Post by finishwell » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Okay guys. I was really excited when I saw this product but ….. after several hours of fighting things I guess I need to post a few issues. I did a clean install of 0.7.9. Install was successful. Front end looked good. Logged into Admin, started modifying things. So far so good.

1. Then I notice the prices being displayed. Wrong. Here is the current status:

Products / Data -
Requires Shipping: No
Tax Class: None
Price 49.9500

Extensions / Shipping –
Flat Rate: Disabled
Per Item Rate: Disabled
Zone: Disabled

Settings / Local –
Display Prices with Tax: No

The price displayed is 92.93. What am I missing?

2. Category Images do not display, even though they show as selected in the Admin panel

3. What does Admin Update icon do?

I am otherwise very pleased with the product. It is full featured with a nice admin and attractive front end theme. If we can deal with the pricing problem, I should be able to make good use of this software.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Post by DWWD » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm

The currency combo in your store may well be set to US Dollars. Try setting it to GBP?

$92.93 is what I get for a £49.95 product in my 0.7.9 system. Have you set the currency to Pounds Sterling in Admin / Settings / Local?

Edit: Of course, I've just found that if I change the currency to USD in the default template, then switch templates (to one without the currency combo) all my prices are in USD. So I guess the Admin setting just controls the "base" currency of products added within Admin and the store currency is held somewhere else (database I guess).
Last edited by DWWD on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our extensions: Royal Mail Shipping API; Copy Coupon; Checkout Address Formats
Our OpenCart store: Delves Wood Bears

Location - Moulton, Spalding

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:06 pm

1. Change your USD currency exchange rate to 1.000. If it's still not right, delete the "cache.*" files  in your ftp /cache/ folder

2. Category images weren't really designed that way at the first level. They only show as images when they are subcategories of higher categories.

3. Refreshes the data from the database.... better name would be "Reset Form"

Administrator

Post by finishwell » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:45 am

DWWD wrote: The currency combo in your store may well be set to US Dollars. Try setting it to GBP?

$92.93 is what I get for a £49.95 product in my 0.7.9 system. Have you set the currency to Pounds Sterling in Admin / Settings / Local?

Edit: Of course, I've just found that if I change the currency to USD in the default template, then switch templates (to one without the currency combo) all my prices are in USD. So I guess the Admin setting just controls the "base" currency of products added within Admin and the store currency is held somewhere else (database I guess).

DWWD,

Thanks for the thought. I did have currency set at USD. The correlation between the dollar and pound figures points to the issue. I just needed the solution, which Qphoria provides below :)

Post by finishwell » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:48 am

Qphoria wrote: 1. Change your USD currency exchange rate to 1.000. If it's still not right, delete the "cache.*" files  in your ftp /cache/ folder

2. Category images weren't really designed that way at the first level. They only show as images when they are subcategories of higher categories.

3. Refreshes the data from the database.... better name would be "Reset Form"
1. Changing the exchange rate did it!
2. ok
3. got it

Thanks for the help. I look forward to better learning this software and making good use of it.

Warm regards,
Dave