Post by soapitup » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Am I right in thinking that my customers would recieve an email when they purchase an item from my store? Also is there any way I can edit the email they get to add my own message. I looked in admin - sales - mail template but getting a "Permissions Denied" error that I can't seem to resolve and don't know if that is the template I need to edit anyway.

Any help would be appreaciated.
Thanks.

Post by openmycart.com » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:53 am

if you want to edit the file go to: admin\view\template\sale\contact.tpl (template file) and lang file: admin\language\english\sale\contact.php

if you want to release the denied permission then go to: admin--setting--localization--user group--top aministrator--edit--checked to all--done

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here

Post by soapitup » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 am

I had a luck at those two files but still doesn't look like it's the righht file, its the automatic email that gets sent out by the cart when a customer purchses an item (not a manual email message), just wanted to add a few lines on text to the email template, however the files you suggested look as if they are for when you send out messages manually via admin.

Also the denied permission error stays even when I have checked all the settings for top administrator which is very strange.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Post by rofus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi all,

I have the same type of error, checked all modules in the Top Administrator, still getting error of permission denied.

Is this a bug?

R

Post by openmycart.com » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 am

Well, finally I should investigate You, did you edit your file or using another mods files instead OC original files? that's no bug, if bug it will not only you face this case..
anyway what OC version You already use?

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here

Post by rofus » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi,

using OC 1.4.9.3. modified lots of files (mainly in the view) and none of them about the Admin authorization settings, and I just use two or three modules not mods, and I had that problem since the start. I see that there are other open topics about that problem on the forum, so it seems something affecting some users.

Looking at database I think it would be simple if knowing the syntax of the user_group.permission field in the database, it's clearly where all modules and permissions are listed.

Any suggestion is very welcome :)

R

Post by openmycart.com » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 am

rofus wrote:Hi,

using OC 1.4.9.3. modified lots of files (mainly in the view) and none of them about the Admin authorization settings, and I just use two or three modules not mods, and I had that problem since the start. I see that there are other open topics about that problem on the forum, so it seems something affecting some users.
well..well...well... I am sure your case happen because of your lots of files modified, How deep you know that's it not effected? and let me know where the link that said it effecting by user?
rofus wrote: Looking at database I think it would be simple if knowing the syntax of the user_group.permission field in the database, it's clearly where all modules and permissions are listed.

Any suggestion is very welcome :)

R
NO. You don't need to touch any database table, since you said "I have checked all the settings for top administrator" permission, now the case not in your database, but in your modified files.

Post by rofus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi,

Simply this problem was there since the start (before any mod) but I never took attention to it as I thought it was simply something about permissions.

Secondly I'm an advanced php programmer and I know what I did, and all apart that is working (and I never modified that part).

Third other users have the same problem on the forum and on fresh installations.

I looked at code and db, that field contains the voices driving the list of things to enable in the interface for permissions for that users, and instead of saying to you always the same thing and having to 'justify' my work would me much faster if someone is willing to share what's the 'format' of that db field so I can restore the voice in the list of things to enable in my user group interface.

Any suggestion?

R

Post by openmycart.com » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:48 am

OK, If You sure that your case not from modified files, so finally I interested to know this more.. ;)
I also waiting for your url link that you mentioned at previous, I want to see it how can it happen.

why I said the failed permission oftentimes effected by modified files, because i had experience whenever to solve my client with has similar case.

when i checked to database table DBPREFIX_user_group and relation with files
admin\controller\user\user_permission.php
admin\model\user\user_group.php
I found No problem, no different for all user group privilege except user group id for Top admin set to1.

Post by rofus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:43 am

Hi again,

that table in the 'permission' field contains all the permissions for the various modules/files (it does not matter the group id you're speaking about). Anyone knowing the syntax for that field to add to the mail_template module to the list of 'checkable' modules for permission?

a:2:{s:6:"access";a:101:{i:0;s:16:"catalog/category";i:1;s:16:"catalog/download";i:2;s:19:"catalog/information";

That is an extract of the field..not very clear what the a/i/s parameters mean, but for sure it's missing the 'sale/newsletter_template'. That's why I don't see that one in the list to enable my user group to access/edit it.

If someone (Qphoria? Daniel?) can explain to me the syntax of that field, I can easily fix the problem and it could be useful also for the others having the same problem.

R

Post by 1uk3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Is this something that has been figured out as I'm having the same issues with a site that I'm working on at the moment.

OpenCart 1.4.9.4

Post by rofus » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:44 pm

It seems that no one wants to share this....some of the developers, can you explain us the format of that field in the db? I'd be more than happy then to work on this and post here a solution!

Post by Ljubo » Mon May 02, 2011 5:29 am

Mail Template - denied permission as well.

OC 1.4.9.4

Please share a solution...

Location - Serbia