Post by shoo002 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:57 am

Hello all,

I've put a list together of modules that would be really useful in the hope that someone can help with them. Some of them are probably really simple for developers that know what they are doing like the out of stock email patch (thanks Q).

So here goes:

1. Backend Order Entry - for manual entry of orders so that if someone comes in the physical shop or phones up I can create an order and process payment using OC

2. Order editing and updating facility - for if a customer places an order then sends me an email saying that they want to change to another product, the mod would enable the change and calculate the money differences and update the customer etc etc.

3. Amend the mail system - Enable the admin to send emails to groups of customers using the status select drop down. if for example i have 10 customers with 5 processing and 5 completed, i would like to send all processing customers 1 email and all completed customers another email. Basically more functionality in general.

4. User activity module - Track the every move of customers and potential customers, record IP addresses, page clicks etc etc.

And thats about it for now. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Stewart

Post by i2Paq » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:27 pm

shoo002 wrote:1. Backend Order Entry - for manual entry of orders so that if someone comes in the physical shop or phones up I can create an order and process payment using OC

2. Order editing and updating facility - for if a customer places an order then sends me an email saying that they want to change to another product, the mod would enable the change and calculate the money differences and update the customer etc etc.
There is a commercial Order Edit for 1.3.4, for 1.4.x an Order Edit + Manual Order Entry is listed to be done by Daniel.
A few community members (me included) have donated to get this added so it should be there in an upcomming 1.4.x release.
3. Amend the mail system - Enable the admin to send emails to groups of customers using the status select drop down. if for example i have 10 customers with 5 processing and 5 completed, i would like to send all processing customers 1 email and all completed customers another email. Basically more functionality in general.
Nice, but not that necessery.
4. User activity module - Track the every move of customers and potential customers, record IP addresses, page clicks etc etc.
I agree, I have an osCommerce shop with the Extended Who's Online contribution and I find this very usefull.
It does not record everything for future reverence, it only's shows it at the time it happens, but still usefull.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by shoo002 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks for your reply, I'm glad these things are being addressed, sadly the priority for me is the mail system adjustments. I'm no developer, but I would have thought someone who knows their stuff could post a patch just to get me started. It's causing me a bit of grief and is time consuming using the current mailing system. The problem is that your all so busy. I've asked Q to do it, he says I'm his next priority which sounds promising.

Thanks
Stewart

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:52 pm

shoo002 wrote: 4. User activity module - Track the every move of customers and potential customers, record IP addresses, page clicks etc etc.
I was doing this one anyway, so its about 60% done

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:51 pm

well you really need to be more specific when you talk about things too. When you say you have pending customers are you actually talking about pending customers as in you have approve new customers turned on and you haven't approved them, or are you talking about customers that have pending orders that are not complete yet?

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US