Post by tjsystems » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:19 pm

tjsystems wrote:
tjsystems wrote:Is there gone be any feedback from the OC-team about suggestions/comments/input from the community that are made on Uservoice?

I don't see any reactions from you guys...

BUMP
bump2

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.

Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:59 pm

gowri wrote:i have social post link module, module name 'social post' its doesn't work i have an error 'Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.'? pls anybody knows this? pls reply me as soon as possible
Please post it under Board index ‹ OpenCart 2.0 Support ‹ Extensions Support ‹ Modules. Or even better, get in touch with the author of this module.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by jclout » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:32 pm

In the Comments area: Reverse the order. I would like to see the newer post first and the older posts last.

Post by rudiana » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:47 am

Just want to give a suggestion to be included in next release. If you people notice there are a large no. of comments for the famous extensions and for the info a user is looking for he has to shuffle through all the horde of pages :)

Post by clickmyoffer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:26 am

Unless someone can provide very compelling reasons why many fields are arbitrarily marked as * mandatory, I would like to suggest that, as site owners we should have the prerogative of deciding what fields users will be required to fill in. I asked this question before and was advised that all I needed to do would be to delete one asterisk and insert some code. Well, needless to say that’s not very inspirational to a non-coder – non-developer. Would this change require a re-writing of the core files?

Thank you

Please Remember This Life's Lesson
"The Problems We Have Created Cannot Be Solved
At The Level Of Thinking That Created Them"

Location - Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada

Post by Greg Houston » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:37 pm

- Would like to be able to update from within the Admin like you can with WordPress. As it is, updating seems a little overwhelming.
- In Catalog > Downloads I would like a table column for File Size and another column for Date Last Updated
- Would like to be able to export my customer names and emails

Post by dswtpl » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi

i do strongly suggest that new version should includes:

- SEO Friendly URL manage from the admin side. There are many links do not manage on the admin side. like contact us page, login, register, account etc...

It should be option on admin side where client will put the seo friendly Url.

Regards,

Post by Greg Houston » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:31 am

Upgrade Path, the ability to update from a previous product purchase to a new release. For example, the customer bought version 1 or 2 for $100. Version 3 is released and retails for $100, but can be upgraded from version 1 or 2 for only $50.

Post by iamafaker » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 am

Please allow admin to choose timezone for their store.....

Post by labeshops » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 am

Greg Houston wrote:Upgrade Path, the ability to update from a previous product purchase to a new release. For example, the customer bought version 1 or 2 for $100. Version 3 is released and retails for $100, but can be upgraded from version 1 or 2 for only $50.
You could do this already with customer groups and discounts.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:09 am

labeshops wrote:
Greg Houston wrote:Upgrade Path, the ability to update from a previous product purchase to a new release. For example, the customer bought version 1 or 2 for $100. Version 3 is released and retails for $100, but can be upgraded from version 1 or 2 for only $50.
You could do this already with customer groups and discounts.
I think they're referring to extension store purchases

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by dswww » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:49 pm

Opencart 2 is my favorite e-ecommerce platform, but I have one sugestion. It would be good if the module positions transferred to the presentation layer. So that their positions and amount depend on the idea of the template designer. A similar solution has Joomla. ::)

Tworzenie stron WWW | Fireplace Shop London

Location - Poland

Post by iplocker » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Hello.

Is there is any point to post our suggestions ?
I think they are ignored as I see in the features were added at the latest releases of OC .
At least we have some bugs solved, better than nothing ;)

Thanks

Post by Iamdbat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:37 am

Please Please Please - can you change the database structure to make a product associate with MANY manufactures - I have been asking and waiting for a long time and I'm not the only one either - Manuacturers should work like the category or filter adition in the back end - surely it cant be that hard to do and thousands of us using OC could really use it - I'm begging - please include it it is very nessecary to hundreds of industries

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:58 pm

pretty sure "thousands of us" is an exaggeration. I've never seen a request for this before on the forums. It would also break backwards compatibility for tens of thousands (not an exaggeration) of stores. I'm not even sure why you would need multiple manufacturers, but chances are this won't be implemented in the core. You'd be better getting this created by a private contractor

Guru Member

Post by CypherUK » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Still think we need the ability to be able to choose if we want the sample data installing when setting up a new store. A simple 'tickbox' during the installation process.

But... I've been saying this for some time now and it's still making me go back through the system and remove all the crap i don't need.

I'll add this request to the next improvement suggestion thread of OC3.0 when it comes around ;)

Location - Essex, United Kingdom

Post by Iamdbat » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:59 pm

JAY6390 wrote:pretty sure "thousands of us" is an exaggeration. I've never seen a request for this before on the forums. It would also break backwards compatibility for tens of thousands (not an exaggeration) of stores. I'm not even sure why you would need multiple manufacturers, but chances are this won't be implemented in the core. You'd be better getting this created by a private contractor
Well let me put it this way to you - My industry and ALL component / parts industries NEED to associate one product with m any brands - I take it you have a washing machine? - well let me tell you that your brand of washing machine is most likely part of a brand group but leaving that aside if you needed a part for it what is the first criteria you would search under? Your brand name of course but what your not aware of is that quite a number of components in your washing machine are used by other brands also! - Would you suggest that you create the part/product numerous times to cater for this? Of course you wouldn't.

With regards to a private contractor - went down this route - and wasn't completed properly at all. I really dont see what the big deal is in making a many t0o many relationship in the database for manufacturers - after all categories are done this way aren't they? And how could it break backward compatibility at all? Most of the so called extension / modifications are obsolete after a few months with amateur developers ot bothering to update them

Post by rph » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Manufacturer and part compatibility are really two separate ideas. You may want to try using a combination of categories and product filters to achieve your needs. Otherwise custom work may be required.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Iamdbat wrote:I take it you have a washing machine? - well let me tell you that your brand of washing machine is most likely part of a brand group but leaving that aside if you needed a part for it what is the first criteria you would search under? Your brand name of course but what your not aware of is that quite a number of components in your washing machine are used by other brands also!
I'm well aware of how electrical goods have parts from various manufacturers inside them. I've dealt with laptop components just plenty. That doesn't mean they have numerous manufacturers though does it. It just means people will search for it with the wrong manufacturer. This is why components have part numbers

Iamdbat wrote:I really dont see what the big deal is in making a many t0o many relationship in the database for manufacturers - after all categories are done this way aren't they? And how could it break backward compatibility at all?
This is where you're making an assumption on how OpenCart links categories and manufacturers. They don't work in the same way at all. Manufacturers are set in a single column in the 'product' table, where as categories are in a HABTM table called 'product_to_category'. Could you do the same with manufacturers - of course. But like I said, it will break backwards compatibility with any extension expecting the manufacturer_id to be in the product table where it should be. I appreciate that in your circumstance allowing multiple manufacturers can be beneficial, but to say it's needed by thousands of OpenCart stores isn't really true.

As for your bad experience with a developer, this is unfortunate but it happens. I've had the same problem subcontracting work before now. You should do some research on anyone you hire off the forums. Personally I don't hire anyone not in the UK/USA as the developers from both of these are usually very good at speaking and comprehending English and the code is of a better standard. I've also had good experiences with developers from Germany, Spain, Poland and the Netherlands but obviously English isn't the native language so things can get lost in translation sometimes. If you're unsure, ask a developer for references from website owners that have had work done on their OpenCart sites first

RPH makes a good point with using product filters. That would work and wouldn't affect usability

Guru Member

Post by Iamdbat » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:41 pm

I have tried every which way using filters etc but that little link down the bottom called 'brand' throws that idea out without removing the php from the template which can be done of course (not that I'm an expert)

Thousands of us is a figure of speech - I wouldn't know how many people but I'm sure a lot of users would find this useful

I have used filters etc but your looking at maybe 7 or 800 different manufacturers which slows the cart down on occasion

Brown Goods and White Goods are two different industries and the use of part numbers is well used in my industry but a joe soap won't know what part number they are looking for - the first approach would be 'What is my appliance' What is the brand of that appliance, what is the model number of that appliance and what is the part you are looking for

I'm in this industry 40 years and there is NO off the shelf software that caters for my industry at all and the mega sites out there are all bespoke - I cant afford that. I guess I'll just have to stick with filters but it seems extaordinary that its not a fairly simple database change in principle. As far as backward compatibility is concerned .... Is that not what extension updates are for? even with a charge?