Post by Lynne baker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 am

Hi everyone
Please accept my apologies for the vague title - I don't really know how to describe what I want!
I've created several information sheets which I would like to offer my site visitors. I'm assuming I need to purchase some kind of extension for this, so I'm asking you for help in which one fits the bill.

What I'd like is this:

A visitor finds themselves on our site, and I'd like to capture some details from them.
We have some really useful information sheets which I'd like them to have access to, but I want their details in exchange for this.
I'd like a pop up saying something like "want to know how to choose your skincare range for your salon? enter your email and we'll send it straight to your inbox!"

Is there a way I can upload a document to my site which, once they've entered their details, just automatically sends the info sheet to their email address?
And is there a plug in which will provide a pop up to achieve this, please?
I'm currently running version 1.5.4, but we're about to upgrade to the latest version, so it doesn't matter if the plug in only works on the later versions - we'll implement this once the upgrade is complete.

Many thanks for your help; it's very much appreciated.

Lynne

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:52 am

Opencart, especially v1.5x releases, does not send attachment files from the email class unless using an extension from the Marketplace. However, your inquiry could possibly get done.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Lynne baker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 am

Perhaps you might be kind enough to point me in the right direction of which extension to look at in the marketplace, please?
Thanks