Post by vilaspo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi,

firstly I will specify details about project:

> 1.5.6.4 opencart
> Journal theme
> +150 000 products
> +700 000 product images
> we use Mega Filter Pro extension
> daily stock updates (directly via mysql)
> weekly product updates, imports (directly via mysql)

So after 1-2 weeks we will open our new big store and looking the best solution for caching. Could you advice best optimization/caching modules or configurations for that amount of products? Does it worthy to cache only important pages (information, home, categories, account, brands and etc.) or product pages too if we do daily stock updates directly via sql?

Many thanks,
vilaspo :)

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:07 am

this one should probably do it:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=12658

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by vilaspo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:52 pm

Many thanks for advice. What do you think about using Nitro pack and OpenCart Lightning in one store? Is it worthy to combine these two or choose only one of these?

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:33 am

I would better not do such, NITRO-Pack ist a 'complete' and rather 'comprehensive' Solution, and it does a lot of things, all over the OC Place, so, adding another Speed-Up-Extension could have, at the very best, negative 'effects' on such.

I have been playing around, some while ago, with MaxD's genious Lightning Extension, it works well, but NITRO-PACK does a lot more, peaking out most everything, and this would be highly important, especially, when it comes to handle huge amount's of Products.

Beeing typically Swiss, when it comes to make sure, I already feel sorry with your DB, I could not sleep at night, depending on such, to function, if I would have to make a living on such an Adeventure ! :D

Or then, I would really remove everything, everywhere, unused, to 'lean out' source, theme, tasks, languages, modules, mods, e.t.c., because OC carries a lot of stuff, by default, possibly never ever used in 'active' Duty.

And make super-sure, not to have any cached images laying around, in sizes, not longer used, because, if one ever changes, in the Beginning, some dimensions for pic's in certain places, the old one's stay there. Don't forget, 750 K Images, in each cached SIZE, will result in 750K Cached images, to be handled, if used or not, in each size ! :o
But, no OC image Manager would be able to handle such anyway..., I assume, it could take an hour, and 10+ GigaBytes of Server-RAM, just to list such..., if all would be placed in one Sub ! Not talking about a PC-Browser!

So, you are gonna need a very powerfull Machine, if you really plan, to get and keep such a setup alive and well!

But this does not mean, that this is the End, in some Places, more could be done, to still peak OC a little more. :D
Especially, when it comes to Cookie-free Subdomain Linking of Images, Scripts and CSS-Files, as well as fixing some little Missings, such as Alt-Size-Tagging OC-Images, but I never tested such Things in real, by use of a Nitro-Pack, or others, therefore, I really don't know, is stuff like this is handled also, by some of those Extensions, or not.

Because of all this, I recommended, what I believe, at least to come from a highly trustworthy Developer, there are other similar Complete-Solutions, some possibly even better, but since I only 'work' on/with 'open wisdom', and never tried any of those paid Extensions, I would be unable to compare anyway.

Good Luck, let me know the link, if it works, then, we have a look, on, if anything may still be missing, to get, at least, still a 92/92 Result on GTMetrix, fully packed :D
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland