Post by slugs212 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi

Im currently in the process of creating a website: www.codeclothes.co.uk however I would like to remove the

Extras Title, Brands, Gift Vouchers, Affiliates and specials from the bottom footer as Im not planning to use them, how can I remove these from all pages, I presume within the .php somewhere, but to be honest my knowledge of php is limited,

any help will be kindly appreciated!

Regards

Jay

Post by rincerofwinds » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:08 am

I believe that they are in the footer.tpl file (lines 18-26 approx) which can be found in the catalogue/view/theme/default/template/common/ folder

Ian

Post by slugs212 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:21 am

Thankyou for your Help!

Its Much Appreciated!

Jay

Post by Hereward » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi

It seems sensible to me that it would be a good idea if it were possible to remove these links in the footer from within the Admin Control Panel. I would like to remove the "Returns" link from within the "Customer Service" list. I would like to remove all the "Extras" items and the "Wishlist" + "Newsletter" links from the "Account" List.

Does anybody know of a free template which will do this for me?

Many Thanks!

Location - Oxford, England.

Post by Marcus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:56 pm

In addition to moving the Extras as Above.

I have also put the following in the stylesheet.css to justify the three remaining

/* move the first column to the right by 170px */
#footer div:first-child {
margin-left: 170px;
}

/* make the columns narrower to take account of the margin on the first column */
#footer .column {
width: 27%;
min-height: 100px;
float: left;
}

Post by MrZimm » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 am

Rincerofwinds & Marcus
Thank you so so much!

It work great exactly what what I was looking for.

Cheers.

Post by mrspeakers » Thu May 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Alas, I am on iPages and on the server I can not upload a replacement file nor can I edit this document. Is it possible to access the source file with the OpenCart Admin system?

Post by tillieb » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am

I'm using iPage too and had to create an FTP user and use an FTP program (such as FileZilla) to be able to edit and upload these files.

Post by lillakantarell.se » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:56 pm

What I do is simply to change the language file/'s so translation for the items I dont want displayed is "" (nothing) i other words not displayed. This way I dont have to change any "more complicated" files that could cause unexpected problems later on with mods or simply disappear after an upgrade.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree it would be nice to se this and other things controlled from admin. But just how bloated should the admin really be?

Post by Pullman » Tue May 28, 2013 1:18 pm

We shouldn't have to code every damn piece we want to change.

It's not hard to create a 'this link leads to this page' system without having to alter the code. Same for changing the header, footing, and other obviously desirable customizable parts of the page. Not everyone is a programmer and it should not be assumed as such. How much coding should one have to learn to set up a simple cart?

Post by mmreed » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:05 pm

I agree - this should not need to edit code.

What happens each time there is an update to open cart, will this get overwritten and we need to manually edit code every time?

Post by melbagnato » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:14 pm

You need to keep in mind that OpenCart is free, and that there are lots of extensions (free and not so free) that can do pretty much everything you could possibly need. If not there are developers out there, like me, who are here to help.

Use vqmod to make sure your changes can be carried forward during an upgrade, and to prevent you having to touch the core code.

If you ever get stuck, use this forum. We don't bite.

- Mel

http://online.enterpriseconsulting.com.au

Site with OpenCart extensions & code downloads, many new extensions coming soon!
Follow us on twitter for more updates

Location - Melbourne

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:52 am

melbagnato wrote:You need to keep in mind that OpenCart is free, and that there are lots of extensions (free and not so free) that can do pretty much everything you could possibly need. If not there are developers out there, like me, who are here to help. - Mel
your'e a soft speaking fellow...

FREE is possibly not enough, a free Custom Service would be the least, what the Guy, claiming to be the owner of OC, is expected to offer with his product. More, why couldn't he design the Software in a way, that everybody, regardless of education or language, would be able to customize everything as wished by a few Clicks/Moves on a Mouse-Button?! It's a shame...

This is, according to some of the above, what some, obviously, expect. They want to use this thing to make Money, fast and soon, they never planned on something like 'programming' - spending uncounted hours on something, just to make it into a Custom Platform to start to get rich quick.

Lucky World, it's not the case. If it would, there would not longer be any progress, everything would be and look the same, who would care about Improvements, who would care about going further..!?

For free

It's the WILL and the BRAIN, what makes the difference.
Success does not come for FREE.

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by deltiology » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:35 am

I am a newbie to Opencart and websites in general - I've removed the 'Extras' from my footer but would now like to center align the remaining information boxes - the information posted by Marcus says you can do this in stylesheet.css,
I've attempted to do this but it made no differences - does it need to be in a specific place in the stylesheet?

Thanks

Marcus wrote:In addition to moving the Extras as Above.

I have also put the following in the stylesheet.css to justify the three remaining

/* move the first column to the right by 170px */
#footer div:first-child {
margin-left: 170px;
}

/* make the columns narrower to take account of the margin on the first column */
#footer .column {
width: 27%;
min-height: 100px;
float: left;
}

Post by cargogirl » Thu May 14, 2015 9:08 am

my 2 cents worthe to Ernies comment

free - means you work for free, a kind of slavery.

do you have any idea just how many thousands of hours go into this sort of work and its never 'just a simpke mod'

ADG - Design, Development and Hosting in Australia

Post by syl4s84 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:52 pm

hai opencart master,

i want to ask about the footer
if i want to make the footer
like this
Imageupload gambar

can u teach me how to do this

thank you

Post by belleson » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Viethemes Live Editor can set footer copyright text and much more, I use it to set up my shop.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=20693