Post by redwingsfan71 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:24 am

I'm looking for help with adding two radio buttons on the address input form that allows the user to pick between a residential address or business address. My client needs this for proper info to be sent to FedEx and UPS. This info will need to be passed along and kept with the order details. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 am

you will need to add a new column to your table address and order. Then, add a new field to register.php, address.php, and checkout/register.php

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:24 am

My UPS Residential/Commercial Validation extension does this for UPS. I don't know of a comparable one for Fedex, but there might be something in the opencart.com store. Eventually I hope to create one for Fedex, but I'm not sure when that will happen.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by mlimacarlos » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:43 am

You'll need to add one column to table address and order because the shipping address is save in these table. If you want to put select option or a text field you need to modify the templates of view folder and controllers of checkout, Futhermore you'll need to change the order model and view to display this information.

Marcos

Post by stenci » Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 pm

It is possible to add custom fields by clicking on Customers - Custom Fields on the admin page.
Here is a little tutorial: https://www.templatemonster.com/help/op ... -form.html