Post by SteveSherry » Fri May 21, 2010 4:54 am

Hi,
I'm looking at setting up 2 new opencart installations for a local business, but I was thinking of using 2 separate domain names serving from the same webspace.

i.e. domainA.com = public_html/domainA/index.php
domainB.com = public_html/domainB/index.php

Does anyone have any opinions on hosting in general, but specifically uk hosting.

My Website ¦ Summer Madness Special Offer ¦

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by ritey » Sat May 22, 2010 5:54 pm

I have some fasthosts dedicated servers, no single company in my experience is great, but Fastshosts seem to be alright and there shared space seems to be relatively stable albeit the mysql database costs are huge

Dave
www.coderstudios.com

Location - Richmond

Post by Chrissy Poo » Sat May 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Have a look at Vidahost, even on their Starter Package you can host up to 6 sites (6 domain names) and later on you can always upgrade to a higher package with just a couple of clicks and no effect on your sites :)

10% Discount on all Shared and Reseller Hosting Packages at Vidahost.com

Discount Code: DISCOUNT10

Location - UK

Post by kaisillore » Fri May 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Using a starter package on most web hosting could at least give you a good grip. I think I’ve read something about Vidahost already and they say it is really easy to setup and it is really affordable. Anyway, it is better if the upgrade is easy for just few clicks and done.

Website and Webdesign in indianapolis seo and indiana seo Internet

Post by daza2304 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Try these guys, TSO Host, http://www.tsohost.co.uk/ i have been with them for years, there support is brilliant and the cost is also very good.

Post by SteveSherry » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:04 am

Hi everyone,
I finally found some hosting, and have now become a reseller.
I can offer a managed web hosting account for beginners through to advanced.
Rates are reasonably cheap, and I'll happily install the most recent version for all subscriptions.

Steve...

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by Alistair » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Which do you think is the best website host? Im planning to have a new one. Thanks.

SEO Blog Philippines

Post by SteveSherry » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:36 am

Alistair wrote:Which do you think is the best website host? Im planning to have a new one. Thanks.
Mine ;D
I've been using it now for over a year, with absolutely minimal downtime.
I think its something like half an hour.

http://www.cartsupport.co.uk/Website_hosting

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by Shogun » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:04 am

I use www.ariotek.co.uk

Been using them for years and never had a problem. I only pay around £40 a year for my 3 domains and hosting (basic) which I think is very reasonable :)

Post by Sidekick » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:51 pm

navya wrote:Hey..

Nice discussion..
Please share web hosting site which is very low in prices..
Very low prices usually mean that the quality of services will be low... very low...

Location - New Zealand (Tokomaru, Palmerston North)

Post by jimm1909 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:55 pm

SteveSherry wrote:Hi,
I'm looking at setting up 2 new opencart installations for a local business, but I was thinking of using 2 separate domain names serving from the same webspace.

i.e. domainA.com = public_html/domainA/index.php
domainB.com = public_html/domainB/index.php

Does anyone have any opinions on hosting in general, but specifically uk hosting.
I would definitely use HostGator or BlueHost. Both are great in the UK.

Hope this helps,

-Jim
Last edited by jimm1909 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by wowsr » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:47 pm

hostpapa.com is a pretty decent hosting company and it is based in the UK. I have a web hosting account with them for about 5 months and I haven't had one single problem. Simply take a look at their offer and decide for yourself if they are worth your money.

Post by Melba03 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi, Web hosting service works just like any store or establishment that sells items that someone else manufactures. It works like this: one company provides the data storage and the bandwidth as a product. The reseller web hosting service purchases this data storage and bandwidth and then they turn around and sell the package they have purchased to someone else. Nice post. I enjoy this post gorgeously with all of my friends. Really nice.thanks.

Cloud Hosting

Post by jollyrobin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi guys, can I ask why you would choose a uk webhost over a usa one or any other country? What´s the benefit?

My site is for Europe, but I use an american host (bluehost)

Post by goaesco » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Have a look at Vidahost, even on their Starter Package you can host up to 6 sites (6 domain names) and later on you can always upgrade to a higher package with just a couple of clicks and no effect on your sites

India Tour Package | Tour Packages Kullu Manali | Cultural Tours India | Goa Package | Manali Honeymoon Packages

Post by wowsr » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 pm

jollyrobin wrote:Hi guys, can I ask why you would choose a uk webhost over a usa one or any other country? What´s the benefit?

My site is for Europe, but I use an american host (bluehost)
One of the reasons why it is better to host your website as near to your location as possible is that the security of your website would be better. The data travels faster between you and the web host and therefore there will be very little or no hacking attempts from malicious people. I am sure there are other reasons as well but this is what I can think of right now.

Regards

Post by AnonyMoose » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Vote for Vidahost from me as well, their customer service is second to none. Even when you have cheapest basic hosting package, all emails are answered within minutes and they work till late (11PM I believe).

Post by jwimmer84 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Like many others I considered hostgator and if they really are as low priced and excellent as they claim. Browsing the internet one day I actually got lucky! I ran across a discount code that not only gave me site hosting for .01 but it provided me $100 for Google ads & $25 for Yahoo! ads! Soon after I completed my website I was able to get site visitors as a result. The discount code works on ANY of the plans including the "hatchling plan"

To access the discount AND the bonus products use the discount code "APRETTYPENNY" at checkout, no quotation marks.

Post by Jeremy Fisk » Mon May 07, 2012 8:54 am

HOSTGATOR IS NOW USELESS... NOT AS GOOD AS THEY USED TO BE...

i have transfered to a new hosting provider (247hosting.com) as i am sick of hostgator's service.
hostgator used to be my favorate hosting provider and they used to provide good service (and didn't have to wait at all when using the live chat system - was very quick)and the technical support people knew a lot and could help 99.9999% of the time.

Hostgator used to be the hosting provider that i recomend to all the people that I develop websites for and for all the people that i assist with their websites... I used to be LOYAL hostgator...

However this has all had to change as i cannot recommend hostgator to my customers or friends and fellow company representitives if i am not happy with hostgator myself.

Hostgators service changed when the live chat changed to the new look... sometimes you will have to wait for quite sometime before being answered on the chat.... and when it does finally get allocated to a technition, they will often take between 5-10 minutes to answer a simple question (not technical at all, e.g. "can you see my site loading on your screen" surely doesn't even take 1 minute to answer that)... the amount of support people droped dramtically and it no longer say what number i am in the line etc... only when I show that I am annoyed or that i am thinking of changing providers do i get any support...

I ask a few questions on the chat system, and i don't get any replys for quite some time, and then when they do reply they don't understand... now i tell them that i am canceling the account and i get given all these offers and get told that hostgator service is meant to be something wonderful... when it is no longer any good at all...

Cheers
Jem

Hand Dryers

Bookstore Mod
QuickShop Module
Restricted Access - Compulsory Login
Template Override - Category Specific (vQmod)
Template Override - Brand Specific (vQmod)
How did you find out about us register question mod
Compulsory Login vQmod
Brands In Top Menu
zoom - Product Image - Auto on hover

Location - New Zealand (Tokomaru, Palmerston North)