So if you always want to test with the absolute latest build, even newer than the last RC or Final release, you can get the SVN version of the code.
SVN seems intimidating, but it is actually quite simple to use. For windows, the client plugs right into the windows right-click menus, so it's as easy as copy & paste.
1. Download and install the latest version of TortoiseSVN. (Reboot if needed)
2. Right-click on your desktop or any windows folder and you should see a few new menu items. Select "TortoiseSVN -> Repo Browser"
3. It should ask you for a URL. Enter:
and click OK. (see figure1 attached)
Code: Select all
4. You should see a new window load that looks very similar to Windows Explorer. Using this window, you can select the directory of the version you want to download. The latest version is always suffixed with "current".
5. Select that folder on the left side. On the right side, right-click the "upload" folder and choose "Export". Save it to the location you want to save the latest version of OpenCart. (see Figure2 attached)
6. Once complete, you can then upload that "upload" folder to your server and run the install like normal.
That's it! You can see all the new changes we make on the google code project site for OpenCart:
- Sometimes the SVN code is untested or incomplete so somethings might not work until they are fully completed and tested
- If testing the SVN and reporting a bug, please refer to the revision number (i.e. r280) so we know where the bug might have started.