Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:45 pm

This was my take on showing the user something while they wait for data to be passed to a 3rd party payment provider.

After clicking the confirm order button, an overlay is shown with a Message 'Please Wait while we process your order' with a small animated loading icon.

Save the attached loading graphic to your image/data folder
order-process-wait.gif

order-process-wait.gif (1.88 KiB) Viewed 10293 times

Upload the attached xml file to your vqmod/xml folder
This file affects your catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/checkout.tpl file by adding a block of jquery to the bottom.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Sorry guys, just updated the xml to fix a bug.

Guru Member

Post by ninogui » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:58 am

correct

position ´fixed´

looking much better now

thks

Post by Maansy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:18 am

It's more professional checkout now thanks fir the boost ;)

ALL Templates :: 1.5.1+ Templates :: 50%-75% PRICE DROP ONLY at OpencartStuff.com

Post by ninogui » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 pm

hello

In fact Simon you know what would really be tops for this

To add similar code lines to when a customer is creating a new account, when modifying it, on the contact us inquiry form for customers or visitors, etc

Summing up whenever a pause is required from the user basically to lower chances of end users messing things up by refreshing and/or going back on the browser before that particular action is accomplished, with the benefit of adding a more dynamic look to the cart

now that would be quite an accomplishment, I bet Daniel could (and probably should) integrate that onto the next version

best rgds

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:25 pm

I think the main problem and slowness/pause is caused when a user is transferred off-site (i.e. to paypal or other 3rd party payment provider), also if the store has a lot of products/categories, then site searches can sometimes take a while to kick back the results.

Other than that, there should really be no noticeable slowness of the site unless on a low-grade server etc.

I think I will add this to my Intuitive Improved search Extensions :-) but I don't think it is required elsewhere within the site as response/loading times should be no greater than 1-2 seconds at most.

Guru Member

Post by ninogui » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi Simon

yes, you are totally right regarding logical reasoning... intuitiveness would help of course, as anywhere else testers should be aware of the worst thing certain end users can do.. because they will do it with double damage on top of that! lol

best rgds

Post by jaimiedijstra » Thu May 15, 2014 7:20 am

This is a fantastic solution, even almost 3 years later! I had installed PDF Pro as my customers and admin needed a pdf with their orders so checkout is slow, especially with 1680 items in the store and checkouts containing 30 different products or more, it's taking 8-15 seconds on checkout pending on the size of the cart (next step optimizing my vps!)!

Thanks Simon for this solution, easily customizable!

For other users, if you are looking for a different gif/animation, this site is quality http://ajaxload.info/, just change the xml simon provided to the new file name or name your gif the same, either way! For other than default themes change the xml line "catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/checkout.tpl" to "catalog/view/theme/yourtheme/template/checkout/checkout.tpl". This has brightened up my day :)

Post by jmagro » Fri May 30, 2014 2:31 am

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!! I've been pulling my hair out about this issue for days!!!! Thank you a million times over. ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Post by gtoc » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:30 am

Hi,
What would I need to add to have this close on an error? I have an on site credit card gateway and the 'please wait' just keeps going if the transaction is denied.
thanks.

Post by kdmp » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:29 pm

I noticed that to when using Qphoria's Moneris payment mod. If there is an error returned, it remains on the screen with the spinner. Basically, when a response is provided that does not proceed to the success page, this spinner needs to disappear.

Kevin Davidson
Purolator Shipping Module
Canpar Shipping Module
VQMod - Paypal Transaction ID to Payment Details

Location - Ontario, Canada

Post by zaidladha » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi, Will this work with search?