Post by mxmark » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:20 am

Okay...I'd love to be able to reply to certain lower rated reviews on my OC site.

Now I've managed to find just 1 (free) extension that claims to do this, but when I have installed it, all works fine on the backend, but no reply is visible on the front end :(

The extension in question is: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... 20directly

I'm sure to get it working with my site, it just requires a slight tweak to the code here and there inside the xml file, but unfortunately I'm no coder.

Here's a snippet of the error code in my vQmod manager:
=========================================================================================
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home2/**********/public_html/************.com/vqmod/xml/aboc_reply_to_review.xml
id : Reply to review
version : 1.0.0
vqmver : 2.4.1
author : ab-oc 09.2014

File Name : catalog/view/theme/*/template/product/review.tpl(0)
VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (SKIPPED): <div class="review-list">
=========================================================================================

For anyone interested, my site is running OC 1.5.6.4 and the Journal 2 theme.

Now you may be wondering, why don't I just contact the developer of this extension and ask them for their advice, right? Well I have (or at least posted the problem on the extension page) but it seems like they don't support it any longer looking at the dates they last replied to some of the posts, and there's no direct contact information for him/her, hence this thread post.

So in a nutshell, is there any kind soul/coder out there who is willing to point me in the right direction on which bits of the code needs changing to get this extension working on my site. Or alternatively, I'm willing to pay someone if need be ;)

Look forward to your replies...

Cheers,
Mark

Location - Greater Manchester, UK

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:18 pm

File Name : catalog/view/theme/*/template/product/review.tpl
VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (SKIPPED): <div class="review-list">
---
well, a VqMod Routine is looking exactly for what it says, in the error Message, namely this line below:
<div class="review-list">
to use it as ANCHOR/TAG, in order to do it's Job, adding/replacing/whatever..., In the:
shop\catalog\view\theme\(an asterix here * means any theme)\template\product\review.tpl,
and this <div class="review-list"> Line does no seem to exist, in exactly this form
and written way
, written, as shown, In the sample code below in line Number 3!
It's as easy as that ! :D
---
Default OC review.tpl Content:

Code: Select all

<?php if ($reviews) { ?>
<?php foreach ($reviews as $review) { ?>
<div class="review-list">
---
Therefore, you need no support, just look and read, what the system is telling you, Check on how this line looks like,
and Copy the seemengly not quite matching line, from the Journal review.tpl File, and Paste it into the place in the VqMod, where this not found '<div class="review-list">' line resides, by replacing the 'faulty' Line with the One out of your Journal File. Exactly, and without adding/removing a single space, or anything, anywhere, other than it was before... 8)
---
BUT, if you find NO visible DIFFERENCE, between those two lines, THEN, replace your Bottom VqMod
Section, starting with: <file name="catalog/view/theme/*/template/product/review.tpl">
with this Code below, in your VqMod, because, as I look at it, it cannot work, as it comes, as planned, at least,
not by use of the 1.5.6.4 Default Theme File.
---

Code: Select all

<file name="catalog/view/theme/*/template/product/review.tpl">
<operation error="log" >
<search position="after"><![CDATA[<div class="text"><?php echo $review['text']; ?></div>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
<!-- BEGIN - aboc - reply to review -->
 	      div class="text"><b><font color="#F7941D"><?php echo $review['author']; ?>: </font></b><?php echo $review['text']; ?></div>
 	      <div class="text"><?php if ($review['textadmin'] != '') { ?><b><font color="#21C0F0"><?php echo $this->config->get('config_name'); ?>: </font></b><?php echo $review['textadmin']; ?><?php } ?></div>
<!-- END - aboc - reply to review -->
	]]></add>
	</operation>
	</file>
and try again.
---
And if you don't understand anything, when it comes to Such, better, get paid support, or you won't get anywhere...

Nothing personal, just information! ;)
Ernie
---
how does VqMod work
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#p507217
---
Welcome to vQmod
https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/wiki
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland