Post by rph » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:23 pm

2.5.1 isn't out yet.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by billynoah » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Hey - I saw some talk on another thread about naming vqmods "example.vqmod.xml". I've been working a bit with OC 2.0 and vQmod 2.5 and although my current mods don't use that naming convention they still appear to work fine. Can someone elaborate on this? I don't see any mention of this requirement on the github wiki either. What (and where) is the official word?

Post by rph » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:40 pm

I think it's just something developers are doing unofficially to differentiate from OCMods.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:46 pm

billynoah wrote:Hey - I saw some talk on another thread about naming vqmods "example.vqmod.xml". I've been working a bit with OC 2.0 and vQmod 2.5 and although my current mods don't use that naming convention they still appear to work fine. Can someone elaborate on this? I don't see any mention of this requirement on the github wiki either. What (and where) is the official word?
For OCmod, the XML files need to end with '.ocmod.xml'. And for our internal VQmod available from here the XML files need to end with '.vqmod.xml'. For the external VQmod, they just need to end with '.xml'.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by OSWorX » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:19 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
billynoah wrote:Hey - I saw some talk on another thread about naming vqmods "example.vqmod.xml". I've been working a bit with OC 2.0 and vQmod 2.5 and although my current mods don't use that naming convention they still appear to work fine. Can someone elaborate on this? I don't see any mention of this requirement on the github wiki either. What (and where) is the official word?
For OCmod, the XML files need to end with '.ocmod.xml'. And for our internal VQmod available from here the XML files need to end with '.vqmod.xml'. For the external VQmod, they just need to end with '.xml'.
You should highlight there this (I am sure not so many will read it):
This addon has been successfully tested for the standard OpenCart version 2.0.0.0. Don't use it with other Opencart versions (e.g. it won't work with OpenCart 2.0.0.1 beta).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 am

OSWorX wrote: You should highlight there this (I am sure not so many will read it):
This addon has been successfully tested for the standard OpenCart version 2.0.0.0. Don't use it with other Opencart versions (e.g. it won't work with OpenCart 2.0.0.1 beta).
You are right.

We do have a VQmod for OpenCart 2.0.0.1b, but it is still subject to changes, because Daniel keeps changing the code, e.g. in the modification.php file. The same is true for the Override Engine for OC 2.0.0.1b.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:33 am

We have release a VQmod for OpenCart 2.0.1.0.

BTW.: Daniel decided to rename the 2,0.0.1 to 2.0.1.0 before making it a final release!

Guru Member

Post by antonior14 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:41 am

Hi! I installed Vqmod for OC 2.0.1.1 but when I install extension that require vqmod not run

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:41 am

antonior14 wrote:Hi! I installed Vqmod for OC 2.0.1.1 but when I install extension that require vqmod not run
Seriously, are you not able to provide any details? Your post is vague, nobody can reproduce your error.

Guru Member

Post by antonior14 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Sorry ;D

I installed Vqmod from http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=19501

So I installing an extension that required vqmod for example
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... earch=news

and I copied files in the zip within upload folder and load in Extension Manger the vqmod file as .vqmod.xml extension, it load it, but It not run the virtual modification.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:40 pm

antonior14 wrote:Sorry ;D

I installed Vqmod from http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=19501

So I installing an extension that required vqmod for example
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... earch=news

and I copied files in the zip within upload folder and load in Extension Manger the vqmod file as .vqmod.xml extension, it load it, but It not run the virtual modification.
After the upload of the files via FTP, go back to your local PC and rename 'news.xml' to 'news.vqmod.xml'.

Then upload that renamed XML-file via your remote

admin > Extensions > Extension Installer > Upoload

Then go to

admin > Extensions > Modifications > click on Refresh button

You should now see your extension. The OpenCart 2.x extension installer is quite messy at the moment and should be more streamlined into a simpler user interface, but that's up to Daniel, or perhaps, when I have time, I'll write up one myself. It needs a simple one-click Install, Uninstall, and Upgrade mechanism.

Guru Member

Post by antonior14 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:42 am

ok solved with your suggest

thanks ;D

Post by antonior14 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:59 am

Hi! I notice that I can view and manage module in admin panel but vqmod midifications for catalog not work...
why??
I have just repeated the suggested task but not work for catalog

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:59 pm

vQmod 2.6.1 released with OpenCart 2.2.0.0 support and ocmod format support
https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/releases ... 1-opencart

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:09 pm

Thanks for the quick turn-around on fixing 2.2.0.0 compatibility, and awesome news about the ocMod support. Your continuing work on vQmod is appreciated!

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:15 am

bug found with windows servers. 2.6.1 released :)

Administrator

Post by MaxD » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:59 am

Hello, guys!

I have created vQmod variation, that doesn't slow down the shop. It builds all modded files cache in one pass and doesn't take any additional time each request.

Also it much easier to install for beginners (just upload files to the shop).

Here is the link - http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=24508

Will be glad for any comments or if you get any of my ideas.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:39 am

Qphoria wrote:vQmod 2.6.1 released with OpenCart 2.2.0.0 support and ocmod format support
https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/releases ... 1-opencart
I don't want to spoil the party here ;) , but it's not yet supporting OCmod XML syntax. I understand you have made all of the search-node attributes available to the add-node, and when the attribute is specified in the add-node it overrides the the corresponding attribute in the search-node. Nothing more. But that's not OCmod XML.

For a list of differences between OCmod XML and VQmod XML see this forum thread!

Also, your changes aren't compatible anymore with the VQmod XML schema, unlike the 2.5.1 version.

Guru Member

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:54 pm

Agreed on the braces matching.. we didn't add that, but the rest should work. I've done quite a few installs using a pre-release of 2.6.1 and aside from running into one mod that actually uses the braces thing, I've been successful in moving most ocmod files to the vqmod/xml folder without issue. It really just started because I couldn't stand using ocmod. People want me to adjust a mod conflict and I can't access the ocmod code to help them without rooting around in the database, then going through the whole reinstall, refresh, disable maintenance mode rigamorole. It got tiring so I simply added attribute support to the <add> tag and all the rest appeared to have worked fine. Wasn't aware of the index thing.

As far as the schema thing, yea that was another dev's pull request so we took it in but weren't actively maintaining it.

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:53 am

I recently came across another VQMod 2.6.1 bug while looking at a customer's OpenCart 2.0.3.1 website. It had the Pavo Themes installed, but no Override Engine, nor Integrated VQmod, just your VQmod. There was the following OCmod XML file, stored in the database via the normal Extension Installer from an install.xml file:

Code: Select all

<modification>
	<name>Export/Import Tool (V2.30) for OpenCart 2.x</name>
	<code>Export/Import Tool (V2.30) for OpenCart 2.x</code>
	<version>2.x-2.30</version>
	<author>mhccorp.com</author>
	<file path="admin/controller/common/menu.php">
		<operation>
			<search><![CDATA[$data['text_backup'] = $this->language->get('text_backup');]]></search>
			<add position="after"><![CDATA[
		$data['text_export_import'] = $this->language->get('text_export_import');
			]]></add>
		</operation>
		<operation>
			<search><![CDATA[$data['backup'] = $this->url->link('tool/backup', 'token=' . $this->session->data['token'],]]></search>
		$data['export_import'] = $this->url->link('tool/export_import', 'token=' . $this->session->data['token'], (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '2.2.0.0') >= 0) ? true : 'SSL');
			]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file>
	<file path="admin/language/*/common/menu.php">
		<operation>
			<search><![CDATA[$_['text_backup']]]></search>
$_['text_export_import']               = 'Export / Import';
			]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file>
	<file path="admin/view/template/common/menu.tpl">
		<operation>
			<search><![CDATA[<li><a href="<?php echo $backup; ?>"><?php echo $text_backup; ?></a></li>]]></search>
			<add position="replace"><![CDATA[<li><a href="<?php echo $backup; ?>"><?php echo $text_backup; ?></a></li><li><a href="<?php echo $export_import; ?>"><?php echo $text_export_import; ?></a></li>]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file>
</modification> 
OCmod created the expected

system/modification/admin/controller/common/menu.php
system/modification/admin/language/english/common/menu.php
system/modification/admin/view/template/common/menu.tpl

The subsequent VQmod processing step ignores the system/modification/admin/view/template/common/menu.tpl and only creates a vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin-view-template-common-menu.tpl (with Pavo menu changes only).

While it's good to see VQmod supporting OCmod XML syntax, it still needs to be able to cooperate with OCmod and its processing files via the admin/controller/extension/modification.php, both modification systems should be able to co-exist!

Guru Member