Post by purist » Sat May 03, 2008 10:24 am

Greetings from superyachtwear.com

This may sound very elementary.
I have been looking for a way to change the welcome guest paragraph on my home page for 3 weeks now.

I have been looking in catalogue/template/ Default/css to no avail.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Captain Stevenson

Post by Luvz2drv » Sat May 03, 2008 5:03 pm

wow you could have solved that realy quick instead of new topic.. hit search...

why would you look in css for a language  setting.... hmmm 

i give you another hint for once you find your way... if you look in the url you see control=

after the = is a name    that name 99.9% of the time is the file in the language folder you want...

Please make use of th search button... it works..  it not google but finds lots of great family safe information(so far)

Global Moderator

Post by weniggary » Sun May 04, 2008 5:33 am

It is not that easy to find, it is in the: Catalog-language-English-controller-home.php
be sure to leave the '; control characters after the

// Text
$_['text_greeting'] = 'Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?';
$_['text_latest']  = 'Latest Products';
?>

Location - Kansas City, MO, USA

Post by ericchow » Sun May 04, 2008 9:02 am

Thanks so much...

Post by Toodles » Mon May 26, 2008 10:51 am

Yes thank you to Weniggary who explains in a kind way that we humans can understand.  Super maniacs like the previous poster before weinggary, who have the world figured out and speak a different language that generally tend to speak down to the mongaloids that we are.

With that said, Thank you very much weniggary...for being very informative and kind about it.  It is your posts that seem to be of the greatest help.

Post by hm2k » Mon May 26, 2008 8:08 pm

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK

Post by weniggary » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:57 am

I got a great tip from Bruce all new users need to know. Notepad++ is available at CNET for free http://www.download.com/Notepad-/3000-2 ... .html 

Among lots of great features this program will allow you to search the entire Open Cart directory all at once for text strings. This beats the heck out of searching through each folder separately.

Location - Kansas City, MO, USA

Post by gmjjam » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:11 pm

weniggary wrote: It is not that easy to find, it is in the: Catalog-language-English-controller-home.php
be sure to leave the '; control characters after the

// Text
$_['text_greeting'] = 'Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?';
$_['text_latest']   = 'Latest Products';
?>

I appreciate your answer...from one newbie to another...this is not as easy as they say unless your familiar with some of this stuff, and I'm not that's why under my name it says newbie.