Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:51 am

This contribution will allow the use of Multi-Languages with Countries and address formatting. The store-front end will load accordingly per selected language.

A migration module tool is also added in the package to ease installation between the already created country table towards the multi-language one. Obviously, each zones will need to be re-configured at your discretion for each languages.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4784
Last edited by straightlight on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by lgk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 pm

That's nice but it have some bugs to be fixed.

lgk

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:02 pm

It's a start. ;)
Last edited by straightlight on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:06 pm

As promised, I just released the v2.0 of Countries 'and Zones' this time and most modulated. VQMod is also included. All users who installed the previous version must revert all process. Instructions included in the ZIP file and documentation.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4784

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Bulik » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 am

Not working.....
VQmod error log:

---------- Date: 2012-02-22 02:10:33 ~ IP : 95.132.138.75 ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=setting/setting/zone&token=ca67d5fc003f7b905035986bad760cdb&country_id=220&zone_id=
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/astuff/a-stuff.com.ua/shopp/vqmod/xml/countries_zones_multilang.xml
id : Country And Zones Multilang
version : 1.0
vqmver : 2.1.5
author : Straightlight
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "zone WHERE country_id = '" . (int)$country_id . "' ORDER BY name");
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus, in System->Localization manu "Countries" tab disapered.... Opencart error log:

2012-02-22 2:11:29 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/astuff/a-stuff.com.ua/shopp/admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl on line 117
2012-02-22 2:11:31 - PHP Notice: Error: Unknown column 'c.country_id' in 'where clause'<br />Error No: 1054<br />SELECT * FROM oc_zone z INNER JOIN oc_country_description cd ON (cd.country_id = c.country_id) WHERE c.country_id = '220' ORDER BY cd.name in /home/astuff/a-stuff.com.ua/shopp/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:25 am

While I can see no errors on my end which probably leads me to think it's another XML conflict issue you might be experiencing already, can you tell me the exact steps you did so for me to reproduce this error ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:46 am

I just released a video demo: http://www.screencast.com/t/5Iymk7YHvRY to show how well this contribution works on my end.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by iSamCode » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello and congrats on your module.

One question:

my language is Greek and although I have change the letters in the languages files,

$_['text_letter_range'] =
array(0 => 'Α', // Arabic, Japan China etc - Change the right side of the value for your language letter structure.
1 => 'Ω', // Arabic, Japan China etc - Change the right side of the value for your language letter structure.
);

when I am in the module's page in admin there is no letters and there is only a single hyperling with a little question mark.

I have a country (Greece - Ελλάδα) already changed.

What do you think he problem is?

Thank you in advance..

The best iPhone Gadget Pantheon App

iSamCode.com

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:16 pm

The problem would probably be the language charset which of course I haven't tested all of them since there are countless possibilities on why this behavior would occur. Right now, I only use the English and French language.

Perhaps the UTF8 engine function could help on this one, I would have to investigate this further eventually.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ALT83 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi there, I believe I've followed all the steps correctly to install this module, but I have 2 issues (that may be related):

1) When your instructions say to replace "$country['name']" in "admin/view/template/store/store.tpl", I don't appear to have this folder or file (is that normal? I'm new to OpenCart, so I'm not sure)

2) When I go into the list of countries, and add the translation for the country, when I try to save my translation I get the following long error:

Notice: Undefined variable: page in /admin/controller/module/countries_multilang.php on line 422Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/index.php:83) in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/index.php:83) in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29

Any advice on how to fix it or if I've missed something would be great. It may be worth noting I'm trying to translate into Chinese.

Thanks,

Alex

Post by straightlight » Sun May 06, 2012 9:33 pm

1) When your instructions say to replace "$country['name']" in "admin/view/template/store/store.tpl", I don't appear to have this folder or file (is that normal? I'm new to OpenCart, so I'm not sure)
Correct. Instructions updated on my ZIP package from the market.
2) When I go into the list of countries, and add the translation for the country, when I try to save my translation I get the following long error:

Notice: Undefined variable: page in /admin/controller/module/countries_multilang.php on line 422Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/index.php:83) in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/index.php:83) in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
Fixed from the package. Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ALT83 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks for your quick update.

Now I have 2 more issues:

1) I cannot save a country name that is less than 3 characters (In Chinese, most country names are 2 characters long, e.g. China = 中国, so this current setting is no good).

2) When I try to save a translated country name, I get the following error:
Notice: Undefined index: error in /admin/controller/module/countries_multilang.php on line 419Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/index.php:83) in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/index.php:83) in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29

Thanks again!

Post by straightlight » Sun May 06, 2012 9:56 pm

1) I cannot save a country name that is less than 3 characters (In Chinese, most country names are 2 characters long, e.g. China = 中国, so this current setting is no good).
This restriction is also part of the core and not specifically originating from my contribution. If you feel this restriction should be removed, then you should also notify the OC team regarding the Chinese characters length requirements. However, on my end, I will make the change from 3 to 2 characters minimum.
2) When I try to save a translated country name, I get the following error:
Notice: Undefined index: error in /admin/controller/module/countries_multilang.php on line 419Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/index.php:83) in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/index.php:83) in /vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
Fixed.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ALT83 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Thanks, it's failing to load completely now. My PHP logs say:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '!', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in /admin/controller/module/countries_multilang.php on line 419

Post by straightlight » Sun May 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Typo. Fixed.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ALT83 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the great support - seems to be working now :)

Post by Freejoy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:28 pm

I noticed later after I installed this an error. You might still have a bug in this.

After installing it seemed everything was fine until I tried to click the home button in administration area. The screen goes white. Only with that button. Then I'm logged out and when I try to log in I get "Invalid token session. Please login again."

Php error logs have this:

Code: Select all

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE, expecting T_FUNCTION in C:\Windows\HOST\wamp\www\www.mysite.com\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-admin_model_sale_customer.php on line 222

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:09 pm

OC version ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Freejoy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:01 am

I have OpenCart v1.5.3.1

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:05 am

When you say: 'Administration Area', which part and how can I reproduce the problem ?

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON