As might be expected , I'm going to have a few newbie questioins regarding the install.
1. Take a backup of ALL your files and database.
2. Copy config.php to myconfig.php and admin/config.php to admin/myconfig.php
3. Upload new files and folders.
4. Restore a copy of config.php and admin/config.php
LIne 2. these are the files in the live cart that you want me to backup ? And then after the upload of the other new files, I re-upload these two (config.php and admin/config.php), preserving the MY original config data ?
5. Make sure config.php and admin/config.php is writable.
7. Make sure config.php and admin/config.php is are not writable.
I am going to change the CHMOD from non writable to writable for the above for the upgrade/install,
then chaning it back again to not writable afterwards.
Just want to make sure. Because I really have no idea what I'm doing. So I just follow instructions as best I can. This should be alot easier than the original install and getting it right for the mysql database setup. (as you may or maynot recall).
I appreciate your assistance and patience for all we newbies.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests