Post by jeffserv » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:29 am

I would like to change the home page to not show the lastest products... I would like it to just show a welcome message... in larger text... Can you help me here?

I put all my products on in order... and the last ones are not the ones I would want to show when you first log in...

Another thing that may work, is if this showed random products... If not then not products at all...

Thanks in advance for your support... I think this is the last issue I have... :)

Post by Qphoria » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Read this post first so you can understand the structure of OpenCart..

Then take a look at the template for the home file. You can remove it there.

But it is also easy to add randomizing to the latest products, which also makes more sense to me. I've not done it yet, but google mysql randomize

Administrator

Post by jeffserv » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks O,

I was able to locate the home.tpl file.... way down in content I believe... I removed the references to the Lastest products for the home page, and added my own welcome statement. This is working fine. I also told the html code to make the statement text larger... which also worked good. All in all I am not 100% what I was messing with... but tried and it worked.

Thanks,

Jeff

Post by jeffserv » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:20 pm

O,

What post should I read?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:46 am

well this forum should be locked, the post is on the new http://forum.opencart0.com site

But it sounds like you got it figured out.

Administrator