Post by rph » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:27 am

VQMod Manager 2.0 is out!

VQMod Manager allows users to centrally manage VQMod files for use in OpenCart. Features include:
  • Automatically discovers and validates VQMod installation and suggests possible fixes if errors exist (NEW!)
  • Display of VQMod script information such as file name, description, author, version, required VQMod version, and status
  • Upload new VQMod scripts or delete old ones
  • Checks that all VQMod scripts have valid XML
  • Install and uninstall existing VQMod scripts
  • Download VQMod scripts for archival purposes
  • See which files exist in VQMod cache and clear them
  • Download vqcache for troubleshooting (NEW!)
  • View and clear the VQMod error log(s)
  • Error tab highlighting when issues exist (NEW!)
  • Download VQMod error log(s) (NEW!)
  • Tab layout (NEW!)
  • Fully portable extension/module - makes no changes to system files
Requirements
VQMod Manager uses VQMod 2.3.x and OpenCart 1.5.x (OpenCart 1.4.9.x users can use VQMod Manager 1.0.1 with VQMod 2.1.7 or earlier).

VQMod Manager can be downloaded for FREE in the OpenCart extension store.

Please Note Before Posting Issues
VQMod Manager is NOT VQMod. It is simply a user interface for it. All credit for VQMod goes to Qphoria and JAY6390 who've put a huge amount of work into making a great, free tool for the community.

VQMod Manager is NOT responsible for issues with VQMod scripts. If there are errors shown in the VQMod error log please contact the original script author for support fixing them.

Last edited by rph on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: VQMM 2.0 released

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Wow! That's pretty awesome.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by cantykiwi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks for this Ryan, As Jonathan said looks pretty awesome!

Unfortunately I can't get it to work in either v1.4.9.5 or v1.5.1. and using vQmod v1.2.3 :(

Have installed files in correct location, enabled module in system user settings, and installed module via module settings, but when I click the edit link next to uninstall all I get is a blank white screen so can't even enable it!

Have I missed something or done something wrong? Anyone else got this to work?

Both versions are on my local dev server, so can't give any links.

Thanks.

Post by rph » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 am

Are you using WAMP? There might be pathing issues. Let me do some checking.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by cantykiwi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 am

Nah using UniServer these days on Windows 7, like it better than WAMP and XAMPP for portablility.

My shop install is in a subdir if that could be causing an issue, but everything else works fine.

Thanks.

Post by rph » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 am

Should be fixed now. Just install over the previous version. Accidentally put a short tag in which some PHP implementations don't like.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by cantykiwi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am

Awesome, thanks Ryan.

Just tested on 1.4.9.5 and 1.5.1. All seems to be ok except not sure if the enable/disable option working correctly.

In 1.4.9.5 it doesn't seem to matter whether you have it disabled or enabled it still opens up with all the vQmod info showing anyway and even if you change module to disabled, it still stays there.

In 1.5.1 the option to disable/enable the module does not even show up in settings, only the vqmod path and the version number show and once you click save the rest of the information is there on the next entry into the module.

Maybe this is what you intended and it auto enables itself not sure.

Also just noticed that if you have unused xml files in the xml dir with the extension set to .xml_ they still show up in the list and so can be installed or deleted, maybe they should not show up as if the install option is selected and they are enabled they will not work in vqmod anyway as vQmod ignores .xml_?

Anyway thanks for a great mod.

Post by rph » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:30 am

cantykiwi wrote:Awesome, thanks Ryan.

Just tested on 1.4.9.5 and 1.5.1. All seems to be ok except not sure if the enable/disable option working correctly.

In 1.4.9.5 it doesn't seem to matter whether you have it disabled or enabled it still opens up with all the vQmod info showing anyway and even if you change module to disabled, it still stays there.
In all honesty enabled/disabled doesn't do a thing. Either VQMM is installed and you can use it or it isn't. I only left it in because enabled/disabled shows up in the module listings in 1.4.9.x and I figured always having VQMM listed as disabled would confuse people. I played around with just having it as a static (instead of choosable) listing but it was a hassle and got back-burnered.
In 1.5.1 the option to disable/enable the module does not even show up in settings, only the vqmod path and the version number show and once you click save the rest of the information is there on the next entry into the module.
Modules no longer have a default enabled/disabled status in 1.5.x.
Also just noticed that if you have unused xml files in the xml dir with the extension set to .xml_ they still show up in the list and so can be installed or deleted, maybe they should not show up as if the install option is selected and they are enabled they will not work in vqmod anyway as vQmod ignores .xml_?
I'm not quite following you.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by cantykiwi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:51 am

Ok thanks for clearing up points 1 and 2.

As for point number 3 the xml_ thing, I should have checked your module more carefully before posting as upon further checking just now I see that if you click install it changes the extension to xml and if you click uninstall it changes it to xml_ , so sorry, my mistake.

This is a very cool mod,

Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Wow this is great rph!
I'm glad my decision to use a more structured format is paying off for parsing. Looks great!

Administrator

Post by webpie it. » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Top Mod! got it in my 1.5s!

Regards

Chris

Post by hellogoodbye » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:18 pm

ohh just stumbled across this. will install when i get 1.5.1 up. looks awesome

Post by Hashishim » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:00 am

Hello

I am using this mod, but how do i Fix those errors for the examples that come with the vqmod 1.23 download. Any help please. I am running version 1.51 of OpenCart.

Post by rph » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:48 am

Qphoria wrote:I'm glad my decision to use a more structured format is paying off for parsing.
Worked like a charm. I'm working on some new features for 1.0 and parsing out the error log isn't nearly as fun. :P

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by rph » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:49 am

Hashishim wrote:Hello

I am using this mod, but how do i Fix those errors for the examples that come with the vqmod 1.23 download. Any help please. I am running version 1.51 of OpenCart.
I don't understand. Are you talking about errors in the log file?

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:47 am

rph wrote:
Qphoria wrote:I'm glad my decision to use a more structured format is paying off for parsing.
Worked like a charm. I'm working on some new features for 1.0 and parsing out the error log isn't nearly as fun. :P
I could change it to be more structured if you like.. but in the latest version of vQmod i've pretty much just made it errors only.. so a simple textarea loading the file as text should be sufficient.. unless you are trying to get fancy. ;)

Administrator

Post by rph » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:00 am

Qphoria wrote:
rph wrote:
I could change it to be more structured if you like.. but in the latest version of vQmod i've pretty much just made it errors only.. so a simple textarea loading the file as text should be sufficient.. unless you are trying to get fancy. ;)
Na, don't worry about it. I've already got the code for parsing the error log into usable data done. I just had to give you hell over it. ;)

Right now it's finding a way to display additional data that isn't completely fugly.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Shouldn't there also be a Clear button for the error log?

Other than that, this is a great extension!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by rph » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am

JNeuhoff wrote:Shouldn't there also be a Clear button for the error log?
It's in the lower right-hand corner.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by spitos » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi there, I hope someone can help.

I seem to be having some issues when clicking delete or uninstall in the brilliant vqmod manager.

I get this message when click either link:

Code: Select all

Warning: rename(/sites/xxx/shop/vqmod/xml/vqmod_catalog_improved_my_account_mod.xml,/sites/xxx/shop/vqmod/xml/vqmod_catalog_improved_my_account_mod.xml_) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /sites/xxx/shop/admin/controller/module/vqmod_manager.php on line 234Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sites/xxx/shop/admin/index.php:83) in /sites/xxx/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sites/xxx/shop/admin/index.php:83) in /sites/xxx/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
This happens for all installed vqmods, not just the one referenced above.
Anyone else had this issue?

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK