Post by pattigru » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Hello,
I am new to the opencart community, opencart, and online shopping sites!. I have a journal theme that I am using with it. The theme comes with a blog installed.

I would like to be able to have people "sign up" to receive the blog, like they are able to with the newsletter, rather than use the rss feed.

The newsletter is set up to capture and send out newsletters with mailchimp.

I have been told it isn't possible to do something similar with the blog that is on the site.

Does anyone know how to do this or is there an extension available for this purpose?

Thank you!

Patti

Post by OSWS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:15 am

Patti,

You should be able to use the Newletter module functionality on the blog page. Here's an example I quickly put together for ModelScenerySupplies which uses Journal theme. It seems to be working okay. Simply add the Newsletter block to your blog page - see the Journal documentation for details.

HTH

Post by pattigru » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:02 am

Thank you. I have a newsletter module already set up. So the newsletter module I have set up in journal links to mailchimp. The subscribers to the newsletter go to mailchimp and I send out the newsletter from there. Do you send out your newsletter from journal or do you just collect the addresses and send it out from some other application like mailchimp? My delimna is how do I write the blog in journal and then send it out to subscribers?

Post by OSWS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:37 pm

As you pointed out the theme isn't designed for mailing customers, only registering their email. I haven't investigated the Opencart Newsletter modules deeply but AFAIK you can only manage this manually.

Post by moneycarlo » Wed May 18, 2016 12:05 pm

pattigru wrote:Thank you. I have a newsletter module already set up. So the newsletter module I have set up in journal links to mailchimp. The subscribers to the newsletter go to mailchimp and I send out the newsletter from there. Do you send out your newsletter from journal or do you just collect the addresses and send it out from some other application like mailchimp? My delimna is how do I write the blog in journal and then send it out to subscribers?
How do you have your journal theme newsletter module importing into mailchimp? Can you show me how you did that?
thanks!

Post by debbiekipt » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:35 pm

pattigru wrote:Thank you. I have a newsletter module already set up. So the newsletter module I have set up in journal links to mailchimp. The subscribers to the newsletter go to mailchimp and I send out the newsletter from there. Do you send out your newsletter from journal or do you just collect the addresses and send it out from some other application like mailchimp? My delimna is how do I write the blog in journal and then send it out to subscribers?
I would love to know how to connect a Journal newsletter form to MailChimp, could you share how you did this?
Many thanks