Post by madimar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Finally a definitive professional contribution to manage your sale representatives/agents!

This mod basically includes:
- a new category "sales representative" with a full address book in admin sale menu.
- possibility to assign a sales rep to a customer (additional field added in customer table)
- additional field for sales rep also in orders. The field is automatically field with customer sale agent but it can be changed freely by the admin.
- customer and order lists can be filtered by sale rep
- guest orders are tagged with a "none" sale rep. The admin can decide to add a sales rep as for all the other orders.

You can fully check the contribution on my demo site:

http://www.opencartzoom.com/demo/oc4/
Admin: demo/demo

Extensions Store:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2499

In roadmap for next version (not currently included):
- ability to send emails to sales representative customer groups.

----------------------------------------
Requirements
----------------------------------------
OpenCart 1.4.9.x
Vqmod Module 1.2.3 (or last version)
Last edited by madimar on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by marcelwoo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:20 am

any chance of upating it to fit opencart 1.5x?

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by madimar » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:40 pm

sure, if you are really interested! My plans are to upgrade all my extensions, and I'm giving priority to those ones are specifically requested!
Let me know,
M

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by madimar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:42 am

marcelwoo wrote:any chance of upating it to fit opencart 1.5x?
Just updated to 1.5.1.1!!!!

Demo site:
http://www.opencartzoom.com/oc1511
admin: demo/demo

Post by madimar » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:05 pm

!!! New version 1.2 features rich (only for 1.5.1.x at the moment) !!!!!

This mod now includes:
- a new category "sales representative" with a full address book in admin sale menu.
- possibility to assign a sales rep to a customer (additional field added in customer table)
- additional field for sales rep also in orders. The field is automatically field with customer sale agent but it can be changed freely by the admin.
- customer and order lists can be filtered by sale rep
- guest orders are tagged with a "none" sale rep. The admin can decide to add a sales rep as for all the other orders.

Features added in 1.2
- possibility to show a sales agents dropdown list selection in customer registration
- possibility to select which sales agent to show in customer registration
- send alert email to sales agent when an order is received
- possibility to set many email addresses for each agent for alert emails.

In roadmap for next version (not currently included):
- ability to send emails to sales representative customer groups.
- sales agent login with permissions to see only own customers/orders/statistics
- new sales representatives report for admin

Everything viewable in demo site:

Demo site:
http://www.opencartzoom.com/oc1511

Post by madimar » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:53 am

Exciting version 1.3 released!!!!

A Sales Rep can login in the site:
- A sales rep can send emails to his customers.
- A sales rep has a personalized dashboard showing customers, orders, statistics and graphics only related to his customer
- A sales rep can only see his customers and orders
- A sales rep has personalized Customer reports (only report->customers->... ; the other reports should be not allowed to agents)

Demo site :
http://www.opencartzoom.com/oc1512
salerep: salerep1/salerep1

Available for any doubt,

M

Post by daimyar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm

When I tried to create an account as customer after fill up the information from and submit it I got this error:

==> Beginning of the Error
Notice: Undefined index: sales_rep_id in /home/ginsengv/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_model_account_customer.php on line 76Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ginsengv/public_html/index.php:104) in/home/ginsengv/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ginsengv/public_html/index.php:104) in /home/ginsengv/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
<== End of Error
Anyway module really looks good and I hope it works well too.

Post by madimar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi daimyar,
could you please check if the same error occurs in my demo site? Just to begin an investigation and try to understand if it is a problem of incorrect installation or a real bug.

Let me know,

M

Post by daimyar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:29 pm

I just checked your demo site and realized mine doesn't have (show) "Your Sales Representative:" section.
I am not sure if it is incorrect installation or a real bug. Would you please check my site and let me know and give me a solution.
http://www.ginsengveronica.com/
NOTE: Just for your information; after installing this module also I installed shoppica theme which is not active now.

Post by madimar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:45 pm

OK, some questions now:
1) what Opencart version are you exactly using?
2) Are you using default template at the moment, aren't you?
3) Could you please send me vqmod.log file you should find in vqmod folder?

Btw, when you will switch to Shoppica, you will unfortunately need some slight adaptations more, but lets discuss about them in a further step.

M

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Post by daimyar » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 am

Thank you for your kind and quick respond.
The version of the Opencart I am using is Version 1.5.1.3
Yes I am using default template right now.
I tried to attache the "vqmod.log" file to this post but it didn't accept it because the file is about 7.69 MB so I uploaded to one of mt FTP, you can download it from here: http://www.print416.com/client/vqmod.log
Thanks again

Post by madimar » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm checking your log and I will verify things.
Btw, just for your knowledge, the log shows a lot of events/errors related also to other extensions, e.g.:

Code: Select all

---------- Date: 2011-10-09 02:02:14 ~ IP : 176.9.30.104 ----------
REQUEST URI : /
MOD DETAILS:
   modFile   : /home/ginsengv/public_html/vqmod/xml/uksb_google_merchant.xml
   id        : UKSB Google Merchant
   version   : 2.4.0
   vqmver    : 2.0.1
   author    : http://www.opencart-extensions.co.uk
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): 'minimum'          => $query->row['minimum'],
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Date: 2011-10-09 08:51:26 ~ IP : 99.227.203.173 ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=catalog/product&token=7c4db5367819eb0b39c31bfb541b3ccb
MOD DETAILS:
   modFile   : /home/ginsengv/public_html/vqmod/xml/uksb_google_merchant.xml
   id        : UKSB Google Merchant
   version   : 2.4.0
   vqmver    : 2.0.1
   author    : http://www.opencart-extensions.co.uk
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $this->db->query("INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "product SET model = '" . $this->db->escape($data['model']) . "', sku = '" . $this->db->escape($data['sku']) . "', upc = '" . $this->db->escape($data['upc']) . "', location = '" . $this->db->escape($data['location']) . "', quantity = '" . (int)$data['quantity'] . "', minimum = '" . (int)$data['minimum'] . "', subtract = '" . (int)$data['subtract'] . "', stock_status_id = '" . (int)$data['stock_status_id'] . "', date_available = '" . $this->db->escape($data['date_available']) . "', manufacturer_id = '" . (int)$data['manufacturer_id'] . "', shipping = '" . (int)$data['shipping'] . "', price = '" . (float)$data['price'] . "', points = '" . (int)$data['points'] . "', weight = '" . (float)$data['weight'] . "', weight_class_id = '" . (int)$data['weight_class_id'] . "', length = '" . (float)$data['length'] . "', width = '" . (float)$data['width'] . "', height = '" . (float)$data['height'] . "', length_class_id = '" . (int)$data['length_class_id'] . "', status = '" . (int)$data['status'] . "', tax_class_id = '" . (int)$data['tax_class_id'] . "', sort_order = '" . (int)$data['sort_order'] . "', date_added = NOW()");
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe you should verify this UKSB Google Merchant extension.

Regarding my contribution, I'm only encountering some message errors (not relevant in your case) related to Italian language missing. Or better... let me think about, what exact version of vqmod are you using? Preliminary 2.0.x versions had some issues with relation to missing files... even if not relevant.

Anyway, troubleshoot on your vqmod.log is really difficult... if you could contact me via email/skype we could try to go on smoothly. I just sent you an email on this.

M

Post by robster » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Fantastic extension.

Is there a way to assign a customer to a specific agent by post code. This is how many companies work in the UK. For example. all post codes: DE, LU, S, LS, etc -> agent 1 and WS, M, LA, etc. -> agent 2 and so on.

Rob

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by madimar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:19 am

Thank you robster.
At the moment that feature is not present. Maybe in the future!

Max

Post by Thorworx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:37 am

Hi there,
this module is exactly what I was looking for to handle my B2B site, but I would like to test it before I pay anything.
Unluckily your two demo sites do not work at all, please check on them and give me a sign if they are up and running again.

I would like to know if the module integrates smoothly with the cartmania theme? I am running OC 1.5.1.3 and Cartmania latest version. I will have a checkout mod called Simplyfied Checkout that changes the layout to just a single page. WIll the Sales Rep Box be included there automatically?
>> check the mod here: https://demo.webbutvecklarna.com/index. ... ckout/cart
or see the original extension here: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

Also I would like to ask about the same feature that other guy wanted... In Germany a sales rep is usually assigned to either Zip Codes or States/Regions or in some cases even countries. So if I could assign a rep by states automatically each time a new customer signs up and the right rep gets a notice along with the admin that would be great!

Best regards,
Thorsten

Post by madimar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi Thorsten,
thank you for your interest in my work.
I don't know why the demo site were down, maybe considering I leave almost free access to potential customers to check everything, something has been broken.

Anyway I just set up a brand new demo site in OC 1.5.1.3 with Sales Rep v1.4.

You can check with same credentials on :

http://www.opencartzoom.com/demo/oc1513sr

You can verify everything there and if you have any doubt you can contact me.

Regarding Cartmania and single page checkout, I can't say the agent box is working with them and, to be honest, I suppose it will not work at the first try. Anyway, considering the impact of the box on the page is really limited, I'm really confident I could adapt it for you easily. No problem for that. You will just need to provide me your customizations (theme and 3-pty extension) in order to be able to do the adaptation.

Regarding the last point, I'm discovering it is a good new feature. I will surely add it in the next version. Maybe you will find a gift under your Christmas tree.

regards,

M
Last edited by madimar on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Thorworx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Hello Madimar,
sounds good, but I am sorry to say that I just tried to log in and the demo credentials for Admin or salerep1 are not working :(
Regards, Thorsten

Post by robster » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 pm

@Thorsten

You need to go to http://www.opencartzoom.com/oc1513sr/admin (add the /admin bit to the url) and everything works fine (although there is a small error at the top of the screen when I logged in as salerep1).

robster

I know my place...!

Post by Thorworx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:08 pm

O.K... now I know why I could not log in! Login as salerep1 is everything denied... I think it is not a good way to integrate it like that, as the full backend is still shown but locked down. This is very confusing! I think there should be only a dashboard displaying with direct access to all the available features, like customer orders, customer addressbook and such. I have seen a mod somewhere that can hide all the other navigation. I will definitly make use of that!

Also there must be the phone number of the agent available in the admin section. Not only the email.

Overall, I could not see or test much as it was too confusing and the salerep1 was blocked.

Some more ideas:
- A salerep should be able to approve new customers on the road by itself! When no admin is available he cannot create new orders!
- Did you think about integrating a sales rep as an affiliate? So when one of his customers buys something he is rewarded the percentage of the netto sum automatically?

Best regards, Thorsten

Post by robster » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Glad you got in. Yes everything is locked out as salerep1..... :( If you try the original link on the extensions page (if it is still there) it worked ok.

I agree with you about the commissions, super idea and the telephone too. the main thing is the automatic assigning of customers to the agent - This would make this extension perfect.

robster

I know my place...!