Post by thekrotek » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Does anybody watch these forums? There're multiple JS errors all over the site.

For example, I can't insert any BBCodes in reply due to these errors, have to type them manually:

ReferenceError: initInsertions is not defined
ReferenceError: storeCaret is not defined

Other JS errors prevent me from using "Mark All" and "Unmark All" buttons - it simply moves me to the top of the page every time I click the button.

Also new topic/reply notifications stopped coming. And I don't see Subscribe to Forum button anymore. Let alone images are not opening, if you set "Display images within posts" to Yes in board preferences. The latter issue exists like... forever.

There're plenty good and stable forum engines out there, why use this... thing? It never worked properly since the beginning.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:46 pm

Moderators have mentioned it in the moderator sub-forum, but no one that has the power to fix it has done anything about it. Maybe if people post here about how frustrating this is, someone on the OpenCart team will take notice.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by thekrotek » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:23 am

Johnathan wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:46 pm
Moderators have mentioned it in the moderator sub-forum, but no one that has the power to fix it has done anything about it. Maybe if people post here about how frustrating this is, someone on the OpenCart team will take notice.
Yeah, thanks, Johnathan mate. Short version: nobody cares, as usual. This is very frustrating, to be honest.

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:15 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm
There're plenty good and stable forum engines out there, why use this... thing? It never worked properly since the beginning.
Could you name only one?
I am working with forums now since almost more than 15 years, phpBB is the one with the most stable base.
And have enough room to customize.
And this customization here is the culprit - not the core itself.

Seeing daily so called forums (PayPal and many others) which are useless and not to handle.
Daniel told me to contact him per PM directly if such bugs are exist - give it a try.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:37 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:15 pm
Could you name only one?
I am working with forums now since almost more than 15 years, phpBB is the one with the most stable base.
And have enough room to customize.
phpBB is a free forum engine and it's quite outdated, if you ask me. Customizable, yes, but any no-free product with good team behind it will always be better.

I use IPS Community Suite (former IP Board). This isn't a free forum engine, but it worth every penny. Great framework with API and hooks system similar to WordPress. You can customize it anyway you like, using 3rd party extensions or develop your own. I specialize on this framework along with OpenCart, Joomla and WordPress.

Developers constantly update IPS CS, adding new features and making it more mobile friendly. In my opinion, this is the best forum engine ever created. It evolved drastically in the last 10 years.

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Well, BBCodes work again, after beeing out of order for some months.
But the FOO Process is back to the former 'page up page down,
then manually enter the new Foo Name again' way of doing things.
But the good thing about this Place is, that you never know, what's
coming next ..... :laugh:
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland