Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:28 am

robster wrote:Yes I can but:

The default setting is Recently Modified. Most of the first 10 pages are in no way recently modified. Just marked as such to be at the top of the list. This means that for those extension I have purchased i have to trawel through the text to see what has been modified in this 'Modified' extension listing only to find that nothing has changed.

This does not resolve the issue.
Well that is true you don't get real updates, but it shouldn't affect new stuff. Perhaps we need to control the update process to only happen once per week or something. We'll think about it

Administrator

Post by robster » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:33 am

You made a good point about filtering to see new extensions - missed that in a senior moment. Checking to see what modifications are and finding yet again that there are none wastes time though and is an @rseache (and to be honest makes me not want to buy from that author again).

Thanks for your replies Q.

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by SapporoGuy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:48 am

@ change of topic ...
The sorting is not really working. I am trying to sort by price and descending.
I can't even figure out what the logic is behind it ...
free
free
$20
free
free
$28

Most downloaded is also showing 2 Persian mods at the top.

Hmmm, Is the currency or language that is screwing it up?

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by madimar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:26 pm

General question: why not decrease the minimum price of an extension? 10$ can be higher in some cases.
IMHO 5$ could be a good threeshold.

Ciao

Max

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by chrisranjana.com » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:13 pm

On the subject of free vs commercial addons, what happens when a developer decides to *clone* all the features of an existing commercial addon and give it to the community for free ? Would that go against the TOS or something ?

Chris, Opencart Developers and Programmers,
Opencart Developers Opencart Programmers
https://www.chrisranjana.com

Location - chennai, India

Post by Johnathan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 pm

chrisranjana.com wrote:On the subject of free vs commercial addons, what happens when a developer decides to *clone* all the features of an existing commercial addon and give it to the community for free ? Would that go against the TOS or something ?
While that may make the original extension owner unhappy, I don't think that would (or should) go against the TOS. If it did, the first person to write an extension could charge hundreds of dollars for it, and no one could ever compete with it. Free vs Commercial is just like price competition, only Free always wins. ;D

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:11 pm

chrisranjana.com wrote:On the subject of free vs commercial addons, what happens when a developer decides to *clone* all the features of an existing commercial addon and give it to the community for free ? Would that go against the TOS or something ?
Yes. The mod gets shutdown and the user banned

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:47 am

I think he meant cloning the functionality, not the code. Would that really be rejected?

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:18 am

Johnathan wrote:I think he meant cloning the functionality, not the code. Would that really be rejected?
Well it becomes subjective I guess. In this case the code was actually different. It was taylored for different templates and the file structure was different. But the internal js file was the same so there was no "fair use" there.

The original is free but the readme doesn't say its GPL.. so do we assume sharing is not allowed if not mentioned?

Administrator

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Today I tried to update one of my extensions and the extension image reverts back to the default one after submitting.

Would be nice to see this fixed.

-e- I see, it does not like '&' characters in the file names. Still would be nice to see this fixed.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by alexmbra » Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 am

I have one problem with the Extension Store.
Yesterday I found a problem with my modules. A flash domain security thing.
So, I fixed all my 6 modules and uploaded new versions. But the store only shows that I updated only 3 modules.
Does anyone knows the reason for this?

Thanks.

Flash Ctt Tracking V2
Animated Flash Header Banner V3
Animated Flash Banner V2
Rastreamento de envios pelo CTT correios
Flash Expandable Category Side Menu module
Flash Category Side Menu Module
Flash Cart Steps Module
Animated Flash Banner Module
Animated Flash HEADER Banner Module

Post by alexmbra » Tue May 03, 2011 12:23 pm

I think that the store should have a button inside our modules store, that would allow us to send an email for every user that bought our modules. This way we could tell them that there is an update for them to download.

I also think that it should remove the “Recently Modified”. Instead it should be changed from a extension list to a grid system with only image, name and price, with description appearing on a tooltip. And also display them randonly or added, or by name, or by price.

Flash Ctt Tracking V2
Animated Flash Header Banner V3
Animated Flash Banner V2
Rastreamento de envios pelo CTT correios
Flash Expandable Category Side Menu module
Flash Category Side Menu Module
Flash Cart Steps Module
Animated Flash Banner Module
Animated Flash HEADER Banner Module

Post by Daniel » Mon May 30, 2011 1:11 pm

I want to change the extension store to look like this:

https://addons.opera.com/addons/extensions/

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by aaron1988 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 pm

That looks a good extensions page on opera, if it was implemented into OpenCart that would be a bonus

As i know you guys are already working hard to get the 1.5 fully BUG Free

Regards,
Aaron

Post by Daniel » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:16 pm

i have added a new page called sales so every one can get some limited information on the sales. reversed status is normally due to fraud.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Daniel wrote:i have added a new page called sales so every one can get some limited information on the sales. reversed status is normally due to fraud.
seems to be a bit buggy. Where the name of the extension should be it has the description, and the price seems to always be 0.00

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm sure its still in progress..
One thing I would ask for tho is the ability to sort and/or filter by the column titles

But overall a great idea! :)

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
Daniel wrote:i have added a new page called sales so every one can get some limited information on the sales. reversed status is normally due to fraud.
seems to be a bit buggy. Where the name of the extension should be it has the description, and the price seems to always be 0.00

thx for letting me know.

i did not have any sales of my own to test it with.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by gob33 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 pm

After using the extension download center, under are the points that i would like to see:
1) Ability to put the price in the developper's local currency and not dollar only.
The revenue of program sales will be constant and not dependant of dollar change rate.
2) Ability to zoom on the additionnal images. Often image is too small to see the functionalities.
3) More than 10 extensions per page could be displayed.
All the rest is good.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by bull5-i » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:08 pm

I have a question about the working of the extension store from the client side.
If someone buys a paid extension that has several downloads, then can they download all the files and how many times?
What happens when the author updates an existing download or adds a completely new one? Can the buyer later redownload the newly added files?

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me