Post by JIMSLITA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 am

Hi there

I am looking for someone to help provide an invoicing solution for us. It appears from a few previous threads that other people have needed to similar things (albeit for different reasons) and so I am sure that it is possible and I hope not too difficult! I have already contacted one developer who has tackled something to this previously but I am keen to ensure that I have a solution in place in a timely manner so I thought I would post publicly here too.

Our business sells both new and second hand products in Europe.

We are registered for VAT.

For the 2nd hand goods which we sell we operate using the VAT margin scheme, rather than the standard VAT scheme - which means that whilst we pay VAT on the sale to HMRC we do not (and can not) show VAT as a separate value on the invoice to the customer. When we sell new goods we display VAT on the invoice as usual. If a customer wants to buy both used and new goods at the same time then there are 2 issues.

The first is that any shipping costs have to be split proportionately between the used and new goods (see this thread ​http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=55321)

The second issue is that whilst the client can pay for the items together, with VAT shown on the screen in the cart, we need to separate the items out for the purpose of the paper invoices which are dispatched with the goods, so that the VAT rules are respected for each type of goods.

I know that others have required similar solutions for drop shippers etc in the past - we are simply looking at separating two groups of products - taxable and non taxable goods into 2 separate invoices.

I hope that this makes sense! If anyone needs any more clarification please PM or post here and I shall update the OP to be clearer.

I look forward to hearing from interested parties asap.

Kind regards

Jim

OC v 1.5.4 with alot of tweaks,exts & mods.

Post by pedro1993 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:41 am

Perhaps I am missing something, but in OpenCart you can assign different tax classes to products. So you can assign new products to the "Taxable Goods" class and the second hand items to "None" or another tax class?

This won't split the invoice, but it will prevent tax from being added to each second hand item?

Peter

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by JIMSLITA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi Peter

You are right that I can assign different tax status to the 2 kinds of products - but what I can't do is split the invoices into 2 - one for taxable goods and one for non-taxable goods.

In a very simple example:

OpenCart basket (Order ID 00001)

Product A - 18€ inc VAT @20%
Product B - 15€ (no VAT)
Subtotal - 30€
VAT @ 20% - 3€
Total - 33€

Invoice 1
Product A - 18€
Subtotal - 15€
VAT @ 20% - 3€
Total - 18€

Invoice 2

Product B - 15€
Subtotal - 15€
Total - 15€

Jim

Post by darshshah » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Hello Jim,

Based on your description, I clearly understand your requirement. Yeah it's possible different invoice for non-taxable as well as taxable goods, but we have need to change customization in core php files, so can you allowed for that? Because when you upgrade opencart vesion so you have need to change manually that changes.

So Can We discuss on further on my id: shahdarshanv@gmail.com ?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Darshan Shah

(+91 9958834339)

Location - Rajkot

Post by JIMSLITA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:13 pm

HI Darshan

Thanks for your reply.

We are prepared to consider all possible solutions - I am currently out of the office but will contact you when I am back in.

Regards

Jim

Post by pedro1993 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi Jim,

I have sent you a PM.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Peter

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by JIMSLITA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Thanks Peter

I have replied to you by PM

Regards

Jim