Feel free to use and give me feedback there.
Right now I'm developing a theme framework, not decide the name yet but at least it's already 60% done. And I can't hold my self to share the concept here hehee..
I develope a theme framework because my concern about how an extension -sometime- not work seamlessly with a themes nowadays, vice versa. When someone develope an extension or a theme, they will always start to use the default Opencart feature, either default theme or modules. And with this framework, if an extension work with Opencart default theme, it will work seamlessly with the framework.
Now we already have vQmod to solve some development problem, but we need a boilerplate code to make a good theme without messing the Opencart system. So I decide to deprecate my eManager and use some part of them for the framework with ton of improvement. I develope the framework with three key concept: design possibilities, product compatibility and user experience.
This Theme Framework will be available for free, released under the MIT and GPL licenses. All developer will be allowed to use the framework for their commercial project, including for commercial themes they sold. I will include the detail when release.
My target right now is Done and Working (ETA 3rd week of March).
Here some list of the concept ( already done):
- The framework use an xml file as theme profiles to ensure there is no conflict when user use two or more themes based on the framework.
- At theme_profiles.xml file you will see:
- Theme identity: name, version, author, list of vqmod file, list of module position supported by theme.
- List of vQmod: used on theme activation. When a theme activated on Opencart setting page, vqmod file belong to current theme will be enabled and other theme vqmod will be disabled to avoid conflict.
- Module position: automatically insert the position to all modules on Opencart admin.
- Theme manager (including snippet code) and stylesheet editor that used to be part of -unreleased- eManager (lol...).
- Builtin two type megamenu: compact and plain (sreenshot). Plus snippet code (basic editor) to customize through admin page.
- Use html5 and css3; plus microdata (need more test).
- and more..