Post by jwreid » Sun May 28, 2017 11:16 pm

I have 2 files of code for 2 different products. The code is exactly the same except the product details are different. One is responsive and the other is not and the one that is not creates a scroll on the bottom of the desktop view. I have spent the last 10 hours trying to figure out why one is and one isn't. I have attached both files. Please take the time to download and compare these files and maybe tell me why this is as I am going out of my mind as there are exactly the same coding but acting differently.
Thank you.

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 pm
Location - Canada

Post by IP_CAM » Mon May 29, 2017 4:01 am

well, there is not much OpenShop anymore in that Box, but it's Sunday, so, I don't
want to ruin your day...
Good Luck!
Ernie
Image

Attachments

different_image_related_errors.jpg

different_image_related_errors.jpg (15.41 KiB) Viewed 158 times


Ernie's OpenShop 1.75 with responsive Bootstrap Themes:
http://www.bigmax.ch - http://www.ocshop.li
Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by jwreid » Mon May 29, 2017 5:49 am

Thanks for the reply but it just so happens that the second url you pointed out is of the product that is in fact responsive even the urls are not quite right. Its seems to be an issue post importer. My product importer imports everything responsively but when I mess with it and change formats to say bulletted or what have you it seems to conflict with the original format or something. I will just keep messing with it until it works.
Thanks

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 pm
Location - Canada

Post by jwreid » Mon May 29, 2017 6:44 am

Tell me if this makes sense to you Ernie. I just was trying anything to see if a product description would become responsive. In the product description there is a bulletted list of product details and I noticed there was no space after a comma when it listed say for example languages.....English,French,Italian,Swedish,Chinese. So everyplace that a space was needed after the comma I put one and low and behold the description became responsive. I tried it a few more times with other products and it worked every time. I would have never guessed but it works and I can keep my sanity!!
Thanks

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 pm
Location - Canada

Post by jwreid » Tue May 30, 2017 10:16 am

Thanks, by the way for the pointing out the shape my image urls were in, I hadn't noticed. I took the time to clean them up and add/remove stuff.
Thanks :D

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 pm
Location - Canada
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 23 guests