Post by Zerberos » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:46 am

Hi,

Can anyone explain why Opencart skips ordernumbers when i look in the Dashboard on the latest orders?

For example:

Order ID 160 Customer XXX
Order ID 155 Customer XXX
Order ID 154 Customer XXX

Why did the cart all in a sudden jump to order ID 160, when the last order was named 155... The last should be named order 156...

Any one that can help me out here?

Thanks!

/Z

Post by jty » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Zerberos wrote: Why did the cart all in a sudden jump to order ID 160, when the last order was named 155... The last should be named order 156...
Have a look under admin > orders > status of Missing

The numbers you can't see are abandoned orders. Buyer backed out of the transaction before payment

jty

Post by Qphoria » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:29 am

You can try the Single Temp ID mod here to cut down on the number of them:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=20

Administrator

Post by SANDY2015 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:05 pm

I also found the same problem but when I checked out it at by my own side to see if the order id is skipped because it backed before completing the process but it's not true. The order id is skipped automatically.So please help to solve the problem.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:08 am

Order IDs are generated whenever step 6 is loaded. If a single customer gets to step 6, then goes back to choose a new payment, it makes a new order id, if he goes back again to change cart items, it makes a new order id. if he mistypes his CC and has to reenter it, it makes a new order id.

if you use my single temp order mod, it will detect the existing order id, delete ALL fields for it but keep the ID and reuse it for a single customer. So he can go back and change stuff but it will reuse the same order id.

Administrator

Post by fkho » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:17 am

Qphoria wrote:Order IDs are generated whenever step 6 is loaded. If a single customer gets to step 6, then goes back to choose a new payment, it makes a new order id, if he goes back again to change cart items, it makes a new order id. if he mistypes his CC and has to reenter it, it makes a new order id.
Oh man, that explains a lot! Thanks.

We have a problem that a few users cannot send the order, so i thought that missing ids are a clue. Now I see they are not and I am in the beginning :(