Post by BL/\DE » Wed May 23, 2012 1:52 am

Hi,

Ive been searching through this forum a long time now but could not find an answer to this question.

As you know, usually when a customer adds multiple items to the cart and checks out, a single invoice with all items is created and sent to the customer. However, I would love to use OC to sell tickets online, therefore I would like to know if it is possible to have each item that is bought invoiced separately and recorded as a separate order/transaction. Each invoice can then act as a ticket which the customer can print out. It would not really be practical to have one invoice for three tickets, as one can imagine.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am sure there would be more people who could use OC this way.

Version is 1.5.1.3
Link: http://waterfrontboats.co.za/shop24/

Post by BL/\DE » Fri May 25, 2012 2:46 am

If any one can help with regards to this problem, we are willing to offer a per hour payment for it.

Post by straightlight » Fri May 25, 2012 5:07 am

I would like to know if it is possible to have each item that is bought invoiced separately and recorded as a separate order/transaction.
No, since each orders are already unique as a single invoice ID per goods are generated which also the payment gateway processing / offline payment processing already saves the information from customers. Even though a merchant would find the way to split the orders, each of these orders would need to be conformed copy with the payment processing anyhow.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by BL/\DE » Fri May 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Oh I see your point. Clever. Thanks for your reply straightlight.

If then, like you said, we would have one invoice / order to be processed for all the items bought, is it still possible to write a function that will then send a separate email to the user for each product processed in the order? (that would in effect allow the client to print out these emails as tickets)

I would imagine logic like this: foreach product in invoice send mail to purchaser (does that make sense?)

If you could just help me with the function part that would be awesome! The rest I will waste my own time on.

Post by straightlight » Fri May 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Rather than foreaching the results for separate emails, especially when no cron jobs are involved regarding email server resources, it would rather be recommended to generate PDF invoices over emails regarding detailed products you might have since this is about the ease of printing the invoices. ;)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by BL/\DE » Fri May 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Yes, that is a great idea, thanks. I would also rather use PDFs now that you mention it.

How though would you recommend I go about having PDFs generated for each product and sending them through to the user? Is there an addon that can accomplish this function? Ive searched, but I only found this:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ESC&page=4

But I dont think it can send an email per item bought. Is custom coding necessary?

Thanks.

BL/\DE

Post by straightlight » Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 pm

That is the point, with PDFs generated, you don't need to send separated emails for each purchased items. Generated PDFs assembles all the order in one peace and split the content into separate pages and sends the results as one PDF over email instead of the customer having to receive separated emails and for the merchant to send countless emails which would use enormous server email resources except when a cron job would be involved. Establishing a cron job would maintain email server resources but would be useless to do in this case since, again, the PDFs are being generated to assemble all the required pages in order for customers to keep a copy and print as much as they want on their end.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by BL/\DE » Mon May 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Yes thats what I need! Which addon do you recommend is the best for this function? So then, to make sure, it will be able to split all the items in an order into separate pages in the pdf, correct? So if I order 2 x Sunset Boat Trip, I will get an email with one two paged pdf file; 1 page with one Sunset Boat Trip and another page again with a Sunset Boat trip. The customer can then print out each as a separate ticket, not one page which says "2 x Sunset Boat Trip".

Thanks for your help so far.

BL/\DE

Post by straightlight » Mon May 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Unless there's a fresh contribution on the market that says otherwise, at this time, I don't believe there's a published contribution that does process those requests as such.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by BL/\DE » Mon May 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Ok thats what I wanted to know. I guess custom coding is required then :(

Thank you for your help.

________

BL/\DE

Post by BL/\DE » Wed May 30, 2012 12:22 am

We are offering to pay anyone who can help us implement this.

BL/\DE

Post by BL/\DE » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Oh and I managed to solve this by creating a foreach loop in the order.php file. Works pretty well.

Post by Mycr0 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:55 pm

@BL/\DE

Can you tell how you solve it ?