Post by Johnathan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:33 pm

My Restrict Shipping Methods extension can limit when shipping methods appear. So you can set all free shipping products' weight to 0, and then limit Free Shipping so it only appears when the cart weight is exactly 0. If you're using a weight-based or live rate (like UPS) method, then the free shipping products won't affect the calculation of the shipping charges.

If you want to set up different rate formulas on a per-product basis, I also have a Product-Based Shipping extension, or on a per-category basis, a Category-Based Shipping extension.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by siptec » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:16 pm

Look for an answer to this on Mijoshop 3.1.1. using OpenCart 2.0.X.

Wanting one item with free shipping and the other cart items still charged for shipping.

Don't know if this would be better as a coupon or shipping extension.

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:07 am

Coupons probably wouldn't work well if you want free shipping for one product, and charged shipping for another. I combined the Product-Based and Category-Based Shipping I mentioned in my last post, and it's now available in a single extension:

• Category & Product-Based Shipping

The extension should work fine on MijoShop, though you may need to move the .js file for the auto-complete function to your MijoShop directory. I can give you instructions if you contact me at the e-mail address in the extension files.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator