Post by affect » Fri May 02, 2014 2:54 am

Would you OpenCart guys clear the following thing up for me?

Our sales data for April (after 20% commission): $312.00 + $312.00 + $224.00 + $224.00 = $1090.00

OpenCart payout at the end of the month (as displayed in our account): PayPal Payment $-1,028.00 ($62 gone)

The actual amount we've received via PayPal: OpenCart Ltd sent you $1,007.44 USD ($21 more gone, $83 in total)

So, $83 disappeared without trace on the way to our PayPal account.

And if I could explain the difference between the total amount and the amount paid out with the fact that OpenCart withholds the PayPal fee (even though this isn't specified anywhere), then the difference between the amount displayed as paid and the actual amount paid looks like cheating and hoping no one notices. And this in addition to the ambiguous refund policy I mentioned in my last most.

So, explanation anyone? Seriously, we don't mind you taking a cut from our sales, but if it says 20% then make it 20% and not 20% + a random amount on top. Don't take it personally, Daniel (if you ever get to read this), but this is not what a professional ecommerce company should look like.

MultiMerch Marketplace for OpenCart

Post by Johnathan » Fri May 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Don't worry, OpenCart does not have hidden fees. I've done some research on balances between payments and sales in my account in the past, and they always match up. A discrepency can arise from a few things:

(1) The time zone difference -- the OpenCart team is based in Hong Kong, and their cutoff for the end of the month sometimes includes/excludes a few sales. These are always included in the next month if they did not make it into the last month.

(2) A refund given on a past order (that is, before the current month) will affect the current total being sent. So even if your sales data says you should be getting a certain amount, any refund given on a previous order will reduce that.

(3) Depending on where you live, you may have PayPal fees for accepting the payment. Sometimes this is a flat fee, other times it may be a percentage of the payment. You can find the fee charged by looking at the details in the PayPal transaction, but note that if the fee is paid on OpenCart's end, it won't appear in your transaction.

It's likely one of these things that is happening. If you really cannot figure it out, and it seems like a mistake has been made, then contact the OpenCart team. Nothing is infallible, so there's always a chance there's been an error somewhere.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by MarketInSG » Mon May 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Opencart make payouts through mass payment, and there is a fee for receiving the payment (PayPal takes that fees, and just reflect the remaining amount to you in the email). There's a cap of $50 for the fees. So far, I haven't seen the system calculating wrongly, but you're free to contact OpenCart on it.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by IP_CAM » Sat May 10, 2014 11:24 pm

grrrr
Last edited by IP_CAM on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by affect » Sat May 17, 2014 7:21 am

Thanks guys, I've received a response from Daniel. Probably you're right. We'll see how it goes this month.

MultiMerch Marketplace for OpenCart