Post by halalan » Tue May 12, 2009 8:14 am

Although not always needed sometimes a product such as mug printing and canvas art may need the CUSTOMER to be able to UPLOAD an image during the order process of a product.

I think this could be a nice option maybe making it a choice possibly under the
PRODUCT -> OPTION setup under administration.

Somehow set the file size and image type and allow it as an upload as part of the product purchase.

NOTE: For cart creation it also would be easier to have a SITE WIDE product option set up where many products may use the same option choices.

Helping Each Other With Knowledge....
WHPOA.NET CTOA.NET CEMETERYTN.COM

Location - U.S.A.

Guru Member

Post by halalan » Fri May 15, 2009 8:30 pm

I think image uploading by the customer would be another excellent addition to this already great product.

Location - U.S.A.

Post by Daniel » Sun May 17, 2009 6:34 am

yeah this is a feature that would be wanted be a very limited number oif sites. there is no way this would be included in a core release.

Administrator

Post by halalan » Mon May 18, 2009 5:10 am

I think you would be surprised how many business would like this added as a core feature option. Additionally, the fact that very FEW current shopping carts offer this feature, it would help give it one more item to help it stand out from the others.

If you can't stand out from all the other shopping carts how will you grow !!! It's a great product with a great backend. Those little extras..help will help it succeed even more ! :-)

Location - U.S.A.

Post by Daniel » Mon May 18, 2009 5:35 am

the only people that would use this are t-shirt companies.

hey if this is a requirm,ent for one of your clients sites i surrgest you post it in the commercial section.

Administrator

Post by halalan » Mon May 18, 2009 7:32 am

Daniel wrote:the only people that would use this are t-shirt companies.
hey if this is a requirm,ent for one of your clients sites i surrgest you post it in the commercial section.
Good idea, I may post it on the commercial section. However, you are incorrect in regards to the only people who would use it. But it could also allow pdf files and doc files and such.

Besides a t-shirt company, also any photo site for canvas and other type of prints, Any printing services site for items such as promotions items, Any digital service site that may need customer artwork uploaded, additionally service companies that may need customers files uploaded such as PDF files for contracts or other documents that the CUSTOMER would need to UPLOAD, etc..etc..etc.. (I always think outside the box) plus again, it would seperate this product form every other same old shopping cart.

Location - U.S.A.

Post by javarog » Mon May 18, 2009 7:54 am

I have to agree with this feature, I just posted in the comercial board for a add text mod and I need the image upload also I have a client that does engraving and needs this option, I think this would be bigger than one would think. I use cubecart alot and looks like I am switching to this cart however I had to buy 2 mods from Estelle for this feature already. ^-^

Post by halalan » Mon May 18, 2009 8:49 am

Oh, Also, custom BOOK PUBLISHING sites too. (just to name a few).

Location - U.S.A.

Post by halalan » Thu May 28, 2009 11:13 am

I have researched most of the ecommerce open source products on the market and only one currently offers the ability to add to the product a attribute for image upload and or text inputed comments provided by the customer.

However, Trust me here....there is a very large demand for this simple feature to be available. I am happy to pay to have this implemented, however its only worth it to me if it will be allowed to be part of the CORE product.

I believe it will generate a whole new base of potential users for this OpenCart project. The backend of this is by far the easiest to train someone on, and this one extra feature is such a highly desired addition !!!!

Location - U.S.A.

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 28, 2009 11:40 am

its part of the core in the upcoming version of what used to be OpenCart 0.x 8)

Administrator

Post by phpuk » Thu May 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Qphoria,
its part of the core in the upcoming version of what used to be OpenCart 0.x
What is the new name of OpenCart 0.x ?

Phil.

Global Moderator

Post by wortek » Fri May 29, 2009 3:56 am

Hi everyone. I was looking for a good open shopping cart for my printing company e-shop. Then i suddenly found Opencart and I liked it so much. But it doesn't have the above described feature to upload an image or file to the product. Well actually I have a t-shirt designer I made on flash tat generate an image of user design and put it on the server, I plan to put it in the description of the product, the only thing now i need is somehow to upload the generated image in the product so the client could make a design for chosen product and I could see his design for the concrete product of his order after he makes an order.
Well I think it will be enough if I could only connect a name of the design image with the product ordered, It could be implemented if there was a field of comments for each product and It was possible to put a name of design in there.
Any suggestions?

Thanx
Vlad

P.S. Is there someone who could make a commercial contrib which will make above described?

Post by liposuctionguide » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:51 pm

this is a great idea.... having your picture to be seen by other members... that would be a great idea...

I hope this feature will be on soon....

Good luck..

Liposuction Guide

Post by Daniel » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Ok I will add this.

It won't be in the next version, maybe the version after.

If anyone has already started this please post the code so I have somewhere to start with.

Administrator

Post by wilde-uk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Daniel could you tell me when you might expect to complete this feature? It is a prerequisite for our business of canvas printing, so without it your cart is not useful to us.

Post by Daniel » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:57 pm

its not going to be soon.

you need to pay some one in the commercial section.

Do all products on your site require this feature or just some?

How many extra fileds is there going to be?

THere are 2 ways of doing this. you can just stor ethe infor n a session or you could change the options so that on the prouct pages you can define what field to use.

Administrator

Post by usmcc2000 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:38 pm

What is the possibility of simply changing the input type when setting up options for products from the admin section? Similar to a standard HTML form, instead of having nothing but drop-down boxes with pre-determined answers, allow users to input their own text.

This would be very helpful for creating custom order forms that are integrated into the shopping cart/checkout process. This would also allow for the image upload feature to be integrated into the custom ordering process. One of my clients does custom laser etching and needs to take orders for custom wording and logos on plaques and other products (to add to the list of those who would need this functionality).

To take this one step further, what about an instant preview. The user types his text, uploads his logo, and sees what his plaque will look like when completed. The may be a bit ambitious, but a module like this could be a very hot seller.

Post by readyman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:14 am

This is not the upload images you want, but I've just completed the text options for products contribution.
You can get it here - http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=189

With some similar hacks, file upload could be possible too. Look at the code, you might be able to figure it out.

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by wzheng163 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:32 pm

I would like to see this new feature of having customers be able to upload files at the order or product level be included in the new release. We are in the printing business, and our customer would need to upload multiple files at a time.

I have done a lot of research now, and found out that currently two shopping carts have this feature: one is Product Cart, and other other is LiveCart. And I know that some other shopping carts are coming up with this new feature, such as CS-Cart.

In general, any sites that are selling customized products would need this feature in place. Otherwise, besides the online shopping cart, they need to do a lot of pre-sales and after-sales work via emails and manually. In addition, it would be helpful to also include file attachments to the comments for each order. For example, in our printing business, whenever we do a digital proof or sample printing, we need to send to the customer for confirmation. Would be great to include the following in the shopping cart:
1) allow order based comments (communications between the buyers and seller), which can be created either by buyers or seller
2) allow order based file attachments (wheneven we do a digital proof or sample printing, we send the pictures to the buyers for confirmation)

Regards,
-Wei