Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:05 am

I've released a v1.4.9.2 patch. This patch fixes all the bugs listed at the top of the v1.4.9.1 bug thread
Post any new bugs for v1.4.9.2 here. This is a bug fix only patch

- BUG: Notice: Undefined index: postcode_required in FIX
- BUG: customer checkouts out and wants to change either the Shipping or Payment address, a "The page you requested cannot be found" error appears FIX
- BUG: Query string needs appending to SEO url's [FIX]
Last edited by JAY6390 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added BUGS + link to FIX

Administrator

Post by jty » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:33 am

Would someone confirm the following please. I have searched the forum but could not find anything on this bug(?)

Summary -
When using IE8 + Seo URLS + Search in the header of a subcategory page = IE8 incorrectly resolves the URL taking the browser back to the parent category instead of the search page.

To test -
On 1.4.9.1 and 1.4.9.1 + 1.4.9.2 patch
1) turn on SEO URL
2. Make sure there is a SEO keyword for a parent category and it's subcategory
3. Using IE8, go to the front and go to the subcategory page
4. While on the sub-category page, enter a search term in the search box in the header
5. Click Go

Expected results - to be taken to the search page
Actual results - taken to the parent category page

Reason - IE8 returns the URL as:
http://localhost/devel/14911/desktop/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=somkeyword&category_id=26
Desktop is my parent category for my PC sub category
ie the url is /parent_category/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=somekeyword&category_id=26

The parent category should not be in front of the index?route= ....... url
This also happens when using the search in the header when on a product that has an url that includes a subcategory ie go to a subcat page, then click the product, then do the search in the header

It does not happen when searching on a category page or the home page
And as per always, Chrome, Firefox and Opera has no problem. Only our beloved piece of $hit IE8 is broken

I have been hunting this bug all day so I appreciate if someone could tell me if I'm seeing things or smoking the wrong kind of herb
Thanks
and Thanks Q for 1.4.9.2.x.y.x

jty

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:35 pm

jty wrote: Summary -
When using IE8 + Seo URLS + Search in the header of a subcategory page = IE8 incorrectly resolves the URL taking the browser back to the parent category instead of the search page.
Confirmed. It's been there since 1.4.0. Wasn't found until now because nobody in their right mind uses IE8 :drunk: :crazy:

The fix

1. EDIT: catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/template/common/header.tpl

2. FIND:

Code: Select all

url = 'index.php?route=product/search';
3. REPLACE WITH:

pathArray = location.pathname.split( '/' );
url = location.protocol + "//" + location.host + "/" + pathArray[1] + '/';
url += 'index.php?route=product/search';

Administrator

Post by jty » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Qphoria wrote:Wasn't found until now because nobody in their right mind uses IE8
There's still around 35% of them, though falling fast after keeping us hostage for over a decade.

Fixed confirmed. The little piece of $hit now works
Sorry to not have reported it earlier but it has taken me 1.5 days, maybe even 2 days to find the little $hit >:(
Thanks for the fast turnaround time

jty

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:54 am

Qphoria wrote:
Confirmed. It's been there since 1.4.0. Wasn't found until now because nobody in their right mind uses IE8 :drunk: :crazy:

The fix...
Unfortunately, the fix doesn't seem to work properly for me. Sometimes it adds an extra "/" to the URL after the first slash, other times it adds an extra "index.php" to the URL, so it looks like this:

http://www.mysite.com/index.php/index.p ... ch&keyword...

I haven't looked closely enough to see why it's doing this, so I don't know why it doesn't work, but I thought you'd like to know.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:40 am

Johnathan wrote:
Qphoria wrote:

The fix...
Unfortunately, the fix doesn't seem to work properly for me. Sometimes it adds an extra "/" to the URL after the first slash, other times it adds an extra "index.php" to the URL, so it looks like this:

I haven't looked closely enough to see why it's doing this, so I don't know why it doesn't work, but I thought you'd like to know.
Yea, after thinking about it, I have it set to assume there is a subdirectory. You probably have it in the main root so it doesn't work for you... back to the drawing board.

Administrator

Post by jty » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Johnathan wrote:Unfortunately, the fix doesn't seem to work properly for me. Sometimes it adds an extra "/" to the URL after the first slash, other times it adds an extra "index.php" to the URL, so it looks like this:
Try this -
Use Qphoria's fix above if installed in a sub directory

For a root directory install:
Replace the original line

url = 'index.php?route=product/search';
with

url = location.protocol + "//" + location.host + "/";
url += 'index.php?route=product/search';
ie remove Q's code that relates to the patharray
be careful with testing on Xammp as I got conflicting results on xammp

Is there a way to use HTTP_SERVER to fix this ?
Maybe forget about this problem. As no one else has found it for so long, we can pretend we didn't know about it

jty

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:58 pm

I think if not in a subdir, you can use pathArray[0] instead of pathArray[1]
not tested tho

Administrator

Post by jty » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 pm

pathArray[0] works too (tested) but there is still the need to remove the last trailing / to avoid a duplicate //

Having 2 solution's depending on where oc is installed is also not a good standard solution for the people who want/need everything to work by just pressing buttons.

I think the best course of action now is to drop the topic, given that I am the only one complaining since 1.4.0 and I have 2 solutions so everyone is happy or oblivious
If we delete our conversations, then no one will know. When too much time has been wasted, choose "Ignorance is Bliss"

BTW - my xammp install was giving conflicting results cuz my xammp is installed in a subdir while my live test is in the root ::)
Thanks for your help

jty

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:27 pm

jty wrote:pathArray[0] works too (tested) but there is still the need to remove the last trailing / to avoid a duplicate //

Having 2 solution's depending on where oc is installed is also not a good standard solution for the people who want/need everything to work by just pressing buttons.
The best action is for you to settle down. ;D ;D I'm well aware of whats good or not. I'm working on it.

Administrator

Post by mondy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:53 am

b"h

Using OC 1.4.9.1

when you try to use the product file manager, and you close it without selecting, so no image is selected, even not the 'no_image.jpg', and you can't reopen the file manager.

this will resolve it:
admim/catolog/controler/product.php
line 702 ---> } elseif (isset($product_info) && $product_info['image']) {

line 705 --> $this->data['image'] = 'no_image.jpg';

line 934 --> 'file' => 'no_image.jpg'

Mo.

Post by cantykiwi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:38 am

mondy wrote:b"h

Using OC 1.4.9.1

when you try to use the product file manager, and you close it without selecting, so no image is selected, even not the 'no_image.jpg', and you can't reopen the file manager.

this will resolve it:
admim/catolog/controler/product.php
line 702 ---> } elseif (isset($product_info) && $product_info['image']) {

line 705 --> $this->data['image'] = 'no_image.jpg';

line 934 --> 'file' => 'no_image.jpg'

Mo.
Firstly the file is actually in admin/controller/catalog/product.php.

Also I think you might be missing some code for the line at 934 or maybe the line number location is incorrect? the other two are at the line numbers given. Any chance of a bit bigger code snippet to make sure we have the right location?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Post by Meeker » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi, I have installed Opencart 1.4.9.1 plus 1.4.9.2 patch and am using the base template. I've also installed Offline Payment module (from QPhoria). The problem:

When a customer checkouts out and wants to change either the Shipping or Payment address, a "The page you requested cannot be found" error appears where the postcode is supposed to be. That error text is also a link and it goes to

http://www.example.com/index.php?route=checkout/create/postcode

Directly beneath that error, the whole page appears to reload within the New Address window, but all squashed together.

Any ideas?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Meeker wrote:Hi, I have installed Opencart 1.4.9.1 plus 1.4.9.2 patch and am using the base template. I've also installed Offline Payment module (from QPhoria). The problem:

When a customer checkouts out and wants to change either the Shipping or Payment address, a "The page you requested cannot be found" error appears where the postcode is supposed to be. That error text is also a link and it goes to

http://www.example.com/index.php?route=checkout/create/postcode

Directly beneath that error, the whole page appears to reload within the New Address window, but all squashed together.

Any ideas?
There is no checkout/create/postcode function
Should be checkout/guest_step_1
or account/create

The link in the default template looks correct to me

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:37 am

Ah you are right... there is a bug

1. EDIT: catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/address.tpl

2. FIND:

$('#postcode').load('index.php?route=checkout/create/postcode&country_id=<?php echo $country_id; ?>');
3. REPLACE WITH:

$('#postcode').load('index.php?route=checkout/address/postcode&country_id=<?php echo $country_id; ?>');

Administrator

Post by Meeker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:50 am

Much appreciated Qphoria for your prompt solution.

Post by Brook » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 am

I have OpenCart 1.4.9.2 installed. Works great, but I am getting PHP error messages written to my Error Log. I really don't know what is going on. I have looked through the message boards and have not found a solution. Any ideas?

I am getting the following messages written to my OpenCart Admin Error Log

2010-11-14 16:39:58 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: text_error in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/category.tpl on line 12
2010-11-14 17:30:02 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: text_error in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/category.tpl on line 12
2010-11-14 18:59:27 - PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(/homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/cache/cache.category.204.1.0.1289764766) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/library/cache.php on line 26
2010-11-14 20:33:31 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: text_error in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/category.tpl on line 12
2010-11-14 21:30:37 - PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(/homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/cache/cache.category.195.1.0.1289773836) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/library/cache.php on line 26
2010-11-14 22:44:47 - PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(/homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/cache/cache.category.114.1.0.1289778286) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/library/cache.php on line 26
2010-11-14 22:46:55 - PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(/homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/cache/cache.category.95.1.0.1289778407) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/library/cache.php on line 26
2010-11-15 0:24:24 - PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(/homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/cache/cache.category.115.1.0.1289784263) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/library/cache.php on line 26
2010-11-15 0:24:26 - PHP Warning:  unlink(/homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/cache/cache.category.120.1.0.1289784264) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: No such file or directory in /homepages/15/d244334450/htdocs/websites/prod_region/retail/oc149_shopcelebrity/system/library/cache.php on line 50
Does anyone know what is causing these error messages? Any ideas?

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot this error...
1) I have verified that the permissions on the root\system\cache folder is set to 0777
2) I have noticed that the cache files in the system\cache folder get set to 0644 by OpenCart when they get created
3) I have verified with my domain hosting company that my webserver has PHP 5.2.4 installed
4) I have deleted all of the cache files in the root\system\cache folder, OpenCart creates them again once they are deleted.
5) I have deleted the root\system\cache folder and then created a new folder with the same name, permissions set to 0777

After all of my troubleshooting, I still get probably about 20 error messages a day written to my Error Log consistently, no matter what I try to do. Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Post by i2Paq » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:49 am

Mentioned in the 1.4.9.1 BUGS topic: Here
I noticed that in every form that uses a country selectbox, if you by accident change the selected country to
--- Please Select ---
you get an error in the "Post Code" field:

Notice: Undefined index: postcode_required in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/account/create.php on line 431Post Code:
Partly fixed by philpot222 Here.

But be aware, this fix needs to be applied in 4 places!

1. catalog/controller/checkout/address.php
2. catalog/controller/checkout/guest_step_1.php
3. catalog/controller/account/address.php
4. catalog/controller/account/create.php

Old code:

if ($result['postcode_required']) {
                $output = '<span class="required">*</span> ' . $this->language->get('entry_postcode');
                } else {
                        $output = $this->language->get('entry_postcode');
                }

$this->response->setOutput($output, $this->config->get('config_compression'));
        }

Replace with:

$postcodeRequired = (count($result) > 0) ? $result['postcode_required'] : 0;

if ($postcodeRequired) {
                        $output = '<span class="required">*</span> ' . $this->language->get('entry_postcode');
                } else {
                        $output = $this->language->get('entry_postcode');
                }

$this->response->setOutput($output, $this->config->get('config_compression'));
        }

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Alec W » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:24 am

There is still a bug in 1.4.9.2 with email address validation. Something like test@q.com is flagged as being invalid.

@q.com is used by a major US telco provider Qwest Communications and assigned to 100K+ DSL customers for email addresses. Unfortunately the client I am building a store for using opencart has a @q.com as his email address :-\

Is there a php file I can edit as a quick fix?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I am new here.

Post by scotte68 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:32 am

I'm not sure this would be considered a bug, but I am concerned about it. So, I'm posting here.
Please, I'm interested to know your thoughts on this one. Thanks in advance.
  • * I have installed Opencart 1.4.9.1 (clean install) plus 1.4.9.2 patch
    * I'm using FireFox v3.6.12
Issue:
The product options in the Basket disappear when refreshing the screen after a product change.

Steps to Reproduce the issue:
1. Select a product and add it to the cart
2. Click the View Cart link (right sidebar at bottom of the Shopping cart box)
3. Leave the view cart page as is and open a separate tab
4. Login to Admin - Edit the product that is being viewed in the cart
5. Change any parameter - eg (Out of Stock Status on Data Tab)
6. Save the change.
7. Go back to Store Front - Refresh the page
8. All the options disappear.

My workaround for this right now is to be sure I don't edit any products during the day when people are logged in and shopping. But, I'm hoping there is a way to stop the options from disappearing.

Is this a bug?

Note, I tried the same steps and edited / changed a different product from the one I was viewing in the cart.
The production options did not disappear. It only happens when I edit a product that is currently in a customers basket.

Sincerely,
B.Rgds,
Scotte68