Post by rph » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 am

i2Paq wrote:I see log-files created in the log-folder but no log-messages show in the vQmod manager itself.
Upgrade to 2.0 beta. 1.x can't handle the new logging scheme.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:24 am

rph wrote:
i2Paq wrote:I see log-files created in the log-folder but no log-messages show in the vQmod manager itself.
Upgrade to 2.0 beta. 1.x can't handle the new logging scheme.
VQMM 2.0 Beta requires the PHP ZipArchive class to be installed ( http://php.net/manual/en/class.ziparchive.php ). If not available in your server environment you must either have your host install it or stick with VQMM 1.0.1.
I'll ask my hoster.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by JFOC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Using newest opencart with newest VQMod giving me :

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Loader::language() in /Users/admin/Sites/home/xxxx/upload/admin/controller/module/vqmod_manager.php on line 34

Post by rph » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Yes, it screwed up the old quick method of loading language text. I probably won't have time to go through and add in all the manual loading for a while.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JFOC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm

rph wrote:Yes, it screwed up the old quick method of loading language text. I probably won't have time to go through and add in all the manual loading for a while.
Any Idea to fix this mess ?

Post by rph » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Yes, change the load method and manually call every single language text.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JFOC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:12 pm

rph wrote:Yes, change the load method and manually call every single language text.
change from $this->load->language to $this->language->load do the tricks

I dont know if changing this will makes some error or affecting to other things or not

Post by rph » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:48 am

That's only part of it. Either /system/library/language.php has to be altered to return an array like the old method or all the text has to be manually loaded. There's a bug in 1.5.5 which completely breaks multi-language so I'm not changing anything right now.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 am

Attached is a vQmod to put back the $this->load->language() for everyone finding this to be a right pain in the ass

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 am

rph wrote:That's only part of it. Either /system/library/language.php has to be altered to return an array like the old method or all the text has to be manually loaded. There's a bug in 1.5.5 which completely breaks multi-language so I'm not changing anything right now.
It's not a bug - it's intentionally been removed :( I can see a lot of developers having trouble with this

Guru Member

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm

JAY6390 wrote:
rph wrote:That's only part of it. Either /system/library/language.php has to be altered to return an array like the old method or all the text has to be manually loaded. There's a bug in 1.5.5 which completely breaks multi-language so I'm not changing anything right now.
It's not a bug - it's intentionally been removed :( I can see a lot of developers having trouble with this
Well yes it was intentionally removed, but when he removed it he actually created a bug that made it so that no language other than english works, so it's both a stupid decision to remove the method then a bug created when he striped out the return array as well.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by JFOC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Now it doesnt working at all within latest github version.

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined property: Loader::$language in /Users/admin/Sites/home/xxx/upload/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php on line 34
Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /Users/admin/Sites/home/xxx/upload/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php on line 34

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
JAY6390 wrote:
Well yes it was intentionally removed, but when he removed it he actually created a bug that made it so that no language other than english works, so it's both a stupid decision to remove the method then a bug created when he striped out the return array as well.
Ah I see :crazy:

Guru Member

Post by rph » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 am

1.5.5.1 fixes the multi-language bug and returns the language data array so I've updated VQMod Manager.

OpenCart's release cycle is just absurd.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am

Couldn't agree more! :)

Guru Member

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 am

rph wrote:1.5.5.1 fixes the multi-language bug and returns the language data array so I've updated VQMod Manager.

OpenCart's release cycle is just absurd.
Aja?
This is not really new to me.
Before you were active here, I had several discussions (too many) with this guy.
Result was, that he kicked my out of the mods team.

Poor what he is publishing - and the worst of all: he is doing that with nearly every release!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by rph » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 am

I've been around since 0.x (remember the motorcycles? :laugh: ). I lost my old screen name when the forum changed to phpBB. This is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by crykister » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 pm

When installing a check should be made if the user renamed the admin folder and changed the path of the HTTP_SERVER into something different then admin.

Is a common practice and can be simply integrated into the code by subtracting $opencart_path variable from HTTP_SERVER in config.php from presumably root.

Great job with this. Great idea! Great implementation!

Post by rph » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 am

Not sure what you're talking about. VQMM works just fine with modified Admin paths as long as you rename the upload folder appropriately. That's the only way you can handle an extension.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 am

Also as of the next version of vQmod you will be able to automatically rewrite paths for say admin in your vQmods without having to edit them. It should be released next Monday :)

Guru Member