Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:35 am

*** Same functionality as this one ***
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=26995

This contribution allows merchants to avoid to spend service fees while there doesn't need to be (unless having an excessive mount of data) for exporting Zen-Cart database over Excel files in order to re-import them in Opencart with this so well known contribution: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... sion_id=17 .

No core files, all new files developed by modules and a library. PHPExcel has been included in the package. If you have it and especially under the same folder already, you do not need to re-upload this folder particularly unless the version is pretty old. This version support Excel 2007 and may be above.

Please follow the documentation tab and post on the support forum for technical assistance.

The worksheet names are intentionally reduced due to the limitation of the maximum characters of 31. However, these limitations will NOT prevent users in any way to import these fields and values. The fields are included in the Excel sheets.

Requires PDO Extension!

Contribution: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=27000

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dchaney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:33 am

I have fresh 2.2.0.0 install of OpenCart. Just went through zencart export installation using minimal docs.

"- Go to your admin - > tools - > users - > user groups - > edit - > checkmark the module/Zencart_export and module/Zencart_settings if not checked already." Did not get these options displayed in user groups.

"- Go to your admin - > extensions - > modules - > Zencart Export. Install it." Installed. Tried Edit. Message displayed not enabled. Did not see where to enable. Did enable Zencart settings.

Previously installed PDO. Vague and ambiguous documentation.(Not your responsibility, I know...). May not have been totally correct. Could use your insight.

Thanks.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:23 am

Previously installed PDO. Vague and ambiguous documentation.(Not your responsibility, I know...). May not have been totally correct. Could use your insight.
Perhaps you'd like to elaborate that a little? What seem to be the issue with your installation?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dchaney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:47 am

I installed the PDO extension and made indicated changes to config.php, php.ini, in both root and admin. If I select PDO by commenting out "define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqlidrv');" and add "define('DB_DRIVER', 'pdodriver');" (without quotes) to config.ini files, I get 505 server error on my storefront. If I remove comment marks from mysqldrv line, storefront displays.

Docs for PDO doesn't say how to verify database connection works.

I still can't enable zencart export.

Slightly confused as path is not "- Go to your admin - > tools - > users - > user groups - > edit - > checkmark the module/Zencart_export and module/Zencart_settings if not checked already." Rather "- Go to your admin - > system - > users - > user groups - > edit - > " and no zencart export options appear for me to check.

Thanks.
Last edited by dchaney on Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:51 am

dchaney wrote:I installed the PDO extension and made indicated changes to config.php, php.ini, in both root and admin. If I select PDO by commenting out "define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqlidrv');" and add "define('DB_DRIVER', 'pdodriver');" (without quotes) to config.ini files, I get 505 server error on my storefront. If I remove comment marks from mysqldrv line, storefront displays.

Docs for PDO doesn't say how to verify database connection works.

I still can't enable zencart export.

Thanks.
These instructions are nowhere to be found in my documentation. In both config.php and admin/config.php files, all you need to do is to make the changes for:

Code: Select all

define('DB_DRIVER', 'mpdo');
This should already rectify the problem without the need to make any manipulation to the server. The PDO extension has been enforced in the PHP library by the Industry since v5.3+ . This extension, still being tagged / named and called as an extension has been part of the PHP core since quite sometime now. On my extension page, there is nowhere to be seen where the installation of PDO is required but rather indicates that the PDO extension is required for the Zen-Cart Export extension to work which means, as part of the core from your web hosting party, the PDO extension should of been at least installed already if not activated.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dchaney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:57 am

Thanks for the reply. It was my misunderstanding. I thought your documentation meant that the paid extension had to be installed.

I will uninstall the files and file modifications and chalk up the $15 to lessons learned.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:58 am

dchaney wrote:Thanks for the reply. It was my misunderstanding. I thought your documentation meant that the paid extension had to be installed.

I will uninstall the files and file modifications and chalk up the $15 to lessons learned.
The Zen-Cart extension is a free extension as it does not involve any sales fee on this one. The only lesson learned here pretty much is by not following the provided instructions.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dchaney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:12 am

OK thanks for the wrist slap. Now for my original questions for you:

"- Go to your admin - > tools - > users - > user groups - > edit - > checkmark the module/Zencart_export and module/Zencart_settings if not checked already."

1. This path is different admin - > SYSYEM - > users - > user groups - > edit - > When I edit the user group, no zencart options are present,

2. - Go to your admin - > extensions - > modules - > Zencart Export. Install it. DO NOT RUN IT YET ! Did this.
When I try to edit iget message "text_error" The Zen-Cart export module is currently disabled!.

I enabled the Zen-Cart settings and still get the above message.

3."- Run the Zencart Export module." I don't know how to do this.

Thanks.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:18 am

dchaney wrote:OK thanks for the wrist slap. Now for my original questions for you:

"- Go to your admin - > tools - > users - > user groups - > edit - > checkmark the module/Zencart_export and module/Zencart_settings if not checked already."

1. This path is different admin - > SYSYEM - > users - > user groups - > edit - > When I edit the user group, no zencart options are present,

2. - Go to your admin - > extensions - > modules - > Zencart Export. Install it. DO NOT RUN IT YET ! Did this.
When I try to edit iget message "text_error" The Zen-Cart export module is currently disabled!.

I enabled the Zen-Cart settings and still get the above message.

3."- Run the Zencart Export module." I don't know how to do this.

Thanks.
In your admin folder, create a new PHP file:

Code: Select all

<?php
extension_loaded ('PDO' );
extension_loaded('pdo_mysql');

echo "<pre />\n";
print_r(get_loaded_extensions());
echo "</pre>\n";
Load it on your browser and see if you have prefixes that starts with: pdo .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dchaney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:26 am

Yes, I have several:
[34] => PDO
[35] => pdo_dblib
[36] => PDO_ODBC
[58] => pdo_mysql
[59] => pdo_sqlite
[60] => pdo_pgsql

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:29 am

dchaney wrote:Yes, I have several:
[34] => PDO
[35] => pdo_dblib
[36] => PDO_ODBC
[58] => pdo_mysql
[59] => pdo_sqlite
[60] => pdo_pgsql
Ok, now remove the file. Did you activated the Zen-Cart settings module as well? This needs to be activated. Otherwise, you won't be able to use the module. ;)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dchaney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:36 am

As outlined in above posts, I set Zen-Cart Settings to enabled. Still having the problems I mentioned.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:38 am

dchaney wrote:As outlined in above posts, I set Zen-Cart Settings to enabled. Still having the problems I mentioned.
Do you notice any recent errors by date and time in your admin - > systems - > settings - > tools - > error logs page regarding the PDO class?

Note also ensure your logs are enabled from your admin - > systems - > settings - > edit store - > server tab.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dchaney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:46 am

Logging has been on. No errors recorded at all.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:49 am

If you'd like, I could complete this installation for you over PM.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by carlorine11 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:25 pm

The biggest advantage is free to download. Thanks for your extension.
Last edited by straightlight on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed referral link of other party. Not acceptable !

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Package updated for v2.3.0.2 release.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Segeo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:49 am

Hi,

Im trying to use your usefull extension, following each step in the documentation. I've allready installed the Zencart Settings part in admin - > extensions - > modules - > Zencart Settings, but when I edit the database settings, I get a "Permision Denied: You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator" messege.

I'm using the OC database settings. Am I wrong? Should I use the settings from the zencart database I'm trying to import instead? The username, database name and password are right.

Thank you for your help, and for your work in this extension.

Post by masterkenobi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Thanks for your effort, but I am sorry, I see little use to me because I can just go to my Cpanel > Phpmyadmin get the same thing.

I expect this tool to be able to export the zen cart data into format compatible with this tool; http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... sion_id=17

Sadly it is not.

I end up using the Easy Populate plugin in Zen Cart to export the data and copy and paste the data into the excel file required by the Export/Import tool before import it into OC.