Post by msmith » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi to all,

I've been tearing my hair out for over two days now trying to fix a problem I have with a space that appears right at the top of the browser, only in Firefox and only on the account pages when logged in in Spanish !!!.... In IE it's even stranger, because I have the space at the top and the whole page moves to the left. Absolutely no problem in Opera. Absolutely no problem when in "English" mode.

I have tried all types of things: remove any vqmods that could be interfering, remove all vqmods, adding padding 1px 0; removing margins, but I just can't solve it. Firebug has been of no assistance, and I think it isn't my template CSS, it must be something to do with the language module... ?

Here are a few images, so that the problem can be understood visually:

This is how the top part of the home page looks like when logged in (with any browser) - This is how all pages should look like:
header1.jpg

header1.jpg (27.43 KiB) Viewed 843 times

This is how the account pages look like with Firefox (when logged in in English) - OK:
header2.jpg

header2.jpg (31.36 KiB) Viewed 843 times

This is how the account pages look like with Firefox when I change to Spanish - BAD:
header3.jpg

header3.jpg (32.1 KiB) Viewed 843 times

(The limit for attachments is 3, so I'll post images for IE in the next post)

By the way I'm using 1.5.3.1
Last edited by msmith on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by msmith » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm

IE account pages in English - OK =>
header5.jpg

header5.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 842 times

IE account pages in Spanish- BAD =>
header4.jpg

header4.jpg (35.31 KiB) Viewed 842 times

Please, any ideas ??? THANKS !

Post by msmith » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:44 pm

nearly 3 hours after my first message and with many hairs less. Here's the SOLUTION =>

IE and Firefox don't like you changing ANSI to UTF_8 for any of the tpl's. So, don't change them ! Opencarts tpl's have to be ANSI.