Post by rh001 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:21 am

Hi!

I am interested only in replies from those devs who already know the fix for this problem.

A quick definition: since I assume some kind of sort or ordering of product options has to be the case in any query for the set of product options, I’ll use the phrase “ill-sort” to describe that process as it is, rather than non-sort or random-sort.

Problem that needs fix is ill-sorting of product options on admin side. No problem on front-end.

After a little bit of research on my end I have come to suspect that a separate chunk of code is responsible for ill-sort of product options on each of the 4 admin screens where product options are displayed, and maybe too for customer and admin new order and order update emails. I don’t read or write code, and I have formed this opinion by researching on the net, primarily OpenCart community. I was hoping all admin product option sorts used the same code, like a common filter or something like that, but now I think not. Do you know?

Here are the admin screens that require correct sort:

1) Options edit
2) Product edit / options
3) New Order
4) Order history

Here are the emails:

1) admin new order
2) admin order update (I’m not sure admin update is normal OpenCart function – I have extension Order History Advanced that gives me that option)
3) customer new order (when order is entered via the admin)
4) customer order update (when order is entered via the admin)

One observation, not 100% sure about this, but maybe 95%: the ill-sorted product options as seen by the admin when entering order, will be the same order seen by the admin and customer in emails, and the same seen by admin or customer in order history. Not sure what that means, but you probably know. My guess is that ill-sort at time order is placed on admin side is just copied from there into order database entry and from there to order history and emails.

My main concern is the customer experience. In the case of a couple Service Products, I use product options to record and specify key service info. The first option is first for a reason, the second, same and so on. The customer will be a little irritated and dismayed to see ill-sorted options. The Service Products are entered on the admin side. And, btw, if I enter a service product on the front end, product option sort is correct on the screen, correct in emails and correct in order history.

Since my main concern is the customer experience, then I really only need code fix for admin screens #3 and #4 and emails #3 and #4.

Some respondents to my posting on OpenCart forum have suggesting something is wrong with my instance of OpenCart, maybe an artifact of an extension or mod. Yet at OpenCart forum I find many questions about this ill-sorting problem by other users. Way back 2 years ago when I started my OpenCart store design I made a second store (ver 2.0.3.1) on same server which was left un-extensioned and un-modified for reference purposes. I checked that store and it has same ill-sort of options. There is a free extension at OC Marketplace that claims to fix this problem, but as it turns out it only tries to fix the problem on a couple screens, and for whatever reason does not fix the problem in my store.

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=155395 (this didn’t work for me, caused an error. I uninstalled.
viewtopic.php?t=109088 (code here is not ready to go, it required a dev to implement)
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... _license=0 ( did not work for me. I uninstalled)

Maybe there is a good reason why options are ill-sorted for admins, but not customers, however I can’t imagine why….seems like OpenCart team oversight.

I am hoping this options sorting issue can be fixed with an xml file or an extension, something small. Now, I don’t really know what I’m talking about, but I think I prefer a fix that will interrupt OpenCart ill-sorting query for options and replace it with one that orders by option’s sort order number. Cure rather than bandage. In other medical terms, what is needed here is a fix for what looks like an OpenCart birth defect.

OC 2.3.0.2
www.worldproaudio.com

Thanks

Rob Harvey
Last edited by rh001 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Scott_Cis11 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:31 am

Hi Rob,
Please check your inbox.
Can surely assist you.

Br,
Scott W.

Warm regards,
Scott W.
scott.cisin20@gmail.com

Post by andy54 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi Rob,
I am a experienced developer and would be able to help you out on this....
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

Post by deepvyas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Hello ,
I have checked your post detail
Can help you to deliver current expectation
Discuss further email - deepvyas71@gmail.com
Sent you PM

Regards
Deep

Expert Opencart Developer & Designer | S: deepvyas71 | E: deepvyas71@gmail.com

Post by ostechnologies » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:48 am

Hi Rob,

Please check your pm.

Regards,
Manish

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company

Post by kodeplay2018 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello there,

Is this onw fixed ?

It looks like a quick fix in the sql queries of your instance.

Would love to know how it got fixed :)

If it is open - I can work on it as required.

Post by Rayjo_c1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi
Thank you so much for your query. :-)

I can surely assist you with your above mentioned requirements. I request you to kindly add me on Skype so that we can have more precise information regarding it. My Skype id is live:ray_7950 or else you can also mail me on ray.cis100@gmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards
Ray