Post by tomupton » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi All,

Hope your all well and having a fab weekend?

OK im fairly new to OpenCart, so please be gentle with me. I came across this site about a week ago and have been working on a site with it since! I love the lightweightness of the cart compared to others out there, but im keen to have a couple of mods designed for my current site and im hoping someone in here can help ;-)

The site im running at the moment is a drop ship site, it has about 2500 products currently in its database. I managed to import all of these successfully using the xls import. (It did take a few hours to get all of the columns arranged and data laid out tho haha)

Anyway the product stock levels are changing constantly, so im looking for a mod that talks to the dropship website that will update the stock levels within my cart. What i have been thinking is having a cron job created that will cross reference the sku codes and stock qtys against the dropships site, then update the stock levels accordingly.

The dropship site currently provides the data in xml or via xls format.

So anyway the above is the first module im looking at having created. The next is to get this module working correctly (admin product filter by category) - http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... sion_id=37

I personally feel this should have been originally implemented with the standard cart release!

Anyway please provide me with some quotes for the work, and estimated timescale.

I would be looking at starting these next week ;-)

Tom

Post by karan2 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Tom

the category filter requirement in the admin is a quick one .

for the drop ship cron job , let us discuss the exact fields needing to be synchronised .
we will have to look into the drop ship website functionality to identify the custom fields(if any ).

After having a quick look into the details , we will come up with a time estimate .

(As of now , looks like this can be done within a time of 2 weeks at most with unit testing and regregression testing , surely )

Looking forward to a discussion to kickstart :)

Thanks and regards ,
Karan Ahuja
gtalk - info@kodeplay.com
skype - karan.ahuja2
http://www.kodeplay.com