');
			if ($this->config->get('make_offer_status') && ($this->model_fido_make_offer->getOfferedProduct($result['product_id']) || $this->config->get('make_offer_all_products') || ($this->config->get('make_offer_zero_price') && ($result['price'] == 0)))) {
				$make_offer = true;
			} else {
				$make_offer = false;
			}
I would be super super grateful if anyone could find a fix for it. :)

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Probably best to PM Fido-X on this error, I believe it is his module

Guru Member

Post by misscaprice » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Hello,

My auto complete function is not working either - not in Featured products, nor in Related ones. And I am using OC1.5.1.3 version + eCart theme. What may cause the problem?

Post by JonathanM » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Well there is no answer from Fido-X, like was expected. They dont have time or interest to give any kind of support anymore. I have also tested with different versions with same results, so its fair to say Make Offer it is not compatible with featured. Maybe thats why they also disabled featured module in their demo site. ;)

Now the options are that some kind soul would figure out the fix for this, or then need to find some other extension to present group of sertain products in the front page. Anyone willing to look deeper into code?

Post by JonathanM » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:50 pm

misscaprice wrote:Hello,

My auto complete function is not working either - not in Featured products, nor in Related ones. And I am using OC1.5.1.3 version + eCart theme. What may cause the problem?
Does it work in default shop, before installing the theme? Then you would know if the problem has to do with your server or with the theme or extension.

Post by misscaprice » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 am

As far as I remember it was not working in the fresh install either.
The hosting company told me that mb_string() php module is already installed. Anyone have a clue on the problem?

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:15 am

Alas JonathanM without seeing the code it is nigh on impossible to debug, and as it is a commercial mod you purchased, you should try to persevere with Fido-X - He is a long standing community member since the days of Y'or so I'm sure he will contact you soon. Maybe he is on holiday or something

@misscaprice - See this post to test if mbstring truly is installed -> http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 89#p199755

Guru Member

Post by misscaprice » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:30 am

Well just tried this. What I receive is
aeiou
Does this mean it is not installed? the guy from the server support double checked it

Post by JonathanM » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:20 am

misscaprice wrote:As far as I remember it was not working in the fresh install either.
The hosting company told me that mb_string() php module is already installed. Anyone have a clue on the problem?
My host also said it is installed, but when I check myself it was not. I dont know much at all about running a server, but I managed to google and find out how to check it in my server. My support actually admit in second message that they are not familiar with the module I am talking about. It was related to EasyApache (Apache Update) in my case.

Post by misscaprice » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:21 am

Well, the characters appear with the apostrophes just like UKsitebuilder shows.
So, the php module is working.
My OC version is the newest 1.5.1.3
And auto-complete is still not working.
Do you have any other ideas?

Post by JonathanM » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:38 am

I dont know what is wrong then. Actually for my understanding 1.5.1.3 version should not even require mbstring for autocomplete to work. Autocomplete worked well in my 1.5.1.3 shop even mbstring was not turned on that time. Only 1.5.1.2 needed that in my server. Have you tried reinstalling shop? (long shot, I know)

Post by misscaprice » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:33 am

Ok, finally get it working. Was issue with the theme.

Jonathan and uksitebuilder, thanks a lot for ideas. Reinstalling, oh no, it was the last possible option. Done too much coding into the system :)