Post by rumen » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:36 am

This could happen at monday, July 30th.

Post by rumen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Here it is, a publicly accessible installation with the same parameters, as the one that I used locally for my tests, and with the same problems.

And the problems again - In both guest-checkout and register-account pages (for URLs see below) names of the countries and the zones are not displayed correctly based on the language selection on the frontend part of the website.

The instalation also has: vqmod, bulgarian language pack, Countries & Zones Multi-Language v2.01 with zones and countries migrated (installed in this order). The following has also been edited: country Bulgaria, and the zones Blagoevgrad, Burgas and Dobrich.

The URLs of the problem pages (there may be others):
http://opencart.pulsar.bg/2ocart/index. ... t/register
http://opencart.pulsar.bg/2ocart/index. ... t/checkout

URL:
http://opencart.pulsar.bg/2ocart/
http://opencart.pulsar.bg/2ocart/admin/

Admin login: admin
Admin pass: 1234

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:19 am

When I go to the admin - > extensions - > modules - > countries multi-language - > D - > Denmark (let's assume), I see that both are written in English as I also see that you have duplicated values of the Countries which means you have failed to have successfully import from the main countries table into the description table or perhaps you ran it multiple times during the process. It also possible that due to the mass of information that may be involved (max 210 Countries anyhow) that your server may of had encountered a recall operation which caused the process to run multiple times.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 am

No, I always managed to successfuly run the migration procedure, and no, I did not run the extensions multiple times in order to get them deliver a proper message.

I reported a problem with the duplicated appearence of any country and zone in the admin pannel's lists (not in the database tables) earlier and send you a screenshots which illustrates clearly the situation, but you just say that they are just lists and nothing is wrong with them.

I dont think that there are limitations to the server that caused the problem. On the same server runs a advanced enough website that manages 8000+ products and thousands of clients with no problem at all.

I think that the explanation/solution of the problem lies elsewhere. Please, investigate further.

Attached you may find exported corresponding tables. I dont see a duplicated records or anything wrong as long I can decide.

And I have a hunch, that it's necessary to repeat what the problem is - store front do not displays correct records from the tables based on the language selected.

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:23 am

I think that the explanation/solution of the problem lies elsewhere. Please, investigate further.
Must I remind that is contribution is free and the shame to say that the term on the market cannot be grown at least a thousand times bigger ? If it were the case, perhaps people would have a better understanding also regarding the fact that I don't have to investigate further as you say regarding a problem that only one has reported and for me to be unable to reproduce. Based on this fact, I shall investigate whenever I please as for the time it took to develop this module in order to stabilize it, I don't need to be lectured.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rumen » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Obviously our understandings of term //Technical Support runs in completely different directions, as so are the ways someone can ask politely for help.
I really dont understand how exactly I offended you.
I just expressed my opinion and asked you to solve the problem.

May be, if I just stood quiet and accept unreservedly your superficial and loose answers to my questions you would be more happier. And thats for sure, I would be much happier if I never bother to use your contribution. But the things are not always the same as we wanted them to be.

But never mind, obviously, I am a very rude man, who forces people to do things, that they dont wanted to do and lectures them instead of being understanding and supportive.

I sincerely wish you, that someday release a version that atleast works for more than three lucky enough people who voted for your work with five stars.

Have a nice life!

Post by jsmoove » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your free extension! It is what I am looking for.

The zone drop down does not load the correct language when the site changes language. Pleae visit
http://www.365print.hk/zh/account/register
http://www.365print.hk/en/account/register

Below is an image of my table showing the correct language is added for each zone.

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 pm

@jsmoove:

When I select: English on the header and select the Country name from the customer registration page, the only difference I can notice is the Hong Kong country but the rest of the Countries in the list seem to load just fine. The provided screenshot is about zones while the issue seem to be about Countries which would be a pointless screenshot unless you'd be demonstrating a point that hasn't been mentioned from your previous message.

Make sure from the admin - > extensions - > modules - > Countries Multi-Language that your Hong Kong values from the text boxes are correctly filled based on each languages and from your Zones Multi-Language to have the proper related settings. Take note that the configuration language from the language is based on the current language which is how OpenCart is already handled from the core.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jsmoove » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:04 pm

Hey SL,

Thanks for looking into it. Please look at the screenshot.

BTW. You should consider selling the extension for your hard work.

Country loads the correct language. Figure 1

Zone description loads Chinese. Figure 2

Country loads correct language. Figure 3

Zone loads English. Correct. Figure 4

Country loads correct language. Figure 5

This loads Figure 4's zone drop down. Figure 6

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:02 am

I was able to reproduce the figure 1 and 2 but not figure 3 and 4 of your screenshot and tested on your site to where you describe the problem. From the admin, what do you have for this Country and those zones in the languages ? Would it be possible to post screenshots also about those subjects ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jsmoove » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:25 am

Hey SL,

Here is a screenshot of Kowloon in Admin (Figure 1)

Here is an example of a zone in Kowloon (Figure 2)

Some of the other zones in Kowloon

Thanks,
J

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:53 am

I believe I found the problem. In the XML file, the current store language in the store-front end isn't validated along with the countries and zones description language.

To fix this, find in vqmod/xml/countries_zones_multilang_v1531.xml file,

this section:

Code: Select all

<file name="catalog/controller/account/register.php">
in that block, find:

if ((int)$language['language_id'] == (int)$country_desc['language_id']) {
replace with:

if ((int)$language['language_id'] == (int)$country_desc['language_id'] && (int)$country_desc['language_id'] == (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id')) {
Then, find this section:

<file name="catalog/controller/checkout/cart.php">
in that block, find:

if ((int)$language['language_id'] == (int)$country_desc['language_id']) {
replace with:

if ((int)$language['language_id'] == (int)$country_desc['language_id'] && (int)$country_desc['language_id'] == (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id')) {
Then, find:

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "zone z INNER JOIN `" . DB_PREFIX . "zone_description` zd ON (z.`zone_id` = zd.`zone_id`) WHERE z.zone_id = '" . (int)$zone_id . "' AND z.`status` = '1'");
replace with:

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "zone z INNER JOIN `" . DB_PREFIX . "zone_description` zd ON (z.`zone_id` = zd.`zone_id`) WHERE z.zone_id = '" . (int)$zone_id . "' AND zd.`language_id` = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "' AND z.`status` = '1'");
This should correct the problem. If so, I will update the package accordingly.

Note: To those who uses the v1.5.2.1 release, the replacement above should be the same in the XML.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:48 am

A tiny correction was made on the last replacement step above (SQL).

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jsmoove » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey SL,

Sorry to the bearer of bad news, but it is not working. It doesn't switch when I change language.

I think the issue relates to the system cache. I looked at the four zone cache files and saw whatever language I selected first is the only language in the cache file.

Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks,
J

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:14 pm

I definitely can't reproduce this issue on my end since my corrections above.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jsmoove » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 am

Hey SL,

You mean you can't reproduce the same error as me on my site?

I used Chrome and FF, and can reproduce the error.

Thanks,
J

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:31 am

I'm not sure why browsers would be addressed here but I do use FF, Chrome, Opera and IE and can't experience any issues you described since my latest fix above ...

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jsmoove » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 am

Here are two screenshots

Appreciate all the help for your extension :)

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:38 am

And you did applied the fixes above ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jsmoove » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:59 am

Yeah. The attached is my XML file.

Thanks so much for your help on this,
J

Attachments